Ibis London Excel Docklands
$217
Hotels.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
$174
$261
$243
Orbitz.com
2,188 results
All reviewsroyal victoriathe emirates cable carcustom houseemirates airlinecity airportflight pathcanning towndlr stationsattending an eventjubilee linewhat it says on the tincanary wharfminute walkeasy accesscomfy bedtesco expressstayed here for one night
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 31, 2014

We were visiting London to watch a concert at the o2 and pretty much wanted a bed for the night, a link to the DLR and tube and a bite to eat in the morning. The Ibis delivered exactly what we wanted and with a friendly, warm, clean and comfortable hotel.
The rooms are adequate size and more than comfortable for a few nights away if you are just after a 'base camp'.
The pre-fab shower/toilet cubicles in each room will raise an eyebrow, but are clean and the showers good quality... the toilet, well, it has a seat and flushes!
Breakfasts are buffet style with a good selection but nothing fancy. You will likely end up sharing your breakfast bar with other guests, but it is spaced out enough to not be an issue.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
ibisexcel, General Manager at Ibis London Excel Docklands, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2014

Dear Craig,
Thank you for staying at the ibis London ExCeL-Docklands during your recent visit to the O2 and ExCeL.
I am pleased to read that the hotel, the staff and the ibis product met your expectations.
It is always an encouragement to receive such comments and feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back for another stay in the near future.

Reviewed January 25, 2014

Comfortable rooms, good breakfast and a perfect location for the Excel Centre and the O2 Arena.
Breakfast bar was very busy in the morning. For three mornings in a row we had to wait for plates and cutlery as staff were unable to keep pace with the number of customers - this was a bit annoying. By the time a knife and fork had arrived my breakfast was cold. An easy fix - otherwise a decent mid-range hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Ujuzi
ibisexcel, Manager at Ibis London Excel Docklands, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

Dear James,
Thank you for choosing the ibis London ExCeL-Docklands for your recent visit to ExCeL.
Please accept my sincere apologies for your breakfast experience but rest assured that immediate and corrective actions has been taken to avoid future occurance.
Feedback is important to us and I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future for an improved breakfast experience.
With regards, Brian Opauka

Reviewed January 24, 2014

They serve the same thing every day for breakfast
Room looks clean enough at first sight but the toilet is not as you would expect
Air conditioning was switching itself off when you would want to raise the temperature(during winter)
The sink was stuck
Wifi speed is CRAP (you can't event watch a youtube video)

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Dear Emil,
Thank you for your feedback following your recent stay with us.
For the benefit to other readers, our complimentary WiFi can be upgraded to include streaming at a cost of GBP 3.00 for 24 hours.

Reviewed January 23, 2014

I am a teacher of English from Romania and I am currently attending Bett 2014 with the Ministry of Education from my country. I was reluctant to leaving home because of personal reasons... The trust in my work partners has helped me overcome my doubts. I came here, was lodged in your hotel and I met Carla, the lady who attends us at dinner. I believe meeting her was the ultimate experience I could have got from a place to stay. Yes, the rooms are comfortable and it is very close to ExCel, which makes it really comfortable to work. But people are more important than facilities. Carla is an amazing lady - a mother, a highly educated person, the most refreshing and optimistic person with an astounding personal history which she gladly shares, like a minstrel, to all those willing to listen. I learnt a lot from her. If you ever get the chance to travel to London and be accommodated by this comfortable and convenient hotel, I hope you get the honour of meeting her. She may very well change a lot in the way you react to all those petty things coming your way, day by day. Thank you, Carla! :) Luiza

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
ibisexcel, General Manager at Ibis London Excel Docklands, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

Dear Luiza,
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback following your recent stay with us. Carla is most gracious for your compliments and it is always encouraging for any member of staff to receive such feedback.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed January 20, 2014

I first stayed here reluctantly in September 2013. I thought it would be too basic and overpriced. I was wrong. The room was very big. Modern and comfortable bed. In October and November I returned several times because I knew what to expect. Book ahead and get a great discount.The staff in reception and bar are relaxed and very friendly, yet quick and helpful. You can get a deal which includes breakfast - if you have the time it's worth it. Pick your time to go down for breakfast because this IBIS is popular with tourists. The heating in the rooms works and the shower/en-suite is ideal for short term tourists or business travelers. I stayed 4 nights at a time. If you want to eat well and have variety other than the IBIS selection, eat before you return. The DLR is great and this IBIS is fairly close. You can walk to a station in 8 minutes. Royal Victoria.

Room Tip: As for a Thames view. This is the south side of the hotel.The river immediately at the back is not the Thames but is an outlet / dock area - the Thames is further behind it. These rooms are quieter and although the City airport is close by the planes only start around 7am. To be fair it is only the lower rooms generally that have some noise exposure.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Dear Neil,
I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your experience with us and that we met your expectations.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.