“HIgh Tea at The Bentley”
Review of The Bentley London

The Bentley London
Ranked #277 of 1,067 Hotels in London
London
“HIgh Tea at The Bentley”
Reviewed December 7, 2013

Got this through a Amazon deal. Very good value for money. The setting is your traditional tea room setting and very welcoming staff (Indre was brilliant).

The quality of the food was of very high standard and the selection of tea's were great.

We went slightly early so it was very quiet. But I believe it was due to the fact that it is the run up to Christmas and everybody was Christmas shopping!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
The Bentley Lon... A, Operations Manager at The Bentley London, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Dear Worldtravellerplus 77,

Please accept our most sincere appreciation for your kind words which was the result of your overall experience of the afternoon tea at The Bentley. I am also most happy to hear that you enjoyed the service, the food and the selection of teas we have to offer which i can certainly vouch for.

I will also agree with your feedback regarding "Indre" who is certainly a very experienced member of our team along with others who take great pride in delivering excellent service to all our guest.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we will be looking forward to welcome to again in the future.

Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
  • Greek first
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed December 1, 2013

Once again the Bentley Hotel was great!! Had to postpone the check-out, wich was no trouble at all. Just a few punds per hour. A bit wierd breakfast hostess, I didnt get to know about their menu or options. All inn all a perfect stay at a perfect hotel at a reasonable price. I will be back soon.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

The Bentley Lon... A, Operations Manager at The Bentley London, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Dear Ketil S,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at The Bentley. I am most happy to hear that you had a comfortable stay with us. I have taken a note of your comment regarding your breakfast experience and will ensure to rectify it at my earliest.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we will be looking forward to welcome you soon.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed November 28, 2013

Arranged quick trip for three nights / four days while in London. Excellent location near trains with quick availability for frequent taxis. High value for room on 6th floor. Quiet Knightsbridge neighborhood with luxe surroundings. Amazing service from staff -- in particular Alex (Concierge) - who went above and beyond on numerous occasions -- as well as Mario (Front Desk) - always friendly and proactive. I will be back when next in London.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
The Bentley Lon... A, Operations Manager at The Bentley London, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Dear Vermillion63,

Thank you for your kind feedback regarding your recent stay at The Bentley. I am most happy to hear that you enjoyed you stay with us and experienced a good service from our staff,especially Alex & Mario who are one of our experienced team member.

I am sure you will give us various opportunities in the future to extend the best of the service we offer at The Bentley.

Looking forward to Welcome You.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Having stayed before, I booked this as a part of a 40th birthday surprise. The surprise was how poor it was. The room smelled musty. The bottom sheet on the bed didn't fit, so two were used and overlapped, which didn't work and was uncomfortable. So uncomfortable it woke us up as it became tangled during the night. There was no duvet cover, it was just between two sheets so we saw an old duvet. Not nice. Breakfast was incorrect, only 3 couples there, so to get the type of eggs asked for wrong is unforgivable.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

2 Thank penzb
The Bentley Lon... A, Operations Manager at The Bentley London, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Dear Trip advisor Member,

Thank you for feedback regarding your recent stay at The Bentley.Firstly,when I am happy to see that you have given us some positive/high rankings on location, cleanliness with average ranking on rooms and other factors which has certainly lead me to investigate and rectify the issues raised by you at my earliest.

May I also take the opportunity of this moment to ensure you that my reception team would have immediately changed the room if notified of any unpleasant experience as mentioned in your comments at the first given oppurtunity.

I will also agree with your opening comments that since you had stayed with us in the past and certainly liked the hotel which had lead you to come back with same expectation, however due to some issues the recent stay was not up to your expectations.

I can assure you that all the above points mentioned by you have been addressed to relevant teams and I can assure you that they will not add to the experience for any of the guest.

On that note I will also request you to please contact me directly as I along with rest of my team will be looking forward to regain your trust and expectations with The Bentley.

I will be also happy to personally assist you for any of your future reservation or request with us and ensure that you will experience the best of the hospitality we have to offer.

Furthermore, If I can be of any assistance to you may you decide to stay with us in the future which will certainly give me and rest of the team an opportunity to extend all possible service excellence which we hope will add a positive experience.

Halifax, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 5, 2013

This hotel is an ok location in London. It looks amazing but the service isn't great. My hotel room wasn't clean and several things didn't work. It was very out of date also. Not value of money in my opinion. I paid £270, it should have been £150, maximum!

1 Thank Janet J
The Bentley Lon... A, Operations Manager at The Bentley London, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Dear Janet J,

May I thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at The Bentley. Further to our conversation earlier today, please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused.

I have addressed the issues you had raised, with my relevant team and ensured that the issues should be rectified at the earliest.

Janet, in light of the above I can also assure you that it is not the standard level of service or product that we offer at The Bentley, however it was very unfortunate on that occasion that you had to experience it during your stay.

The location of the hotel is one of the key features as it offers a very peaceful enviourment for all our guest. Because of its location in the most vibrant area of the city, it is easily accessible with all mode of transport and to various places of interest.

Additionally, as requested in my email sent earlier today, I will be most happy to welcome you back and hope to reinstate your faith with The Bentley and extend the hospitality it is best known for.

Looking forward to welcome you.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 4, 2013

I was only here for a night and didn't have huge expectations especially as I am not a massive Hilton fan, but this hotel is a gem. It is older in style inside and the room we had was lovely. Admittedly it was a suite, but often in London that still means smallish rooms. This was huge, very high ceilings, lounge and dining room area, big hallway and large bedroom.
All decorated in a classic style, but nothing felt old or shabby. We had room service, food arrived quickly, was hot and tasty. If you are in London for pleasure then the Bentley is in a good location for getting around town. The immediate area isn't lovely, but it is safe and a short walk to the main road.
I would recommend looking at it if you are on vacation and want somewhere with a bit more space than your usual chain hotel without completing blowing the budget.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
The Bentley Lon... A, Operations Manager at The Bentley London, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Dear JamieKate,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit to The Bently.I am glad to hear that the hotel was a pleasant surprise as it has met your expectation for a perfect holiday hotel.

The Bentley has a great location which is in a close proximity to the city and other popular destination in the city of London. It is the location, its décor, along with the product & service we offer makes it a perfect five star hotel for all market segments.

Additionally, the area within the vicinity of the hotel offers necessary things such as major supermarkets, transport connectivity, specialty restaurants,traditional english pubs which even makes it a preferred choice for both the leisure and corporate travelers.

Once again, thank you for all your kind words and hopefully you will give us another opportunity in the future to welcome you back.

Geneva
Reviewed November 2, 2013

Great hotel! You feel like staying in Buckingham palace. This is the ultimate british experience. Service is fine but not "ritz carlton style". Great place to stay but dont book incl. breakfast as its poor and not 5 start value!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

The Bentley Lon... A, Operations Manager at The Bentley London, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Dear Donraphaello ,

Thank you for feedback regarding your recent stay at the Bentley. I am glad to hear that you had a good experience during your stay but were disappointed with the breakfast in regards to the value it has to offer.

Subsequently, our breakfast service and value for money has always been appreciated being a five star hotel and has a good demand in various packages we have to offer.

Also, in comparison to majority of the five star hotels in the city of London I can vouch for the service which is offered by The Bentley as a top rated and great value for money while serving a niche five star market.

Once again, we appreciate your comments and hope that you will give us another opportunity in the future to welcome you back.

Kind Regards,