“Good choice”

Ranked #480 of 1,077 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed June 18, 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank Debra6989
ibisexcel, General Manager at Ibis London Excel Docklands, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2014

Write a ReviewReviews (2,142)

Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

I was a bit worried how far out the hotel was but the DLR is great and at least you get to see some London above ground. The hotel is in a quiet area on river with fab views of O2 and canary wharf . Bar and reception are lovely and quite reasonable prices. Rooms small and basic but clean and pleasant. Would stay again. Lovely dockside bars and restaurants in the area and supermarket . Would stay here again good location to get round away from hustle and bustle and easy to get to places on dLR and under ground.

Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank KirkbyAldo
ibisexcel, General Manager at Ibis London Excel Docklands, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2014

Dear Kirkby,
Thank you for choosing the ibis London ExCeL-Docklands. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and the location - I do hope you had the opportunity to take the Cable Car across directly to the O2 with great views over central London.
We look forward to welcoming you back for another stay in the near future.

Reviewed June 16, 2014

I stayed at this hotel during a major conference at excel. Local hotel's were expensive including this one. I found it clean, functional, newly decorated and food at breakfast generally good / acceptable for the price. Breakfast a bit of a bun fight. Staff generally helpful. My room was clean and quiet (5th floor at rear) unlike some other reviewer comments.

The Bathroom in my standard room was, in my view, completely unacceptable for a three star hotel. The prefab pods dropped into the corner of the room are supposedly refurbishment. The bathroom pod itself is small enough to shower whilst sitting on the toilet!
The ventilation/extraction is inadequate and hence the mould/mildew smell in the room after use (or previous occupant use) mentioned by other reviewers. They shower is too small to use with the door closed. This has been mentioned by another reviewer (a self confessed large man) however as a 5ft 9in tall size 10 woman it was impossible to raise my arms to wash my hair without my elbows impacting the walls.
I would not stay here again solely on account of the bathroom.

Room Tip: Rooms on higher floors at rear are quieter. Personally I would not stay in a standard room because o...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank JHW66

Dear Reviewer,
Thank yor taking the time to give us your feedback following your recent stay with us whilst attending ExCeL.
Feedback is important to us and I have taken note of your comments about the ibis bathroom product for follow up.

Reviewed June 13, 2014 via mobile

If you have been in an Ibis before, you know exactly what the rooms look like, they are cloned from the original model and identical anywhere in the world - basic but comfortable.
So I will comment on the location, which is great: across Royal Victoria square from the ExCel west entrance and the DLR station of Custom House, it's minutes away from the London City airport, and a short walk from the cable car to the O2 arena.
A special mention for the staff: each and every one was kind, welcoming and helpful, remembered my preferences, and did their best to make me comfortable, beyond what is the professionalism that you'd anyway expect from an international hotel chain. I really enjoyed my stay.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business

Dear Reviewer,
I am pleased to read that the staff looked after you and ensured you had a comfortable stay. It is always an enouragement to receive such positive comments about employees.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed June 4, 2014

Set on the Docklands this is a beautiful hotel with some stunning views and extremely hand for the O2 Arena and to make as your base for a visit to this wonderful city.

Staff are excellent, and eager to help make your stay as easy and comfortable as they can.

Breakfast was wonderful but there is just to much nightlife to only dine in the hotel all the time jump on the tube and head into the world of London.

Would recommend this and would stay here again,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:)

Room Tip: Book a Suite, go on your worth it!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
ibisexcel, General Manager at Ibis London Excel Docklands, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2014

Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at ibis London ExCeL-Docklands.
I am pleased to read you enjoyed your stay with us and that the staff looked after you.
We look forward to welcoming you back for another stay in the near future.

Reviewed May 31, 2014

It was unclear what time check out was, we weren't told whether breakfast was included in our room price or not, the person who checked us in was quiet and seemed unsure about what he was doing, and facilities in the room were not mentioned when we booked (brought my own hair dryer to find there was one hidden in the wardrobe), and the lack of soundproofing in the outside walls meant I was woken multiple times due to an aeroplane taking off or landing. My partner and I, however, had a brilliant meal with the help of Carla on our last night. The food was okay, and I didn't finish due to the surprise of onions in my sandwich (not mentioned on the menu), but Carla made the overall experience absolutely brilliant! She was fast and efficient and brought a huge amount of humour to the meal that was greatly needed! Although my partner and I probably won't stay here again, we may come back for an evening meal.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Amanda H
ibisexcel, General Manager at Ibis London Excel Docklands, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2014

Dear Amanda,
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback following your stay. Firstly, thank you for the feedback about Carla exceeding your expectations during your dinner and I shall follow up on your comments about your meal - please accept my sincere apologies.
However, I am disappointed to read that your check in was not to standard and corrective actions will be taken as the service you describe does not reflect our normal high standards of service.
Once again, thank you for your feedback allowing us to benchmark our product and services for areas of improvement.

Reviewed May 30, 2014

Reasonable London budget hotel, handy place to stay for EXCEL business trip or O2 concert. Small room but clean and comfortable. Dont eat in, plenty of choice in resturants locally, don't bother with breakfast in the hotel - it's a zoo and poor value for money, better off going out and finding breakfast.For London the overall cost of the room was reasonable.

Room Tip: Eat out, don't bother with the resturant morning, noon or evening.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Dear David,
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback following your recent stay with us. I am pleased to read that you found the hotel ideal for your attendance near ExCel/O2. I have, however, taken note of your observations with regards to breakfast which at times can be very busy - please allow me to express my apologies for any inconvenience caused.
I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.