“Fine stay”

Ranked #352 of 1,090 Hotels in London
Helmond, The Netherlands
“Fine stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2014

When visiting London, I like the Premier inn hotels if I can get a good deal. For some reason the hotel in Beckton is among those with the best rates. I like the location next to the DLR station. Also there are buses which I used for traveling to Barking, where there are some nice pubs. I don't mind the distance to central London, its just fine, waking up on the train ride and fully awake to go when arriving at Tower Gateway. I like it that rooms here are normal sized, compared to much budget hotels in central London where everything is so cramped. I am happy to take extra travel time for a good sized room for a reasonable price.

Only negative this time, my room was not ready at 14:15 when I checked in. while they advertise that you can check in from 14:00 hours. They told me the room should not be ready for another hour. They offered to hold some of my baggage. While there is nothing wrong with this, I would have been more happy if my room had been ready. I did online check in and had specified that I should be arriving between 14:00 and 15:00, so they could have known my arrival time. If I had knew this before, I could have arrived earlier to just drop of my baggage, or I should have arrived at a later time to have immediate access to a room.

This time I didn't use the breakfast buffet. Its a good deal if you are whith kids, who can eat free at the buffet when their parents pay for themselves. For me alone, I can eat for about half of the price my breakfast at a pub like weatherspoon. And I'm talking about a full english breakfast, which is more then enough for me.

When I visit London next time, I'd like to stay at this hotel again, or another Premier Inn hotel which is in a good location for public transport.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
Nottinghamshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2014

Booked this for 3 nights with our 11 year old nephew. Was a lovely hotel close enough to london to enjoy the sights using the Docklands Light Railway; the station was just next door (Took about 20 mins to get to Gateway)
It was in a lovely location where you could have a walk in the parks after spending the days in the hustle and bustle of London.
There is a Brewers Fayre adjoining the holtel which served lovely food at affordable prices, Rooms were spacious, clean and comfortable, as you would expect from a Premier Inn. There was an Asda acroos the road and a retail park close by.
Staff were friendly and approachable and nothing was too much trouble. Would definitely recommend it have already booed our next stay.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here on May the 19th whilst watching RAW at the O2, easy to locate, clean tidy rooms, lovely staff and a good breakfast. The pub next door is nice too, a Asda located straight across the road, nice quiet location. Would stay again when next in London and recommend.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Maidstone, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2014

Stayed here in May 2014 came back to hotel after night in London thugs roaming around car park banging and kicking cars staff not taking any notice next morning we have £450. Worth of damage to our car which premier inn do not give a damn about.all they spout about is report to police ,we are not liable ,so claim off your own insurance .thanks premier inn .

Room Tip: Do not leave your car there.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn London Beckton Hotel, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Thank you for your review. Please be assured we take the security of our guests very seriously, unfortunately car crime is a national menace. While we have safeguards in place we are unable to completely irradiate this issue, however please be assured we are working closely with the local police to provide the best security for our guests vehicles. Thank you for taking the time to leave your review.
Dublin, Ireland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2014

This really isn't up to normal Premier Inn standards.

Pros:
Its cheap
Rooms are clean and comfortable
Staff make a big effort
Very close to Beckton DLR tube stop (~40 min to city centre)
Big ASDA across the road.

Cons:
The area is REALLY dodgy
Bar/Restaurant is frequented by locals (see previous point)
The building is old and shabby
The bar and restaurant area is practically falling down
The evening food is quite poor.
Seems to be lots of long-term "residents" rather than guests.

Room Tip: If using this hotel to visit London city, go somewhere else.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion our hotel fell far short of your expectations. Your feedback is very much appreciated as it enables us to improve standards. Please be assured that the issues raised will be fully investigated. Thank you once again for your review.
Balatonfured, Hungary
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2014

We have spent 4 nights at this hotel and we were absolutely satisfied. Very good and clean family rooms, more than enough breakfast and proper transport connections! High value for money ratio! Thank you Premier Inn!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Blackburn, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2014

Absolutely brilliant friendly helpful staff. Breakfast reasonable priced as it included free children breakfast. Beds very clean and comfortable. Plenty of car park spaces. Very important. Train dlr just across from the hotel. Perfect stay.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near London
Premier Inn London Docklands (Excel) Hotel
Prince Regent Hotel Excel London
Hotel ibis budget London City Airport
Holiday Inn Express London - ExCeL

Been to Premier Inn London Beckton Hotel? Share your experiences!