“2nd visit, still love this place!”

Crowne Plaza London - The City
Ranked #180 of 1,067 Hotels in London
London, United Kingdom
“2nd visit, still love this place!”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This was our second visit. We stayed here overnight whilst visiting the Opera. Wonderful hotel. Staff are pleasant and friendly and the concierge chap very helpful. The suite room we was in was very good. I have come to expect he high standards at this hotel We will be back i'm sure.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Marli S, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza London - The City, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Dear dansa3151,
I was so glad to read that you, once again, enjoyed your stay with us at Crowne Plaza London - The City. I was delighted that you enjoyed the room you stayed in and the brilliant service my team provided you with .
I look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.
Kind regards,
Senior Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (408)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Beijing, China
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Stayed there for a couple of days in Aug 2013. The staff is lovely and multilingual. The location is very close to St Paul's Cathedral and other city sightseeings, like Millenium Bridge. The staff helped us to buy tickets for Big Bus tours. The rooms are a bit small, but very clean and tidy. Received complimentary chocolate and water as an IHG rewards member. Fully satisfied.

P.S. The breakfast is lovely

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Elmar S,
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your feedback following your recent stay at Crowne Plaza London - The City. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and the facilities in the hotel. I have passed on your kind words to my great team. Please do come and stay with us again in the near future where I am sure we will once again meet your expectations.
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 1, 2013

We planned a short break in London to celebrate a birthday. The hotel is situated within a stones throw of Blackfriars tube station and well within walking distance of Covent Garden and Leicester square. Hotel reception was very sophisticated, well decorated and spacious exactly what you would expect with a four star establishment. Our room was immaculate the only reservation I have was when I moved the sofa in the room (slightly) and found dirt underneath. The bed was comfortable and the air conditioning was just right on the lowest setting. Checking in was a breeze, we even arrived early and we were able to leave our bags with the concierge with no issues staff were very helpful and eloquent. Our friend had arranged for a bottle of wine to be placed in our room (with a birthday message) which was chilled on ice for us when we arrived. A little later a member of staff brought a chocolate cake with happy birthday written in icing on the plate, this was not expected and shows how the staff had gone the extra mile. Mini bar prices are high but in line with other hotels of similar stature. The time frame for breakfast was generous (7 till11) and selection was very good, we arrived at around 9 and it was quite busy, staff were quite keen to clear tables including ours while we were up getting our breakfast, staff quickly set out our table again, no big deal. After we checked out we were able to leave our bags while we explored the sites. Overall I would recommend this hotel and I will definitely return.

Room Tip: We booked through laterooms.com to get a good deal
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Marli S, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza London - The City, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Dear Neil B,
Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments following your recent stay at Crowne Plaza London - The City. I was absolutely delighted that you felt that the hotel was one of the best you had stayed in. I have passed on your words to my fantastic team and I do hope we get the chance to meet your expectations once again in the near future.
spalding, UK
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Stayed here this weekend for my father in laws 80th birthday., Phoned before hand to see if we could request a room with a view for my father in law (we as a party had two rooms), lady on phone was very polite but said that in our category of room view was not available and that I would need to upgrade, disappointing but understandable.

When we arrived we had to go back to reception three times as we were given wrong room keys, on the second occasion the keys worked but it was my in laws room and my mother in law was in the shower! They saw funny side but would not have been had it been someone we did not know!

The room was very clean and hotel itself if lovely, very modern and clean. All staff we encountered were very friendly and polite but the main attraction of the hotel is its location, just off the river and minutes away from St Pauls and Tate Modern added bonus is the city it quiet at weekends.

We would definitely return, very pleasant experience especially given that it was our 2 and 5 year olds sons first trip to a hotel, we usually self cater on trips and was expecting a lot less pleasurable experience!

Room Tip: Need to upgrade to club room to get view of St Pauls, all rooms are quiet at weekend as hotel is in...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear mini-chippers,
Thank you very much for your message on Trip Advisor.
I am happy to learn that overall your stay with us was enjoyable, my apologies for the issues experienced. I have addressed the matter with the relevant departments for immediate corrective action.
I am sorry to miss you visit, but I hope to welcome you back in person in the near future.
Kind Regards,
Reviewed August 31, 2013

Stayed at the Crowne Plaza over a Bank Holiday weekend for Mum's 70th Birthday in a party of 9.

The hotel is a modern city centre type hotel, very comfortable and convenient.

Got a really great rate online and overall had a fantastic stay, couple of issues (wrong rate at check in and smoking room first time) but both were corrected immediately with zero fuss.

The rooms were really comfortable and good quality, great to see lots of free coffee, tea etc. Location is excellent, just over the road is the tube and easy walk to Southbank (Tate, Globe etc), St Paul's and Westminster (about 1.5 mile).

The staff were also excellent, as it was Mum's birthday, they upgraded her, brought her cake to the room signed by the staff and generally were super attentive (even sorted a table for 9 at breakfast each day). Special mention goes to the concierge team, who were first rate and one of the best I've encountered.

With business I stay in hotels about 3 times a week and have high standards, even higher on this occasion having just returned from 2 weeks in the States staying at high quality hotels. The Crowne Plaza didn't disappoint and helped make the weekend very special. For the very low rate we secured (booking direct) it was simply superb.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Mark H,
Many thanks for taking the time to leave your kind words following your recent stay at crowne Plaza London - The City. I was so pleased to read that we met your expectations in terms of the facilities we provide and most importantly the service. I have passed on your words to my team. Please do come and visit us once again soon.
My best regards,
Quorn, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 30, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for one night in July. This hotel is conveniently located opposite Blackfriars tube station. The inside is spacious, clean and fresh looking. Theres a Tesco Express a few steps away.
On check out we got told that we had breakfast when we didnt and a few days later received an invoice in the post - but thats all sorted now.
Number one choice! Brill hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Raks 21,
Many thanks for taking the time to leave your kind words following your return stay at Crowne Plaza London - The City. I was delighted that we met your expectations and that you enjoyed your stay. Please do come and visit us again soon.
Stock, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Stayed here as I needed an overnight stop in Blackfriars. I must confess that for the £274 I paid for a "deluxe" room I was expecting rather more! My original room has a queen size bed (5 ft) despite being sold as a room with "large double" - foolishly I assumed that to be a king size bed but was advised by the staff that all standard rooms have 4ft 6 inch beds (which I find astonishing in a so called 4 star hotel), deluxe rooms have queen beds and only their suites have king sized beds. Anyway - with no suites available I switched to a twin room which had two 4ft 6inch beds. This room was slightly larger than my original, but both rooms were tired with badly scraped leather furniture, chipped paint and dated furniture. The bathroom was OK - but again despite the "deluxe" level only had a shower over the bath rather than a separate walk-in shower. Room service was prompt, but food was distinctly lack lustre for the price. If staying in this area again I'd rather pay the £169 the Premier Inn over the road charges for their rooms!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear quin-i-bog,
Many thanks for your comments following your recent stay with us. At Crowne Plaza London - The City we pride ourselves on caring for all of our guests so I was disappointed to read that we did not meet your expectations, in particular our product.
Please do feel free to contact me personally at any time should you wish to discuss your stay with me in more detail.
Kind Regards,