The location of the hotel, while quite far from the city center, was readily accessible through the Docklands Light Railway, which connects to the London Overground through Tower Hill. If you just have a manageable amount of luggage, taking the Overground and DLR is the most cost efficient way of getting to the hotel from the airports. Otherwise, be prepared to pay an arm and a leg for airport transfers. As the hotel is near the River Thames and London City Airport and is in a quite open area, it was also quite windy, which brought down the temperature substantially. Plan to pack warm wear if you're going during the colder months of the year.
For our trip, we booked our inbound and outbound airport transfers through the hotel and I gave a very detailed account of the number of people and amount of luggage that we were bringing along, for which they quoted me an amount each way that we would pay directly to the driver. The inbound transfer had a vehicle a tad too small and we really had to squeeze in all the luggage, plus our son had to have a bag on his lap the whole way from Heathrow. For the outbound transfer, they sent a driver with a bigger vehicle, so it was more comfortable, but we were charged quite a bit more than what the hotel said it would be. Plus the driver initially thought that we were departing through Heathrow again, but I specifically mentioned that we were flying out of Gatwick, which was farther away. I can imagine if the adjustment was just for the bigger vehicle, but the hotel should have gotten all the details right in the first place to give me a better idea of what we would be spending on the transfers.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A contemporary waterfront hotel located 150 metres from the ExCeL London & ICC (Exhibition Centre)and near the O2 Arena, Canary Wharf, Stratford, London City Airport (LCY) and historic Greenwich. The hotel is ideally located in the capital’s dynamic eastside and close to Westfield Stratford City shopping centre, which is only 10 minutes away. Novotel London ExCeL is a 5 minute walk from Custom House D.L.R. station. All Novation rooms have en-suite bathrooms with a bath and separate shower unit, as well as pivoting desk for working or dining, high speed internet, Wi-Fi access and satellite TV. The Upper Deck Restaurant offers panoramic views in a relaxed environment overlooking Royal Victoria Dock. Open from 6am to 10.00pm the Upper Deck also offers 24-hour room service. Paid car parking available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, ACCOR, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Priceline, Hotel.de, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Novotel London ExCeL reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel London Excel Hotel London
- Accor London Excel
- London Novotel
- Novotel London ExCeL England