“Elegant but Suitable for all travelers”
Review of The Bentley London

The Bentley London
Ranked #235 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed May 26, 2011

It was a wonderful experience staying here. The rooms were elegant and extremely clean. The staff was wonderful and helpful. The beds were comfortable and the rooms were quiet. It is 2 minutes to cafes for breakfast, restaurants for dinner, tube stop for sight seeing and a grocery store for essentials.

I had mentioned in passing when making my reservation that we were coming to London for my son's 12th birthday. On our second night in the hotel we returned to find in our room a wonderful plate of cheesecakes and deserts with "Happy Birthday" written in fancy chocolate decorations on the plate. It was such a thoughtful personal touch!

I will be returning to this hotel for business and pleasure. A real gem in the Hilton and Waldorf Astoria systems.

FYI, easy to get to Stamford Bridge for Chelsea games from here. Quick tube or short/cheap taxi ride.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank minermanny
PaulKennedy2010, General Manager at The Bentley London, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2011

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you very much for your very kind & positive review of your stay here at The Bentley London.

I am so pleased that your enjoyed your time with us & I am delighted that your son enjoyed receiving our little surprise on his birthday.

The team here are dedicated to spotting important dates such as guest birthdays & we are always very happy to do something special on a special day.

I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

There are newer reviews for The Bentley London

Reviewed May 20, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the hotel for two nights and then transferred to another hotel.
The location is very good and the rooms are luxurious. However, we were given a room on an upper floor that had a serious noise problem, with a constant droning of machines throughout the night. We complained but the management ignored us.
After two sleepless nights we moved out.
Do not recommend this hotel at all. Can't believe it's part of the Waldorf Astoria chain !

Room Tip: Be sure to book a room on a lower floor
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Nan096

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay wih us.

Naturally I was disappointed to read that you were disturbed & that you felt that we did not handle your complaint correctly.

We are aware of an issue with noise on the roof of the hotel & our Maintenance Team are working to resolve this as soon as possible as we fully appreciate that this is not acceptable.

I was saddened to learn that you felt that we ignored your complaint & if that was the case then I offer you my sincere apologies as the team at The Bentley are fully committed to service delivery at all times.

I do hope that you will provide us with the opportunity to redeem ourselves in your eyes by returning to us again in the near future & once again I am very sorry that things were not as they should have been.

Reviewed April 13, 2011

When we stayed at the hotel in March 2011, we were given a room on the top floor. The room was excellent, but there was a constant drone of machines above our room - probably generators or airconditioning equipment on the roof. It was particularly bad when we opened the windows. It was impossible to get any sleep.

We complained to the management who didn't seem to care. We moved to another hotel the following day !

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Fizzy_11
PaulKennedy2010, General Manager at The Bentley London, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2011

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for providing your feedback from your stay with us.

Naturally I was disappointed to read that your stay was disturbed as my hope is that all of our guests enjoy their stay in the peace & tranquil surroundings of the hotel.

Clearly that was not the case for you & I am very sorry if this was not handled appropriately at the time.

We have investigated the matter & brought in a company who are working to reolve this matter as I fully appreciate that noise is unacceptable.

I do hope that you will return to us in the near future & I would be delighted if you would contact me directly to make the booking so that I can handle it personally.

Reviewed April 2, 2011

This was our 1st trip to London to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary and we couldn't have had a better time. Even before we arrived the incredibly helpful staff arranged for a car service to and from the airport. Our room was lovely and the service excellent. They had a special sweet tray sent to our room to help celebrate. The Bentley is in a great location; walking distance from many attractions and museums and a 5 minute walk from the Tube. In addition, there are many fine restaurants and cafes in the area. This is a small hotel in a quiet neighborhood which enables it to pay attention to the small details that help make their guests comfortable. Everyone we came in contact with at the hotel was so accommodating and knowledgeable making our trip fantastic. Thank you and we look forward to visiting again soon.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
PaulKennedy2010, General Manager at The Bentley London, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2011

Dear Reviewer,

I am so pleased to learn that your anniversary stay with us was a success!

Thank you very much for providing such great feedback for the team here at The Bentley London.

We are very proud of our association with Waldorf Astoria & we constantly look for ways to improve our service for our valued guests.

I do hope that we can look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed April 1, 2011

This hotel was absolutely beautiful. We couldn't have been happier with the rooms, location, and hotel itself. The staff was just amazing! Everyone was incredibly nice and helpful. Although the hotel is not centrally located, it was only a short walk to a tube station.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple

Dear Reviewer,

I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for providing The Bentley London with such a lovely review.

The team here are all delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us & we are all very proud that you mentioned the staff in your review.

We are always very pleased to know that our valued guests have had a great & we are looking forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed March 31, 2011

It was my first stay in this hotel, but i will back soon. Hotel is near Royal Albert Hall, where i has been on some show, near restaurants, shops and subway. Very quiet place, tasteful interior and friendly staff.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your kind review! I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your first stay with us here at The Bentley London.

We take immense pride in our hotel & service & we are so pleased to read such positive feedback.

I do hope that you will consider returning to us in the very near future.

Reviewed March 27, 2011

Stayed for my wifes birthday and had a lovely time. Sofia was excellent in arranging a surprise cake and also a junior suite upgrade!
All staff were extremely helpful and the room was so quiet for London!
Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: March 2011
PaulKennedy2010, General Manager at The Bentley London, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2011

Dear Reviewer,

I was delighted to read your wonderful review of The Bentley London!

It was our pleasure to surprise your wife with the birthday cake & bedroom upgrade.

I have passed your kind comments on to Sofia who along with the rest of the team is thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you both back to us in the near future.