“Great place, great location, great hosts”
Review of Cherry Court Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Cherry Court Hotel
Ranked #472 of 1,068 Hotels in London
Woodbridge, Virginia
“Great place, great location, great hosts”
Reviewed October 5, 2012 via mobile

Ms. Patel and staff were very cordial and accommodating. Upon our morning arrival we were just going to drop our bags and go see the sights and check in later....but since the previous occupant had checked out earlier...we were able to check in early. The room was small...but that was fine with us. We just needed a nice place to stay that was convenient and clean. Cherry Court is VERY clean. There is a shower in the room....small too but it worked very well. There was no hair dryer nor iron (not a problem as my wife brought a travel dryer..and we didn't need an iron). Each morning we received a breakfast basket with fresh fruit (clementine orange, apple & banana) breakfast bars, juice packs and ginger cookies. That too worked well for us (we took some of it on our daily trips to the sights each day). The location was perfect..close to Victoria Stn and easy walking distance to Buckingham Palace (about a 15 min walk) and the Apollo Theater (5-10 min). There is no elevator (lift)...so if you can't go up stairs...this would not be for you. For our departure, the Hotel arranged for a car for hire to take us to St. Pancras Stn...and they were early for our pick up! We would definitely come here again. We enjoyed our stay.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Glenn F
CherryCourtHotel, Owner at Cherry Court Hotel, responded to this review, October 7, 2012
Hi and thanks for your lovely review. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Just for your information for the future, we do have hair dryers and an iron for you to borrow, so please fell free to ask reception. We do hope to see you again in the future.
Mrs Patel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Leesburg, Virginia
Reviewed September 30, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Cherry Court Hotel back in March for 2 nights before returning to the USA. When we arrived we were informed that they were undergoing some renovations and to mind our backs so that we did not get paint on ourselves! This work was not a problem to us - we were literally using the hotel as a place to sleep in between catching up with family and seeing the sights.
The room was compact but enough space for us and our luggage. The room including bathroom were very clean, and the breakfast basket was much appreciated so we could get up and go every morning with something to keep us going.
The location was WONDERFUL. So close to the bus, trains and tube, as well as walking distance to many of the sights. We walked to Buckingham Palace, Big Ben, the London Eye, and up to Picadillly Circus.
On our last day our flight wasn't until later in the day and Mrs Patel kindly allowed us to store our bags with her until we were ready to leave. She also allowed us to use her computer to check in online.
We have recommended this hotel to others and hope to return ourselves in the near future!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Caroline B
CherryCourtHotel, Owner at Cherry Court Hotel, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Hi, and thank you for your lovely review. We are always pleased to hear when our guests have enjoyed their stay. Thank you also for your recommendation to others, and hope to see you again soon!
Abilene, Texas
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Cherry Court has been completely renovated. We’ve stayed here numerous times over the years & have always found it to be very clean, but now it is really spruced up. The rooms are small but the location & price are super. The Patel’s are always great hosts and very helpful. Continental breakfast baskets are left in the room each night. Pubs & restaurants are nearby, plus Victoria train, tube, & coach stations are all within a couple of blocks.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank bobe2
CherryCourtHotel, Owner at Cherry Court Hotel, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Hello and thanks for your lovely review. It is always a pleasure having you stay with us and we are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your most recent visit. Looking forward to the next time!
Austin, Texas
Reviewed August 2, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for two nights during our stay in London based on a Rick Steves recommendation. It was an excellent value since the room was very clean (very important to me) and the hotel is in a convenient location. I've seen many reviews that comment on the size of the rooms, which are small, but all you should be doing in your room is sleeping. You're in London--please don't hang out in your room all day! From what I understand, even expensive hotels in London have small rooms. Don't pass up this great deal! We would stay there again and recommend it to anyone traveling to London.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
7 Thank Kristin G
CherryCourtHotel, Owner at Cherry Court Hotel, responded to this review, August 5, 2012
Hello and thank you for your review. We are so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We have been with Rick Steves for many years and it is always loely to meet his readers. We hope to see you again in the future.
Johns Creek, Georgia
Reviewed July 29, 2012

My family of four stayed at the Cherry Court Hotel end of June. One needs to understand the rooms and bathroom are quite small so we needed 2 rooms. Not uncommon in the area, but needs to be known going in. The place was very clean and well kept up. Plenty of hot water in the shower, stream was a little weak. Basket with fruit, drink and granola bar was left each evening for the next days breakfast-this was very nice and more than adequate. Mr's Patel and her staff were very polite and helpful. The location was very good, 2 blocks from Victoria Station. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank JCDoug1
CherryCourtHotel, Owner at Cherry Court Hotel, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Hi there, and thank you for your review. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to seeing you again in the future!
Wainwright, Canada
Reviewed July 22, 2012

