“Good for O2”

Ibis London Excel Docklands
Ranked #484 of 1,072 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for a concert at the O2. You can get the Emirates cable car direct to the O2 & this is literally a 2 min walk from hotel if that. Unfortunately it's not open when concerts finish so we tubed it back. The hotel was clean & comfy, would use again.

Stayed: April 2014
ibisexcel, General Manager at Ibis London Excel Docklands, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2014

Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for choosing the ibis London ExCeL-Docklands for your visit to the O2. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and the amazing views of London from the Cable Car.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Ibis London Excel Docklands

Reviewed July 14, 2014

I booked a double and a twin room last December when I bought 4 Robbie Williams tickets for his concert at the 02. (A christmas present for my husband and two adult daughters). Since booking I have read a lot of the reviews and here is our unanimous verdict on the hotel.
We drove from Bournemouth on Saturday morning, it was quite an ordeal driving through London to get to the hotel but we have decided definitely worth it. The car parking was very secure so no worrying about the car overnight, even though it was £16 it was worth it.(You have to get your ticket stamped in the Ibis and pay at the reception of the Novotel)
Check in was very quick, we changed one of our rooms in order to have a view over the Royal Victoria Dock, with no problem at all. The staff were polite and very helpful with directions to 02 and all our other queries during our stay.The bedroom and bathroom were spotless and all you could possibly need for a short stay. The shower was excellent.
We had a fantastic lunch on the veranda of the Novotel next door to the Ibis, what a great view (the lovely weather helped).
Travelled to the 02 on the Emirates cable car which was a new and exciting experience for all of us (cost about £17 for four and takes roughly ten minutes). The return journey we made by taxi, it took about 45 minutes due to the volume of traffic, cost £22. Back at the hotel there was a great atmosphere at the bar area.
Very comfortable bed and no noise. Check out super fast. All agree we would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank janvic

Dear Janvic,
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback following your stay at ibis London ExCeL Docklands.
It is always an encouragement to receive such positive feedback and I am pleased to read that the staff looked after you and that you enjoyed a hassle free stay.

We look forward to welcoming you all back in the near future for a visit to the O2 or ExCeL.

Reviewed July 13, 2014

My daughter and I stayed here for one night the staff were very pleasant the room was as expected for a budget hotel think this is the first time I've stayed in a hotel where the bathroom is in effect a porta loo, the room was clean, the bed was comfortable ,had a good nights sleep. The breakfast was very good considering it was an all you can eat buffet style. The only thing I found to complain about really was the extortionate cost of the car park and the fact that we were not told at the time of booking and although parking is advertised on the website it did not mention a charge, I have stayed in many hotels all over the world and have never ever been charged for parking let alone £16 for one night.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family

Dear Reviewer,
Thank your feedback following your recent stay at ibis London ExCeL Docklands. I am pleased to read that the staff looked after you and that you enjoyed a good night's sleep and our buffet breakfast.
I have taken note of your comments about parking prices - the charges for parking at the adjacent Novotel for residents of ibis is in line with that of other hotels in the area including the public car park and the rates offered is in line with that of other hotels in the area including the public car park by the entrace to ExCeL.
Once again, thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback and we do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed July 9, 2014

This nice hotel is situated right on the waterside at Royal Victoria Dock and is a five minute walk from the DLR station. Emirates cable car is also two minutes walk from the hotel, where you can access the O2 Dome on the other side of the Thames. London City Airport is very close and the hotel is right under the flight path. Excel Arena is a stones throw away.
Hotel itself is very smart and the room and facilities were very good, without being spectacular. We did not eat in the hotel, so can't comment on the food, but I did find the bar prices expensive.
My partner is partially sighted and we had a guide dog with us. Staff were very helpful and made us feel welcome.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ReggieP590
ibisexcel, General Manager at Ibis London Excel Docklands, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2014

Dear Reggie,
Thank you for choosing the ibis London ExCeL Docklands. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and the staff looked after you during your stay.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed July 9, 2014

We stayed at the hotel for one night to attend a concert at the O2.
Good location for the cable car but you can' return as it shuts at 9pm but only two stops on the Tube and DLR.
Room was small but adequate but the shower pod was slippy when wet
Bed was very comfortable and room was clean.
Reception was good but the bar area is small and not well laid out,not good to spend any time in.
All in all a good hotel for a one night stay if you are attending a function but for any longer there are better options near by.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Alan,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback following your recent stay at ibis London ExCeL Docklands whilst going to the O2.
I have taken note of your comments with regards to the layout of our public areas.
Feedback is important to us and I do hope that we will have another opportunity to welcome you back in another Accor hotel in the near future.

Reviewed July 7, 2014

My husband and I stayed in this hotel for one night, and got bed bugs as a result. I'm sure they came from this hotel because I know it wouldn't have been the place we were staying beforehand. Absolutely awful experience to arrive back home after 24 hours of longhaul travel to discover you are covered in itchy red bites. And it's not even as if the hotel was very enjoyable to stay in anyway!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JSG1986

Dear Reviewer,

For the benefit of other readers, I would like to inform that I have already been in communication with regards to the enclosed matter pre the review posted.

We take such comments and allegations extremely seriously.

Preventive measures are already in place at our hotels as we carry out yearly dusting treatment in all our rooms for the prevention of bedbugs.

Our pest contractors were contacted immediately once the matter was brought to our attention and they reported no evidence of bed bugs activity in any part of your room.

I will of course be more than happy to share this report dated 9th July 2014.

With regards, Brian Opauka

Reviewed July 6, 2014

Convenient location with comfortable bed. Tiny room with very few comforts (no minibar). Terrible food, very poor service at the bar (staff too busy to help) and no room service unless you go down to the bar to order, get the food and take it back up to your room. Nothing on the menu was able to be made gluten free! Fine for one night only.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
ibisexcel, General Manager at Ibis London Excel Docklands, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2014

Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback following your recent stay with us. The ibis product does not facilitate minibars nor room service.
I have taken note of your comments about gluten free meals for immediate action and follow up - please allow me to express my sincere apologies.
Once again, thank you for comments and I do hope that despite this incident we will welcome you back in one of our hotels in the near future.