I regret not to be able to write a very positive review, because I had to solve many problems during my stay in this hotel.
Positive points : Comfortable room, well equipped
Situation, near public transportation
Concierge very helpful and efficient
Negative ones : Internet did not work during four days in the Club Lounge
Never received a newspaper, although I drew the attention of the staff
Room serviced very late, at about 2.30 pm during the week-end
Corner room, but too dark.
Staff (Reservation, front-Office and Guest Relations' Departments) although pleasant and kind need a good training : I needed 9 pages of exchanged e-mails to clarify my reservation and on the spot, could not solve the problem despite many discussions and proofs of the situation; the issue was solved to my entire satisfaction after my departure.
All in all, my stay could have been much better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Crowne Plaza London - The City Hotel provides perfect accommodation in central London near local attractions such as The London Eye, St Paul's Cathedral and Buckingham Palace. This luxury hotel also offers meeting rooms, gym, spa facilities and a Michelin star restaurant. The Crowne Plaza London - The City Hotel is a modern central London hotel, located in the heart of the city. This deluxe London hotel is just a stone's throw away from Blackfriars mainline train station, with a direct connection to the Eurostar terminal at St. Pancras International. For tubes, the Crowne Plaza hotel is equally well located: just a short walk to Temple & Mansion House on the District & Circle Line, or St Paul's on the Central Line. Whether you're in London for business or sightseeing, this London City Centre hotel is ideally located, minutes away from some of London's most famous attractions: The London Eye, St Paul's Cathedral, Millennium Bridge, Tate Modern & West End theatres. Crowne Plaza Club rooms, King Studios and Suites are available at your request. And all rooms are air-conditioned and have High Speed Internet Access. There's also a Fitness Club with sauna in the hotel should you wish to work out and wind down. While you're here, don't forget to eat at our Rosette awarded restaurants; Diciannove offers authentic Italian food including a variety of freshly made pasta, whilst and at Chinese Cricket Club you can enjoy fresh dim sum and Sichuan specialities. The easiest and most exciting way to do some sightseeing in London city centre is to take a trip on the London Eye. On a clear day, you can see as far as the Queen's other residence, Windsor Castle! The Crowne Plaza London City Hotel is only minutes away from the London Eye. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Crowne Plaza London - The City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza London - The City Hotel London
- Crowne Plaza The City
- Crowne Plaza London City
- Crowne Plaza London - The City England