My Girl Guide group of 7 people stayed in 2 rooms for 5 night in June 2012. I found the Cherry Court Hotel in the Rick Steves guidebook.
We all enjoyed our stay at the Cherry Court. The rooms were really pretty, clean and well appointed. They were small, as advertised, but even with 3 & 4 people in a room we had enough space to put our things and still move around. Our rooms were on the top floor and in the basement. The location is perfect. The pub on the corner is also great! The desk clerks were pleasant and offered assistance. There is a computer for guests to use and a lovely little outside deck area. The breakfast basket with granola bar, cookies, fruit and juice box was fine, although to our north american tastes a little more suited to lunch, which is how we primarily used it.
I would happily recommend the Cherry Court to friends & family and hope to visit again myself.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank AuntyLeo
CherryCourtHotel, Owner at Cherry Court Hotel, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
Hello and thank you for your review. We are so pleased that you all enjoyed your stay with us and of course we look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed July 18, 2012

Stayed here for three nights over last weekend. My usual bed and breakfast in London, the Ridgemount at Gower Street, was completely booked up when I e-mailed them in March (thanks, Olympics!) I got a room at Cherry Court after reading the reviews here, and I'm puzzled as to why it's not higher on the rankings!

Yes, the rooms here are small, so if you are expecting a lot of space, this isn't what you would want. The hotel is in a Victorian rowhouse, which is known for being extremely narrow (I've stayed in one before so I knew what to expect). There is no elevator (they wouldn't be able to put in one, I believe) and my single room was on the top floor. When I arrived, I didn't have my suitcase with me (long story) and no one was around at night to help me with it, but thankfully, a friend who was with me helped haul it upstairs. The morning when I was checking out, hotel owner Mrs Patel very kindly called me in my room and asked if I needed someone to carry my luggage downstairs, which I did. I would have asked if she hadn't called, and I really appreciated the initiative!

Despite the lack of space in my small single room, it was obvious that the hotel owners had put much thought into maximising whatever space they could get. There was no space for a desk or closet in the room, but they had built a L-shaped wooden panel in a corner of the room which doubles up as a small desk and area where you could hang your clothes (hangers were provided). There was also plenty of storage space in the bathroom vanity cabinet for toiletries, as well as space right over the toilet. Towel racks were available in the bathroom, which had a glass-encased shower. A flat-screen TV was mounted onto the wall, which helped save space as well. A kettle, coffee and tea, glasses and a fruit basket (with fruits, biscuits, a granola bar) were also in the room. Very thoughtful, for a room which went at GBP60 a night! The fruit basket came in handy as a quick breakfast before starting my day, and honestly, was way healthier than the usual greasy British breakfasts served up at a lot of hotels. The bed / pillow was a little hard, but I was so tired I slept like a log anyway. The hotel underwent refurbishment earlier this year, so everything was new and clean. I came back to a spick and span room every single day.

In terms of location, it's pretty unbeatable. It's just across the street from the Victoria Place shopping centre, which gives you a direct link to Victoria station. At night when the mall is closed, take the Buckingham Palace Rd exit from the station. Despite its proximity to the station, street noise wasn't an issue at night as the hotel is on a residential street with mostly homes/hotels. I slept soundly through the night the whole time I was there.

There is a 5% surcharge if you pay by credit card, which Mrs Patel informed me about when I checked in. So pay cash if you want to avoid that.

If I really want to nit-pick, I have only two quibbles. First - I wish there was a second towel provided in the bathroom, instead of just one which you'd have to use for your hands, face and body. Second - The cleaning of the rooms at this hotel takes place pretty early! The rooms are really close to one another since it's such a narrow building, and the noise of the vaccumming at about 8am woke me up. I guess it's fine if you don't plan on sleeping in, but I was exhausted after a week-long business trip prior to my vacation and was hoping to get a little bit more sleep.

All in all, I'd definitely stay here again. At GBP60 a night for a single room right behind Victoria Station, you'd be hard pressed to find another hotel with better value.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
8 Thank intransit111
Thank you for your review. We are always pleased to hear when guests enjoyed their stay with us. We hope to see you again in the future.