When visiting London, I like the Premier inn hotels if I can get a good deal. For some reason the hotel in Beckton is among those with the best rates. I like the location next to the DLR station. Also there are buses which I used for traveling to Barking, where there are some nice pubs. I don't mind the distance to central London, its just fine, waking up on the train ride and fully awake to go when arriving at Tower Gateway. I like it that rooms here are normal sized, compared to much budget hotels in central London where everything is so cramped. I am happy to take extra travel time for a good sized room for a reasonable price.
Only negative this time, my room was not ready at 14:15 when I checked in. while they advertise that you can check in from 14:00 hours. They told me the room should not be ready for another hour. They offered to hold some of my baggage. While there is nothing wrong with this, I would have been more happy if my room had been ready. I did online check in and had specified that I should be arriving between 14:00 and 15:00, so they could have known my arrival time. If I had knew this before, I could have arrived earlier to just drop of my baggage, or I should have arrived at a later time to have immediate access to a room.
This time I didn't use the breakfast buffet. Its a good deal if you are whith kids, who can eat free at the buffet when their parents pay for themselves. For me alone, I can eat for about half of the price my breakfast at a pub like weatherspoon. And I'm talking about a full english breakfast, which is more then enough for me.
When I visit London next time, I'd like to stay at this hotel again, or another Premier Inn hotel which is in a good location for public transport.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Great location for visitors to London, close to the O2 Arena, Excel Centre & next to DLR Beckton with frequent trains to Central London (30-40mins). Free parking and free Wi-Fi in our Brewers Fayre pub restaurant serving great value pub favorites including our new ‘All you can Eat’ self service £7.99 Premier Breakfast plus our £5.99 Buffet Place Theme nights: Chinese Night (Monday), Curry Night (Tuesday & Thursday), Mexican Night (Wednesday), Chip Shop night (Friday) and Carvery 3 course for £11 (Sunday). We hope to see you soon – Jamie Southgate (General Manager). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com and Premier Inn so you can book your Premier Inn London Beckton Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn London Beckton Hotel London
- Premier Inn London Beckton Hotel England