“You get what you pay for, cruise ship room bigger”

Paddington Court Rooms
Ranked #831 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed April 16, 2014

Stayed at the BW Shaftsbury Hotel for 6 nights in March 2014

This was my first time to London on my own (non-pkg tour) and it was eyeopening what you get for your accommodation $. I wanted a place that was central to the subway, had free wifi and free breakfest. BW Paddington gave me all three but the size of the room was small. We had room 15 and I had to jump over both beds to make it to my side of the room. We booked for 2 singles but the room was so small they had the beds pushed together to make a double. I had a lovely view of the alley and the window seemed kind of flimsy. The bathroom was new but very small, I had to turn my body sideways to get into the shower and it was about half a foot off the ground, so you had to be careful coming in or out.

The staff were nice, especially the breakfest manager who ensured people were seated promptly.

When I mentioned the size of the room upon checkout, the front desk said I should have booked a "club room". All the pictures online make the room look big. Just remember hotels in the paddington area are all old georgian townhouses so they are a mish-mash of rooms put together.

Room Tip: ask to see the size of a club room. internet pictures are very deceiving. Website does not explain...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Diane M
There are newer reviews for Paddington Court Rooms

Reviewed December 13, 2013

Firstly I booked this hotel using a popular hotel booking website.

This website gave an address...which turned out to just be a door which was key card only access. I stood there for a good 10 minutes waiting, and trying to call the number but to no avail. Luckily after 10 minutes a member of staff came out and told em the front desk was at a different address - over the road.

It turns out this hotel is run by Best Western....a simple sign on the door would have been nice! I was about 30 seconds away from leaving and finding another hotel.

When I finally did check in I was taken over the road and then informed the lift was not working. Great.....5 floors with luggage. This should have been noted at time of check in - I needed to return to my room often throughout my stay and five floors of walking up and down soon takes it out on you!

The rooms were a bit dated but were comfortable.

Could do much better.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Tonyc32
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Have stayed in this hotel a number of times. It has always been clean and tidy, staff friendly and helpful. Rooms are variable the better ones are across the road. The only complaint is that breakfast doesn't start until 7.00 which is late for a business hotel. Good location near to Paddington Station.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 31, 2013

I stayed at this hotel (room 624 I think) from 2 to 7 September. Thing is, I booked to stay at the Best Western Shaftesbury Paddington, across the road is Paddington Court Rooms, which the reception explained to me is part of their hotel. I was shown to one of the smallest single rooms I have seen. I managed to stay there for five nights (total cost of room only via a travel site booking: £393). Bathroom small with a shower stall and I did not like the traces of mold at the edges. Hotels need to make greater effort regarding removal of mold from bathrooms; quite unsightly, particularly if you are squeamish about such things (as I am). Breakfast was across the road at the main premises. Four varieties of meat at breakfast, all pork (ham, bacon, pork sausages, etc). I asked why they didn't cater to non-pork eaters of which there are millions in the world (Muslims, Jews, etc), they didn't have an answer, basically a take-it-or-leave-it attitude. So I only had breakfast the once.

Room Tip: Do not stay in a single room (if you can afford not to), little bigger than a walk in wardrobe.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 27, 2013

We stayed at Paddington Court overnight between connecting flights on a trip back from Italy to the US.. What we saved in airfare was several times the cost of the room. It was clean, well kept, we had no problems with staff or anything else. Spent some time at the hotel bar across the street in the main hotel, was nicely appointed. Only thing to complain about was that there is no elevator. Our room was below grade, so we had to walk doen a very short, but winding, flight of stairs.

Had a nice time walking the area, including Hyde Park which is a couple of blocks away.

The hotel is walking distance (10 minutes) from Paddington Station, so its pretty convenient to take the Heathrow Express from the airport to Paddington Station, then walk to the Hotel, even with roll-a-boards.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 6, 2013

I stayed here for two nights with my wife.

Good points: the room was very clean and we were located very close to the tube in paddington.

Bad points: when we checked in, the clerk did not appear to have great English and did not understand all my questions. Our room was so small there was actually no room to even put our luggage. The bed pretty much filled the room. The bathroom was even more uncomfortable. Barely enough room to sit down! The towel rack came off the wall in my hand when I grabbed the towel. We had a problem with the shower and rang reception for assistance. They said they would send someone and no one ever came. The safe came with no instructions with how to use it. When we rang for someone to help he was rude to my wife in how he spoke to her. Rubbish was not collected during the room service. I would not be rushing back here again soon

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Very central hotel as just streets from Hyde Park. It is run by Best Western so a good standard. We booked as they had air con and had spent last summer sweltering in non air con hotel. Heat wave when there, so we were pleased we made that decision. Helpful staff and although we faced the street it had double glazing so it was quiet. Smallish rooms but that is standard if you are on a budget. Would go back again.

Room Tip: No lift, BUT you can use there other hotel next door to go between hotels and use their lift.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family