The Clarendon Hotel - Blackheath Village
$281
$238
Trip.com
  • Pool
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
$175
$163
$238
$243
$166
  • Pool
1,836 results
All reviewsgreenwich parkmaritime museumcutty sarkcharing crosslovely hoteltrain stationexcellent breakfastafternoon teabuffet styleeasy accessfamily roomwould stay againone night stayfull englishcentral londonyogurtarena
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 24, 2013

I was taking part in the London Marathon and wanted a hotel near the start. I left the hotel at 9.45 and it took 30 seconds to walk to the start. The hotel is clean and friendly. It is quite difficult to get to as it is not on the tube but there are plenty of buses or over ground trains if you don't want to drive.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RustySurrey
Ken_milton, General Manager at The Clarendon Hotel - Blackheath Village, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2013

Dear Rustysurrey
Firstly congratulations on running the marathon this year, with the Blue start on our door step and the main start in Greenwich Park, we had many runners staying with us. I hope the steel band put a spring in your step as you left the hotel. I have run it myself back in 1998 & 2000, an amazing day.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

a lovely well situayed hotel offering spotlessly clean accommodation and excellent food and a very good price when you consider the location of this hotel, buses and trains are right on the doorstep making it an ideal place to stay if you want to go into London or out towards Kent.Iwill certainly return

Room Tip: all rooms are good we were at the side which we found quiet
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank heckum457

Hi Heckem457
thank you for taking the time to write your review, we are all really pleased you enjoyed your stay at the hotel.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Staff were efficent and helpful, Room was fine, clean and tidy. Hotel could do with freshiing up a bit. Breakfast was excellent. Situated in the heart of Blackheath village.Shops and pubs plentiful. Greenwich park a short walk away.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Welshtraveller247

Dear Welshtraveller247
Thank you for your review, we are all very pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. We are just in the process of re fruibishing our rooms again.
Many thanks and happy travels

Reviewed March 28, 2013

I have stayed in the Clarendon Hotel, Blackheath, for nearly ten years, once or twice a year. I think it's great. I have no complaints. The dining room for breakfast is wonderful, cheerful and with breakfast included in the price of the room, good news. One of the reasons that I abandoned central London hotels with their tiny rooms was the extra tenner if you touch a sausage in the morning. I have friends in Kent and for them it is very convenient. And where else can you walk out the door of a London hotel onto several acres of parkland. I am waiting for my friend to tell me when she can get her holidays in October and we're back to a family room at the Clarendon.

And there are a lot worse places than Blackheath Village.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Ken_milton, General Manager at The Clarendon Hotel - Blackheath Village, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Dear Palsace
Thank you for your tripadvisor review, we have many guest who return to the hotel and Blackheath. It is just one of them sort of places that people feel so comfortable, I think the mixture of the village with it's pubs, good restaurants, shops,the people and the hotel - all generally local people and local trades. All the staff are all very pleased you enjoy your stay here and once again thank you for letting us know. Please say hello when next in.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Stayed here on Saturday 9th March 2013 and was upgraded from a single room to a very large double which I was very happy about: nice comfortable bed: would have preferred a bath to a shower but nothing to complain about: nice breakfast where you can help yourself: good room rate £79: nice setting in lovely Blackheath Village close to good restaurants and cafes and railway station: i agree with other reviewers that the hotel is a bit outdated but i'm sure that management will look at this when re-decorating: all in all a very good one night stay @ a reasonable price: thank you

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Ken_milton, General Manager at The Clarendon Hotel - Blackheath Village, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2013

Dear ReedyDurham
Well 'thank you' sir for your review, we are so pleased you enjoyed the Clarendon and everything that our loverly Blackheath Village has to offer. Approx over 95% of our rooms have baths, so I am sorry that you were put in a room with a shower only. I am also pleased to inform you that after the last refruibishment of our rooms (3 years ago) we will some be starting again) all the best and 'thank you'