“Nice hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #202 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Nice hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

Recently stayed here for two nights. Overall the hotel was very clean, bright and welcoming. Looked as though the hotel had undergone recent refurbishment. The room we had was small as was the bed, but as we just slept there due to being out all day, this was no issue to us. The room was very clean, had tea and coffee making facilities and had a great shower! Staff were really friendly and welcoming. Pimlico tube station is just a few minutes walk away and the street the hotel is located on was very quite. Would stay again but would need to be in a bigger room.

• Stayed October 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (207)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

I was a guest for 2 nights travelling mid-week on business but still paid a hefty £180 / €233 per night (excluding breakfast) which is quite expensive. There are a few Belgrave hotels in the area, make sure to bring the address. My room was on the lower ground floor. Exquisitely furnished with a really comfy bed but very, very small. The bathroom has an amazing dual-shows (normal and the infinity) which I loved. The towels were very small. The problem with the room was that it was located directly under reception so from 4am both mornings I was woken up by people walking around, talking loudly, scraping chairs along the floor etc.
Check-in & queries were handled professionally and with a smile. At £14.95 for the breakfast I decided to pass as there are lots of cafes between the hotel and the short 10 minute walk to Victoria Station.
Check-out was very disappointing. My room had been pre-paid by my company so the gentleman simply took the keycard and said it was sorted. I wasnt thanked for my visit nor was I asked how my stay was. As a business traveller I would not return to the Belgrave as it would seem maintaining customer satisfaction is not something they are particularly interested in.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms on the LG floor if you like sleeping through the night
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank intrepudtraveller
samparsons
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

Such a lovely little gem in a quieter part of London. Pimlico tube station is literally 2 minutes around the corner, or Victoria about 5-10 minutes so very central. I got a great deal on Londontown.com so the price was extremely good, and the hotel looks to be recently refurbished. The staff are very polite and helpful, free wifi and freeview in the rooms as well as coffee/tea facilities...would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: My room overlooked the main street and was extremely quite
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Rochester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

My husband and I stayed for just one night, but it was the most comfortable night ever ! The hotel is spotless and provides everything you need. The staff were friendly and helpful and the hotel is within walking distance of Victoria station. I loved the decor in the reception and bar area, the place has a high quality feel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dartford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

My wife and I stayed here on the 5/10/13. This hotel has been recently refurbished to a very high standard. The reception area and basement dining had a nice feel to them. It had all the feel of a top west end hotel but without the prices. The room we stayed in was very comfortable and nicely presented. All the staff were very helpful. Would high recommend this hotel for a short break in London.

Room Tip: we stayed on the forth floor. the rooms were a little bit bigger.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

After arriving in London and having booked at another hotel,which we didn't stay at after seeing the room. We stumbled on to the Belgrave Hotel. After explaining our situation to the Manager on Duty Phil,he was only to happy to show us the room before we booked. What can I say the staff went out of there way to make sure our stay was a pleasant one. Although as small Hotel by way of the number of rooms it out shone any 5 star international hotel.we have stayed at. The staff in all areas of the hotel from reception,housekeeping to restaurant staff went out of there way to make you feel welcome. The presentation of the room and cleanliness were exceptional. I have no hesitation in recommending this hotel. We definitely look forward to staying here again. Thanks to Phil,Tim and Athena for making our stay so pleasant. We hope the management of the Hotel appreciate the wonderful staff they have.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Monikie, Angus
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

After having a bit of trouble finding the hotel (there is another one on the same road called The Belgrave House Hotel) we were greeted by a really friendly and helpful receptionist. The hotel had been recently refurbished and looked fresh and clean. The décor was interesting, it was like two six year old girls had been given free range with glitter and sparkles. We couldn't decide what market it was trying to appeal to - but it was clean and fresh and that's what really matters! Even the floor was glittery!

The room was really small but I expected this as I'd read earlier reviews and we weren't planning on being in the room much, so it didn't matter. What wasn't great was the fact that there is no storage for clothes, we had to live out of our suitcases for a couple of days - a real shortcoming. The bed was comfy, it was clean and the air con was efficient. No carpet, just cheap looking laminate which meant we could hear everything from the room above - nothing to deaden the sound. There was less sparkle in the room thankfully, although they'd sneaked a bit onto the tea tray of all places. The bathroom was really nice, clean and felt new and up to date. Great shower and only lacked surfaces to put out your toiletries.

I felt it was really expensive for what it was, and we decided not to have breakfast in the hotel but to walk into Pimlico instead - absolutely the right thing to do as we found a couple of nice cafes serving a great breakfast. Similarly, some nice restaurants in Pimlico for dinner.

Overall - nice and clean, friendly and helpful staff and great location but overpriced, no storage and noisy rooms.

Would I go back - if there was no better value alternative, yes I would.

Room Tip: We were opposite the lift which wasn't great. I was woken by people leaving at 5.30am one morn...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family