“Absolutely Disgusting Dirty Hotel”
Review of The Bentley London

The Bentley London
Ranked #235 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed August 2, 2010

I am almost at a loss to descibe just how disgusting the level of cleanliness at this hotel is. The accompanying photo's will show you why I am writing such a damning review. Never in all my years of traveling have I had to endure semen stains, snot, pubic hair and carpet stains all in one room! Cleanliness is the key area for any hotel and a failure of this level is simply not acceptable. Management made efforts to appease me by changing rooms, however even the room given to me still had a badly stained headboard, a burnt lampshade and heavy stains on the carpet. This was perhaps an improvement from my first room that had dried snot on the wall, dried semen stains on the valance and pubic hair in the bath! All this for STG250 pounds a night! The Bentley Hotel in Harrington Gardens is filthy and as such I would strongly recommend anyone thinking of staying here to book elsewhere. Management spoke to me on my departure, which oddly enough was at my request a late check out and agreed to refund my costs. Whilst this is a good gesture, it is not the point - checking in to a hotel at this level one expects the very best levels of service and cleanliness. When one is reduced to having to see the stains of previous love making or having to ensure one's own head does not touch a filthy stained headboard, then I am sorry, no amount of management apology is acceptable and the hotel deserves the bad review it is getting.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
5  Thank MDAP
There are newer reviews for The Bentley London

Reviewed August 2, 2010

Its certainly a 5 Star Hotel in regard of room and location. Some "minus-points", since the room was not available when checked in around lunch time. For a 5 star hotel I found it interesting that the concierge when asked did not want to bring the luggage to the room once it was available. Also the breaksfast service was a bit slow. The rooms are very nice and comfortable. Bathrooms are certainly a highlight being very luxurious.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 2, 2010

If you believe it is all about location, than this hotel is perfect for you. Two minutes away from Gloucester Road Tube station with direct subway link to Victoria and LHR, it is easy to get to. The rooms were quite nice and up to the standard one would expect. A poor suprise was the breakfast which was below Hilton standards and certainly far below five star standard. As a side remark: As a HH Diamond I never ever got an upgrade at his property.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed July 27, 2010

The Bentley simply had no personality. The location was fine--set in the heart of Kensington a few blocks from the tube. The room was large enough with a flat screen and usual accessories. However the service was extremely impersonal and only ok. The bright spot was the breakfast room. Its back to the Baglioni for me I am afraid.

The hotel is a Waldorf property but some of the literature in the room said "Hilton" for some reason. Anyway not a great experience.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed July 26, 2010

The hotel is in a very quiet location by South Kensington and the staff was extremely nice and welcoming. I arrived a few hours early and they had a room ready for me and also upgraded me to a larger suite because of my Diamond Status. The rooms were very well sized, bathrooms were clean and spacious, and the beds were very soft.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 5, 2010

I agree with the pervious reviewer-the bed is a travestry. Pillows too big for the cases(do they think we would not notice?), bed hard as a rock(almost like sleeping on the floor) and towels frayed. The room decor was lovely and the bathroom gorgeous, but, frankly, at a hotel the bed needs to be inviting. This was not. At a hotel of this caliber, these basic "amenities" should be a given. Will not stay here again unless beds are redone.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 4, 2010

Having read some of the reviews about The Bentley I was unsure what to expect, but clearly the people who wrote the bad stuff are just obsessed with ultra modern interiors and none of the cute English tradition.

The Bentley takes you back in time somewhat and I have to say I loved my stay! Think British palace and traditional stately home decor and you've got this place down to a tee. The over the top, almost opulant decor and furnishings make this feel like a step back in time. Lots of stately home colours in the bedrooms and a very grand scale. No pokey bedrooms like many city centre hotels.

I stayed during the height of the ash cloud problem, so the place was deserted, with none of the booked customers able to fly in. I get the impression there were a lot of American guests and it's easy to see why they love the place as it really is cute and English!

The lobby area is light and bright and my standard room was huge, with a comfy chair and footstool, ample desk and huge bed! The spa looked relaxing and well cared for and the gym seemed okay, although with no windows and no airconditioning, it's probably better to get a day pass to a local gym such as Fitness First which is right up the street [turn right out of the hotel].

I was booked on a dinner, bed and breakfast package and the food and service in the restaurants was fantastic. In fact I was the only person taking dinner, so had the entire team at my disposal! I thought the food was good and the service great, they explained what was included [everything but the wine] and I had a lovely meal.

The bathroom was also huge and had a seperate shower and jacuzzi tub. Everything was spotlessly clean with plenty of room by the sink and a huge mirror.

I only stayed for one night and did spend a lot of time in my room working and there wasn't any noise or problems. The only thing I would say is that the internet is quite pricey. I don't see how any hotel can charge for this service anymore it's quite an insult!

I booked the rate online at the Bentley website and that seemed to be the cheapest rate available.

If you need a good value, but upmarket hotel with all the trimmings and close to a tube line, then this is a good place to stay.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business