“fantastic hotel”

Crowne Plaza London The City
Ranked #170 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Stayed there more than 1 year ago, but feel like returning again someday. The reception people were very kind and helpful, and the room was very spacious, modern and clean. One of the best hotel I've been stayed in, and it's not far from the tourist attractions.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank bethleemstar
ExecOffices, Manager at Crowne Plaza London The City, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2013

Dear bethleemstar,
Thank you for your kind comments regarding your stay at Crowne Plaza London - The City. I am very delighted to hear that you found the team here kind and helpful during your stay.
I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights over the weekend. From beginning to end the experience was most enjoyable. A family weekend which I wanted to go well and the Crowne Plaza did not disappoint. I spoke in advance with the hotel to request quiet rooms which they sorted out no problems. And everything else went without a hitch - which led to a relaxing and enjoyable break. Very much a home from home. Some brief thoughts from my stay:

Excellent rooms - clean, well appointed with powerful showers & comfy bed. Very quiet room facing the inner courtyard, with some decent natural light. Overall a little warm but after reading the reviews beforehand, I was well prepared and a blast of the air conditioning beforehand helped no problems.

Breakfast for us was in the executive lounge - plentiful, tasty, top quality. Drinks hot and tasty. A nice place to relax, with some nice views to watch London and Blackfriars.

Staff - excellent and helpful. We managed to make a bit of a mess up with the cards, which they helped me out with minimal fuss. Polite, professional and all with a smile.

Facilities - we used the gym and it was well appointed. As much as you should expect from a high quality hotel.

Location - well you know that before you go there and it didn't disappoint! - excellent tube links and central for many of London's attractions.

For our next trip to London then I'll definitely check out this hotel first.

Room Tip: Contact the hotel in advance for any requirements - e.g. a quiet room. Based on my experience I'...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank mister.c.

Dear mister.c.,
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback from your recent stay at the hotel. It is great to see you and your family enjoyed your time with us and managed to enjoy most of the facilities. I am so delighted that you found our team to be excellent and helpful and I will be sure to pass your comments to them all.
I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

Stayed in the executive room for hubby's birthday treat as had booked a restaurant on temple pier - from booking i had excellent customer service answering any questions and arranging complimentary cake in our room! Club lounge was a nice free perk - wine and candles before heading out and lovely breakfast free in the morning - scrambled eggs were divine! Bacon and continental filled the spot!
Volitaire bar was also lovely and we had a vault to ourselves whilst hubby enjoyed a cigar i enjoyed the bubbles!!!

Very nice hotel - a touch of class

• Stayed: March 2013

Dear hgriff80,
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at Crowne Plaza London - The City. I am so pleased you enjoyed your husband's birthday at the hotel and experienced the Club Lounge. I'm glad you enjoyed bubbles Voltaire, our new Champagne and Cigar bar.
I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

Reviewed March 9, 2013

My boyfriend and I reccently went on a package deal with Newmarket Holidays to see The Book of Mormon and one night stay in a hotel. The whole experience was fantastic. We live just on the outskirts of London but it felt like we were miles away from home. The hotel was very clean and the rooms were a very nice size (standard room). We were able to take a short walk along the thames to Embankment to grab the tube to the theatre. The show was hilarious and great fun. We then returned to the hotel and grabbed a drink in the downstairs bar. The bar was very nice and comfortable and the drink prices were what we expected for central London. Overall we had an amazing time and booking with Newmarket Holidays could not have been easier.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Olivia S

Dear Olivia S,
Thank you for your lovely feedback. I am delighted that you and your boyfriend enjoyed your stay and that you found the whole experience fantastic.
I do hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

Chose to stay here as it is close to St Paul's where we were attending a concert.
I checkin in after work at about 5.30pm and needed to be quick as I was off out for a pre concert dinner. Checkin swift and efficient. Room was pleasant and although looking towards Blackfriars station and bridge it was pretty quiet. Not a vast room but ample for our over night needs. Well appointed. Decent hairdryer in a draw, phew. The bed was actually very comfy which made a nice change. Bathroom was modern and understated. Good shower pressure. We took breakfast in our room. As expected, vastly over priced, but then it always is. Our fault for having to dash off back to work in the morning rather than building in a leisurely morning. There is a "Paul" at St Pauls if you are going that way. Grab a danish and coffee there instead if you have time. Sadly as this was a crash pad for us I didn't get a chance to take a look any further but it seems a good hotel on such brief acquaintance. I'd stay again if I needed a place to stop in that part of town again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear purplelally,
I am pleased you enjoyed your recent, and brief, stay at Crowne Plaza London - The City. I am delighted that you found the bed very comfortable and hopefully next time you will be able to visit our new Champagne and Cigar bar, Voltaire.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

We stayed here for the first time in Nov 2012 and we really enjoyed our stay so decided to stay here again for a brief stop in London
Hotel room was great, with a side view window looking towards chuch, on The Strand, I think.
Beds very comfortable and spacious room which was well equiped and also provided complimentary drinks and internet access.
Downstairs bar has a good atmosphere - we stopped by for a night cap on our return from watching a show.
10 minute walk from Covent Garden either along The Embankment (river) to Somerset House or from the hotel up New Bridge Road and onto the Strand. If you don't feel like walking Blackfriars tube station is just across the road. Blackfriars also has trains direct to Gatwick airport if you're arriving by plane. Trains take approx 40 mins and so much cheaper that Gatwick Express

Room Tip: Go for a deluxe room. We had room 522
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Pambolina
ExecOffices, Manager at Crowne Plaza London The City, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2013

Dear Pambolina,
It is great to see that you returned to the hotel and enjoyed your stay with us again. I am also delighted that you experienced our new destination bar, Voltaire. Thank you for taking the time to comment on Crowne Plaza London - The City.
We look forward to welcoming you back for a third time soon.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

Good location and reasonable room standard, let down by poor service at reception, unable to provide a simple receipt after three requests 2 while checking out and again after staying here and reconciling expenses

Excellent bar with good atmosphere

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Dear Robert33150,
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay, we will be following up with the matter as a priority. I am pleased that you enjoyed our new destination bar, Voltaire.
I hope we can welcome you back in the near future.