2,468 results
All reviews greenwich park maritime museum cutty sark train station charing cross bit dated lovely hotel excellent breakfast afternoon tea buffet style easy access family room full english central london single room one night stay yogurt
Selected filters
Reviewed January 14, 2020

The Clarendon hotel is on Blackheath, close to Greenwich Park and the Royal Observetory
A short walk from the railway station, with connections to central London
It has a restaurant and bar with entertainment on some occasions.
The rooms all have TV and a welcome tray.

Room tip: We have stayed in many different rooms, most have now been refurbished, and are all comfortable rooms with good beds, and en suite bathrooms
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cruiser630195
Ken_milton, General Manager at The Clarendon Hotel - Blackheath Village, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Cruiser630195
Thank you for taking time to leave your feedback. It gives me great pleasure to read that you enjoyed our hospitality. We are indeed very accessible to central London with a short train journey of 20 minutes on average. I look forward welcoming you back again at The Clarendon.

Reviewed January 14, 2020

As mentioned, the atmosphere of the hotel is warm and like "being at home". But only one member of the restaurant staff did warmly greet us, recognizing that we are frequent clients (around 5 visits in the last twelve months). Nobody at the reception desk

Room tip: large room, king-size bed

Dear giuseppepitotti
Thank you for taking time to leave your feedback. First of all, please accept my apologies for not being acknowledged as a regular guest at the reception desk. I have had a word with my reception staff to ensure that this is not repeated with yourself or any other regular guest. I am also pleased to read your lovely comment about 'being at home' at The Clarendon and I will pass it on to all my staff. I look forward welcoming you back in February and April as per your bookings already made with us.

Reviewed January 12, 2020 via mobile

We stayed with our young children and booked the family suite, which was a good choice. The room was recently decorated so everything was perfect. Day staff on reception very helpful (night staff not quite so !), breakfast selection was first class and restaurant staff were extremely attentive. A very pleasant stay, and I’m sure we will return.

Dear UltGTB
Thank you for your wonderful review. It gives me great pleasure to read your comments regarding your stay. I will sure pass them on to my staff and I will have a word with the night staff too. We look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Reviewed January 12, 2020

We like this Hotel for visiting relatives nearby. Free parking at the Hotel, and the station is 5 minute walk away for a night out in Londons West End. We had a quiet spacious room over looking the rear garden.
A refurb of the room had just finished, others were still being worked on during the day. Noise was not too noticeable.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Journey613278
Thank you for your taking time to leave your feedback and for your usual custom. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed our hospitality and we were conveniently located for the purpose of your visit. We are indeed very accessible to central London with a short train ride. We look forward welcoming you back at The Clarendon.

Reviewed January 11, 2020

we had a good experience. The hotel needs to be refurbished a bit. The breakfast has plenty of food. The mattress in our room was too soft. we recommend to change the sink which is very small. The hotel staff is welcoming

Dear qtran555395
Thank you for taking time to leave your feedback. I am pleased to confirm that we are carrying refurbishments to improve the standard of the hotel. Thank you for your kind comment regarding our breakfast and staff which I will sure pass on to them.