“Small rooms, but great location (walking distance to Victoria Station)”
Review of Cherry Court Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Cherry Court Hotel
Ranked #498 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed November 12, 2013

The room we stay in was rather small, the bed just had enough space for 2 adults to lie flat (no excess space for rolling around)

My girlfriend and I had to constantly contort ourselves to ensure we didn't clash heads with each other.

There was free Wifi, which helped to "ease the pain" of living in a small room.

Other than the small spaces, this hotel was rather cosy, and we felt quite secure staying there.

Location-wise, the hotel was within a 5 min walk to the Victoria station. Very handy if you need to catch the Gatwick express to the airport.

Overall, a very good hotel, at a very affordable price by Lonon standards.

• Stayed: November 2013
2  Thank Gerald C

Reviewed October 26, 2013

I once again stayed at this small hotel while visiting London in September. The rooms are fairly small, but they have all been updated the previous year. The hotel is located about a block from Victoria Station, so unless you have many suitcases, a taxi is not necessary. This hotel is located on a very attractive street, and it is very quiet at night, especially if one rents a back room. The staff is also very friendly and helpful. I am rating this hotel "5" because it is an extremely good value for the money.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
5  Thank Dan M
Reviewed October 26, 2013

I will start with saying that I debated writing this because everyone loves this hotel and so I wasn't sure that I wanted to post anything that wasn't 100% positive. But isn't that really the idea of reviews? So first there are several repeated themes about this hotel. 1- Fantastic central location, great price, very nice family that owns it and very clean. I agree with all of those comments. Also we actually had not real issues with the room size. I think my main challenges with the hotel is that it's not really a hotel to me but more a boarding house. You get buzzed in and then have a key to the front door going forward which is fine. But there is no lobby just a small office with a door off to the side of the hallway. Most of the time there was not anyone there so we didn't really ask a lot of questions. Second there are just two towels (no hand towel or washcloth) given to you each day and there is one small bar of soap. So please make sure you bring your own hairdryer and toiletries. Also, maybe this is just a pet peeve of mine but they give you tea in the room that is in a plastic container in loose tea bags (no paper cover). Not sanitary at all. Basically everything in the room is the least expensive thing they could buy. My main thing about this hotel is that they say they have WI-FI so we planned to use it a lot to plan our day. We were on the upper level and rarely had service. We had IPAD so no USB plug so it made our trip planning hard. Also I have a business that I have to check e-mails for each day and was not not able to do this. Would I recommend this hotel? Maybe but sure you bring what you need from home and get a room on the lower levels if you need WI-FI.

Room Tip: Stick to the lower floors if you have any issues with stairs or if you need WI-FI.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
8  Thank 4evercruising
Reviewed October 4, 2013

We recently stayed here on recommendation from the Rick Steeves 2013 book and we were not disappointed. We knew ahead of time that the rooms were going to be small, which it was, but the location is hard to beat. The owners are very friendly, helpful with any questions we had. The first evening we were there we headed out on foot to explore and within 20 minutes found ourselves at Westminster Abbey, Big Ben and the London Eye. The next day we walked 10 minutes in another direction and found Buckingham Palace. Victoria Station is so close by, which links you up to anywhere else in and around London. The fruit baskets with juice and cookies were great to have, we would pack them in our backpack for a snack throughout the day. The Cherry Court Hotel in great value!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank mikriVictoria
Reviewed October 1, 2013

We had booked a triple room for three nights in September following a cruise. When we arrived we needed to be buzzed in since there is a locked security door on the hotel (which I liked). The hotel is an old house turned into a hotel and was very charming. The owner of the hotel was very friendly and helpful and walked us to the room.

Now, I did read the other reviews and expected the room to be small but WOW, it is really small. We were sleeping three adults in this room. There was a double bed pressed up against one wall and a single pressed up almost against the other with one nightstand separating them. There was no closet or wardrobe, no where to open our suitcases and no seating.

We really enjoyed the central location with easy access to Victoria Station, Buckingham Palace and plenty of great places to eat. We did not like that we could hear all sorts of noise from outside as well as the room above us. I would also make the suggestion of checking the locks on your windows. The second night we noticed that the window was unlocked which was scary considering that we were on the bottom floor of the hotel with fire escape stairs leading directly to it.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Meowit
Reviewed September 24, 2013

My boyfriend and I with two of our friends stayed here from August 31 - September 3 2013 in the “family room” (room 11) and had a really great experience. The owners were very friendly and helped us take our bags down the two flights of stairs to the room, the room was very small but that was expected for London, and the location can`t be beat. The fruit basket left to you in the mornings by the hotel staff was a great treat. We took the snacks with us to eat throughout the day as we often found ourselves running around London without stopping to eat! The proximity to Victoria Station proved to be most helpful. Victoria Station will get you anywhere you need to go in London! When searching for a hotel, we really just wanted a great location with a nice, clean, safe place to sleep at night and take a shower and we received that and more at the Cherry Court. The only negative I can say about the hotel is that if you don't pay in cash, they will charge you an extra 5%. When I booked the hotel, I believe they said something about a 5% discount for paying cash, but I didn't realize that the price quoted was the cash price, so it was a surprise at checkout. It wasn't that big of a deal, just something to be aware of. Overall, we had an awesome experience and would stay here again.

Room Tip: This hotel is very narrow, so several rooms are located under the stairs. We had a room on the botto...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Lindsay T
Reviewed September 23, 2013

These rooms are small, but it's a great value for an expensive city like London. The Patel family is very polite. The take-away breakfasts definitely came in handy for a busy day of sightseeing. The rooms' size is helped by the large wall-to-wall mirrors and big windows. And if you've only got 3 days to see London's sights like we did, you won't be spending much time in your room anyway. It has a great location near Victoria Station. I'd definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple