“Absolutely Amazing!”

Baglioni Hotel London
Ranked #48 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Amazing place. Treated like Royalty. A must stay. Staff were so helpful they could not do enough for you. They were there at a whim. Helped us with every aspect of our stay. Wish we could of taken it with us on the rest of our holiday. The actual property is very lavish and in a great location. I have stayed in some great hotels/resorts in the past, this is number one without a doubt!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Baglionihotel, General Manager at Baglioni Hotel London, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2012

Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you for having taken the time to give us feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I am delighted to learn that it was a very positive experience and I will naturally share your comments with the Team, who I am certain will be encouraged by your remarks.
Thank you again for sharing your feelings, and may I take this opportunity to wish you and your loved ones a fantastic remainder of the year
With kindest regards from London and with the hopes of welcoming you once again in the near future,

Reviewed September 25, 2012

Whst a wonderful hotel,the staff could not be more accommodating,from reception, concierge,restaurant and bar ,they have a wonderful attitude,not a snob in sight,never intrusive ,this will be my hotel of choice when in town

Room Tip: The junior suites are very good.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Dear Guest thanks ever so much for your kind review and your words will serve as great motivation to us all! I am delighted to learn we will be your Hotel of choice when in London and very much look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
With kindest regards and till soon,

Reviewed September 7, 2012

This is an amazing place, where they always remember my surname whenever I show up, always smile, always give me an upgrade if it's available, etc etc - nice memories, I absolutely love this happy place!!! Pity the spa is not so good - never use it.. The location is my favourite - home, sweet home))

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
Baglionihotel, General Manager at Baglioni Hotel London, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2012

Dear Guest thanks ever so much for your lovely posting! We are delighted to be your home sweet home in London and your comments towards the Staff are ever so encouraging. Sorry you do not feel the SPA is as good as you would like, however can guarantee our treatments are superlative and hopefully you will take my word for it and try one time in one of your visits.... :-) With kindest regards and we look forward to welcoming you back soon,

Reviewed August 28, 2012

Foa a night at the Proms this is ideally located near Kensington High street. We took in the Yoko Ono exhibition at the earby Serpentine art gallery in Hyde Park and visited Kensington Palace. Hyde Park is a cool place to hang out and this hotel is a lavishly appointed Boutique style retreat from the bussle of the west end.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Baglionihotel, General Manager at Baglioni Hotel London, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2012

Dear Guest, thank you very much for your kind comments, it seems indeed you made the most of your short tripo and enjoyed the best we and the neighborhood had to offer.
Very much looking forward to welcoming you back.
Sincerely, Luca Virgilio

Reviewed August 25, 2012

Not sure
Our honeymoon and apparently we were upgraded , to a room with no view and no flat screen tv in the room.
Didn't feel romantic nor spacious
Wish there was dressing gowns
Staff are good and kind although they didn't see us come out of the cab. Could do with a porter at the door

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank blackpig
Baglionihotel, General Manager at Baglioni Hotel London, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2012

Dear Guest thanks for your posting. All of our rooms have flat screen TV so not too sure of your comment with reference to this. I am glad you enjoyed the upgrade, however it seems it did not make your personal occasion a memorable one and for this I am truly sorry. I wonder if maybe we were not the style of Hotel you were looking for.
With kindest regards and sorry for this,

Reviewed August 24, 2012

This hotel was a great place to land after our long flight over from Los Angeles. We stayed here for one night in July on our way through London to Scotland. This hotel was recommended by our travel advisor associated with our credit card. The location is great, the staff are plentiful and very helpful. The location could not have been better--a short walk to Kensington Palace and the Park with many restaurants, pubs and shops very close by. It was the only hotel we stayed in during our month long trip to the UK and Ireland that had the right charges for our various electronics readily available. Coming from a California, the hotel had a very European/Continental feel to it--great sophisticated Italian food served in the restaurant and a decor that with a lush modern Italian feel to it.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Thank you very much for your kind posting and happy you enjoyed your quick stop over on your way to Scotland. I truly hope your vacation was a great one and do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back one of these days.
SIncerely,

Reviewed July 14, 2012

I stayed with my wife as a birthday treat, dinner and a night in a junior suite. I cannot fault the service. Staff are quietly attentive, warm and friendly, this is like coming in to your own house. The location is superb, right in front of Kensington Gardens. I loved the junior suite, but here's where the ragged edges begin to show: for example there was some mould around the shower cubicle, and the door to the wardrobe showed black scuff marks. Small details, maybe, but in a hotel of this price and category, maintenance surely has to be top class. Dinner was good, not superb, my avocado needed another couple of days' ripening and the vegetable tempura was inedible. However the linguine was fabulous and the deep fried lemon sole excellent. All through the evening, again, the service was faultless.
The breakfast buffet next morning was a disappointment. I've had better bacon and eggs at a seaside B&B. Maybe because we came down shortly before the buffet closed, the ingredients were tired out, but even so in a hotel of this class I expected more.
A word of caution: there is a huge building project going on next door (check out google street map), so make sure you ask for a room that does not overlook De Vere Gardens.
In summary I had a great time, and yes I'd go back. The management at Baglioni should be proud of the quality of the people they employ, but I think even in these recessionary times they need to up their game, especially at the premium rates they charge.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms overlooking De Vere Gardens.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank jeremyfd
Baglionihotel, General Manager at Baglioni Hotel London, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2012

Dear Guest I would like to thank you for sharing your open and honest review on your recent stay with us. Indeed there are always margins of improvement and your comments are food for though and motivate us to do better. I am naturally super pleased to read you and your wife enjoyed a great experience and are looking to return. We look forward to seeing you again and in the meantime we wish you and your loved ones a great summer.