“Would stay again!”
Review of Cherry Court Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Cherry Court Hotel
Ranked #483 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed December 10, 2013

I stayed here mid-October 2013. I had been staying at a hostel that turned out to be much more noisy than I anticipated. After a sleepless night and an all-day tour, I was exhausted. I happened to find this hotel online; they had an available room at a great price.
I'm very grateful to the wonderful lady at the front office; when I came in, she could tell I was dead on my feet. She just gave me the key and told me we could take care of the details later.
The rooms are very small, but it might as well have been a palace to me! Everything was clean and in working order. There's even a basket in each room with some fruit and snacks in it, perfect for a small breakfast and some treats as you travel.
With Victoria station and a pub just down the street, the location is great. The staff is awesome, rooms are cheap by London standards and as a solo female traveler I felt safe here. I will certainly stay here again when I come back!

Room Tip: The stairs can be tricky with heavy luggage, but they will help you if you need it!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank BlueGhostFires
There are newer reviews for Cherry Court Hotel

Reviewed November 28, 2013

The hotel is about 3 min walk from one of the major subway/train/bus station of London (Victoria) and it is in a nice calm street. The rooms are small, but very cosy and clean. Everyone on the hotel were helpfull and friendly and every day we get a basket with fresh fruit, some cookies and juice. I honestly believe that it is impossible to find a better hotel for the price.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank FabioCosta85
Reviewed November 18, 2013

We stayed here for two nights before leaving on a cruise from Southhampton. Upon arrival(we were very early) we explained to the very wonderful and accommodating owners that we had travelled all night and wondered if they could have the room ready early, and they agreed for noon. It is very close to Victoria Station and most major attractions. The room was clean, updated and comfortable with a little organization of our luggage. Our only complaint was that our room was very hot (for us), so we opened the window for fresh air. The street was very quiet at night and we felt extremely secure with it open. We would book again in a heartbeat!

Tip for cruisers: If cruising out of Southhampton, coach (bus) station - National Express is a 5 minute walk tops, and is an excellent price & good service. Mrs. Patel is great at giving directions to go here!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lisa T
Reviewed November 12, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here after a couple of nights in a hostel near St. Paul's. We were relieved to have our own bathroom and private room for only 15 more pounds a night! It was a great price and location. The breakfast baskets were wonderful to have as well for snacking in the morning and afternoons while traveling around London. We were on the highest floor, so we did have some wifi connection issues, and my bf is 6ft tall so the room was extremely small for him. Other than that, we have no complaints! Check out and in were very smooth, and the street is safe and quiet near other nice hotels and the convenient Victoria Station. This place is probably best for shorter people who want to be in a nice area with lots of transport options.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank n31785
Reviewed November 12, 2013

The room we stay in was rather small, the bed just had enough space for 2 adults to lie flat (no excess space for rolling around)

My girlfriend and I had to constantly contort ourselves to ensure we didn't clash heads with each other.

There was free Wifi, which helped to "ease the pain" of living in a small room.

Other than the small spaces, this hotel was rather cosy, and we felt quite secure staying there.

Location-wise, the hotel was within a 5 min walk to the Victoria station. Very handy if you need to catch the Gatwick express to the airport.

Overall, a very good hotel, at a very affordable price by Lonon standards.

• Stayed: November 2013
2  Thank Gerald C
Reviewed October 26, 2013

I once again stayed at this small hotel while visiting London in September. The rooms are fairly small, but they have all been updated the previous year. The hotel is located about a block from Victoria Station, so unless you have many suitcases, a taxi is not necessary. This hotel is located on a very attractive street, and it is very quiet at night, especially if one rents a back room. The staff is also very friendly and helpful. I am rating this hotel "5" because it is an extremely good value for the money.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
5  Thank Dan M
Reviewed October 26, 2013

I will start with saying that I debated writing this because everyone loves this hotel and so I wasn't sure that I wanted to post anything that wasn't 100% positive. But isn't that really the idea of reviews? So first there are several repeated themes about this hotel. 1- Fantastic central location, great price, very nice family that owns it and very clean. I agree with all of those comments. Also we actually had not real issues with the room size. I think my main challenges with the hotel is that it's not really a hotel to me but more a boarding house. You get buzzed in and then have a key to the front door going forward which is fine. But there is no lobby just a small office with a door off to the side of the hallway. Most of the time there was not anyone there so we didn't really ask a lot of questions. Second there are just two towels (no hand towel or washcloth) given to you each day and there is one small bar of soap. So please make sure you bring your own hairdryer and toiletries. Also, maybe this is just a pet peeve of mine but they give you tea in the room that is in a plastic container in loose tea bags (no paper cover). Not sanitary at all. Basically everything in the room is the least expensive thing they could buy. My main thing about this hotel is that they say they have WI-FI so we planned to use it a lot to plan our day. We were on the upper level and rarely had service. We had IPAD so no USB plug so it made our trip planning hard. Also I have a business that I have to check e-mails for each day and was not not able to do this. Would I recommend this hotel? Maybe but sure you bring what you need from home and get a room on the lower levels if you need WI-FI.

Room Tip: Stick to the lower floors if you have any issues with stairs or if you need WI-FI.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends