“Affordable simple accommodation”

Imperial College Accommodation Prince's Gardens
Ranked #27 of 837 Specialty Lodging in London
“Affordable simple accommodation”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2014

Looking for an affordable accommodation, but near Hyde Park, this is what you are looking for.
The rooms are actually dorm rooms, but very tidy.
Don't expect too much, but if you are out most of the time, you don't need much.
The location is perfect. Near the subway and walking distance from Hyde Park. You can even walk to Harrods in case you need something:)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Paul N

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Tyne & Wear
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014

Stayed here in July with my wife
We chose the accommodation for its location, a 10 min walk to Hyde Park where we were going the next day to see the Rolling Stones.
We checked in without any problems.
We were giving a map of the complex with the location of our room.
Outer doors were a swipe card security card system
Breakfast was served at a separate canteen on the other side of the complex, a five minute walk which we did not mind.
We had a full English which was satisfactory
We then walked back to our room
We were away no more than 45 mins
The cleaner was in a room opposite to ours, on entering our room we noticed the bed had been made
I had left my wallet on dressing table, I had counted the money in it before we went to breakfast their being only £15.00 in it I left it where it was as the room seemed very secure.
We were on an upper floor with no access to window as it had a security grill,
Room door was a very heavy fire door with good swipe card security locks which made us feel secure
I was very surprised to find my walled missing and reported it to a member of staff who I saw coming out of the lift,
She happened to be part of the management team and send for security immediately.
They said they would see the cleaner and it would be dealt with immediately and there was no need for the police as they had their own security protocol
They asked us to leave it with them, which we did as we had to be at Hyde Park for the Stones concert within the hour.
Next day was checkout 10 am
No one had any information for the whereabouts of my wallet and said with it being the weekend nothing could be done until Monday
I left for my flight with the feeling that I had just been fobbed off
And I had.
nothing was ever done
no feedback was ever giving to me and I never got my wallet back.
They new and I new the Cleaner had stolen it and they did nothing
I wish I had rang the Police and I'm sure there would have been a different outcome.
In summing up if my wallet had not been stolen my stay their may have being an enjoyable one.
IF YOU DO CHOOSE TO STAY HERE LEAVE NOTHING AND I MEAN NOTHING IN YOUR ROOM THAT YOU ARE NOT PREPARED TO LOSE.

• Stayed November 2013
6 Thank Kazza41
Bratislava
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2013

-excellent location, resonable prices, full english breakfast incl.,fast check in / check out,clean rooms, sleep quality 3*.......................better and nicer than some other 3* hotels in London.....

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank michalz
Leeds
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

Imperial College is based near to an underground and close to the Museums. It was quick and easy to find your way around with the maps on the street corners.
Breakfast was great in the common room and again easy to find and clear instructions.
The students were just starting after the summer break and even though they were drinking in the bar it was not too noisy in the rooms.
Rooms were functional and clean and tidy.
Check in staff were all helpful and friendly and happy to help.
I would definately do this again as it was in a great location at a great price.
Definately recommend

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jules71Leeds
Lethbridge, Alberta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

We were looking for a cheap place to stay and my wife had stayed here before.
Typical college bedroom, nothing fancy. The shower was quite small, but otherwise it was good.
The breakfast was average, but at least it was included. The location was quite handy though and the area is surrounded by foreign embassies.
No free wifi is available, but for a small fee you can get it.
Don't be fooled, this is not a hotel. It's college residences that are used for cheap accomodation, but you can't beat the price for a room you only sleep and shower in.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ElementTent
Gresham, Oregon, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

Our American Express travel agent put us on to this alternate use of UK college dorms for summer travelers. What a score! For the cost of a Super 8 in the US, we stayed in one of London's swankiest neighborhoods--with an included daily breakfast. The dorm rooms are comfortable, and surprising spacious

Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Gresham685
Silver Spring, Maryland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

To make sure it was a hotel and not a dorm, my husband called ahead of time and he was assured it was a hotel. It wasn't at all. We were given a room in the basement, no windows, extremely small with a barricade separating our beds. Since I was jet-lagged, I slept to noon the day after our arrival, so we had no housekeeping. When this happened the second day, we inquired and were told the housekeeping staff only works to 12. On the third day, we were in our room and the housekeeping staff came for just three minutes. Only straightened out our sheets and did not even empty the wastebaskets. It was not convenient to get anyplace from our room. My husband could not carry our bags to the room as he has a heart condition and there were no bellboys. This is NOT a hotel and should not have been billed that way. And it was expensive. We paid more for it than the four-star hotel we stayed in in Cardiff. Two positive things: the girls at the front desk were very helpful (especially Elizabeth) and all of them helped us, out of the goodness of their hearts, to our rooms. Also, South Kensington is a very nice area of London.

Room Tip: Good for hostelers (except the price) and students. Do not stay if you are a couple or are used to...