Stayed for two nights from Friday 13 September 2013 with my mum for some sightseeing, shopping and theatre.
Took at cab from victoria as i didn't want to hit the tube during rush hour. Check-in was quick and easy and the room was clean and quiet. Good selection of treats in the minibar but as you'd expect, rather overpriced. If you do fancy a nibble, tesco express is right next door to the hotel so let your feet do the walkin.
Ordered two of the crown plaza burgers as my mum was too tired to venture out and we were very pleasantly surprised. They were really delicious, meaty, juicy and well worth the cost!
Great sleep and even though the walls seemed quite thin, didn't hear any of our neighbours.
Hotel is just across from blackfriars tube and Westfield mall was very convenient via underground. Had an afternoon cream tea on the Thames before heading over to the theatre district to see Phantom. Tube back to Blackfriars after the show was again easy and convenient.
Breakfast in the hotel was great, super selections and something for everyone. The only negative Is the plates tend to be cold so if you have hot (or 'warm' as it tended to be), food it will cool fast!
I would definately recommend this hotel, it was convenient, clean and ticks all the boxes you'd expect.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Crowne Plaza London - The City Hotel provides perfect accommodation in central London near local attractions such as The London Eye, St Paul's Cathedral and Buckingham Palace. This luxury hotel also offers meeting rooms, gym, spa facilities and a Michelin star restaurant. The Crowne Plaza London - The City Hotel is a modern central London hotel, located in the heart of the city. This deluxe London hotel is just a stone's throw away from Blackfriars mainline train station, with a direct connection to the Eurostar terminal at St. Pancras International. For tubes, the Crowne Plaza hotel is equally well located: just a short walk to Temple & Mansion House on the District & Circle Line, or St Paul's on the Central Line. Whether you're in London for business or sightseeing, this London City Centre hotel is ideally located, minutes away from some of London's most famous attractions: The London Eye, St Paul's Cathedral, Millennium Bridge, Tate Modern & West End theatres. Crowne Plaza Club rooms, King Studios and Suites are available at your request. And all rooms are air-conditioned and have High Speed Internet Access. There's also a Fitness Club with sauna in the hotel should you wish to work out and wind down. While you're here, don't forget to eat at our Rosette awarded restaurants; Diciannove offers authentic Italian food including a variety of freshly made pasta, whilst and at Chinese Cricket Club you can enjoy fresh dim sum and Sichuan specialities. The easiest and most exciting way to do some sightseeing in London city centre is to take a trip on the London Eye. On a clear day, you can see as far as the Queen's other residence, Windsor Castle! The Crowne Plaza London City Hotel is only minutes away from the London Eye. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Hotel.de so you can book your Crowne Plaza London - The City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza London - The City Hotel London
- Crowne Plaza The City
- Crowne Plaza London City
- Crowne Plaza London - The City England