“10 Night Stay.”

Holiday Inn Express London-Limehouse
Ranked #384 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed March 22, 2014

I stayed for 10 nights between 21st Feb - 3rd March after booking as a secret hotel on Price Line (I believe). If you're smart you can work out which hotel you're getting a deal with and the rates I ended up paying were very reasonable for London.
As it's a Holiday Inn Express you can already expect a certain level of satisfaction instead of guessing playing roulette with other hotels.

The first night we were given a different room from requested and unfortunately were not able to swap room because everything was sold out that night. However the next day they were able to switch our room no problem.

The rooms have enough space and a nice enough bathroom. They come with a TV (with free view channels) and there is a place to hang your clothes. Although, It would be nice if there was more space for them as it was a little bit of a struggle for 2 people staying 10 days. You can also request an iron if needed which is nice.

There is free wifi in the hotel but the first few days it wasn't so great. It's not too fast but it works for checking emails and basic websites. Just don't expect to stream anything.

There is also a free breakfast which is nice. They do serve the same thing every single day however and after 10 days it gets pretty bland. Also watch out for the weekend and weekday breakfast times. During the week it cuts off an hour early and one day we missed out on breakfast. The staff during breakfast are all pretty pleasant people and constantly restock the food supply.

The location of the hotel might seem a little out the way for central London but It's only several minutes from Limehouse DLR station. Taking the DLR to Central London is super easy and more pleasant than the tube. The DLR also connects to London City Airport which is extremely convenient if you are flying to and from that location.
The location directly around the hotel is pretty boring, you have to walk a few streets before you find anything worth visiting. I highly recommend taking the DLR (or walking east) to Canary Wharf. It's a major business district in the east end which is really lovely. I enjoyed it more than central London as it's far more relaxing and also really pretty at night. They have several underground shopping malls all connected to each other and lots of places to eat. I recommend Jamie's Italian (Best Lasagne I've ever ate) and Rocket, which is next to James. Both good and reasonably priced.
The DLR is a really simple and easy way to get around the east end and docklands area. Just remember to punch in and out if you have an oyster card!! I also recommend getting a zone 2 pass for your oyster card as paying for a single journey all the time might get expensive.

Overall, I think it was a good hotel with nice and helpful staff throughout.
The only downsides I could see was temperamental wifi, the same breakfast every single day & the rooms seemed to be prone to dust. Hovering rooms more frequently for people with extended stays would be a welcomed idea. Everything else was great and I would stay here again if possible.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ChrisDM182
ExLimehouse, Duty Manager at Holiday Inn Express London-Limehouse, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2014

Dear Chris,

Thank you for your effort taken commenting on your recent stay in our hotel.

I am really happy to read you thorough review, and I am happy for your 4 stars scoring. You cover many aspects of your stay, which we are very thankful for. We value our guest's thoughts because we can continuously improve the level of service we provide.

We do our best to meet your requests in room types, however you couldn't have yours on the first night, I am happy it didn't ruin your stay and that the staff responded your wish the next day.

Thank you for mentioning the breakfast and the wifi too, I forwarded your comments to our general manager and the relevant departments.

Indeed, since the opening of the DLR, the commute to the city or the Docklands area is improved a lot, and offers a short journey time which is very convenient.

Again, thank your for your valuable comment, and I hope to see you again in the future!

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express London-Limehouse

Reviewed March 18, 2014

I've stayed In Holiday Inns all over the world and this dump has to be the worst. Its no better than a B&B Travelodge but at a vastly inflated room rate. Plain rooms, awful breakfast, £10 to park if you're first come. Dreadful place, never,ever again.

Room Tip: Avoid at all costs
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
ExLimehouse, Manager at Holiday Inn Express London-Limehouse, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2014

Dear Floyd55

Thank you for submitting your review following your stay at Holiday Inn Express Limehouse. I was disappointed to read that you did not have the best of experiences which was punctuated by the price you paid. I would like to point out that the price of the hotel is driven by demand in the local area and we always encourage guest to book in advance so as to take full advantage of discounted rates.

I would be very appreciative if you would contact me directly so I can get more information about your stay so that I can endeavour to go some way in recovering your experience: Damien.lehoste@redefinebdl.com.

I do hope you take me up on this offer.

Yours Sincerely,

Damien Le-Hoste

Reviewed March 18, 2014

The breakfast was strong and included. The internet was complimentary, the price was very good, the location was convenient to central London without costing like it was and the staff was very helpful

Room Tip: The views are only acceptable on one side of one of three corridors. Give up the dream of a view.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
ExLimehouse, Duty Manager at Holiday Inn Express London-Limehouse, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2014

Dear KeithFromSLC,

Thank your for taking your time commenting on your recent stay in Holiday Inn Express Limehouse Hotel! I am really happy to read that you enjoyed your stay, and I hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed March 10, 2014

We stayed here for two nights in early March.

The hotel is nothing special. We went for a twin room - the beds were firm but not too uncomfortable; there was a small en suite with shower. There was a smell of cigarette smoke in the bathroom periodically as I suspect neighboring guests were smoking in the bathroom and there's nothing to stop it flowing through the bathroom air extraction system. There was a kettle in the room with a limited supply of tea etc.

The wifi is free throughout the hotel but requires you to provide loads of details. Vodafone is fine there so I used that.

There are probably about 30 car spaces which is a lot less than the number of rooms. We didn't have an issue but there weren't that many free spaces. When we booked we were assured there was always plenty of room.

The staff were okay and efficient enough. The cleaning staff were very friendly.

The breakfast, as others have written, is limited. Yogurt, some fruit, cereals, croissant and beans/scrambled eggs/sausages for the cooked breakfast. Bacon would have been nice.

The "lounge" has two sofas so you can't really meet many friends there. There is a small wet bar but I suspect it doesn't do that much business as there's nowhere to sit.

Good location, close the DLR. Two stops to Canary Wharf were there are a few restaurants.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express London-Limehouse, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2014

Dear NickALondon,

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed March 8, 2014

We were met with a very warm welcome, the room was clean and had everything that we needed
Had to pop down for a new toothbrush,now that's a great help.
Breakfast was filling and tasty even had hot food sausages and scrambled eggs,there was plenty too,
Staff were a bit slow to clean the tables, and I felt the tv in the breakfast area was in the wrong place, It was far to low and made the dinners feel uncomfortable to be stared at while eating and trying to watch the morning news,
We went to the Tower of London we walked in along the river it was really nice,local park has very tame squirrels
Parking on site was very handy.
Pillows were uncomfortable and my daughters sofa bed was uncomfortable as it has large springs coming through the mattress
Shower was fab

Room Tip: They are all quite noisy but have double glazing
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Dear Sally P,

Thank you for your thorough review following your stay in Holiday Inn Express Limehouse Hotel! I am really happy to see you've rated us 4 stars!

I am delightened to read that you experienced a warm welcome on arrival, and that you did like our breakfast even though you did not like the layout of the breakfast room. I forwarded your comment to our general manager, and the food and beverage department too!

Thank you for choosing us, and we hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed March 3, 2014

Average hotel if your on a budget, staff are friendly enough and the room was adequate.
The breakfast was nothing special and if you require an evening meal it will consist of a take away delivered from a local company as the hotel do not serve meals.
On the plus side the Hotel is in a good location for getting around London and they do provide Parking

Room Tip: Eat out in the evening
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
ExLimehouse, Duty Manager at Holiday Inn Express London-Limehouse, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2014

Dear tincantat,

Thank you for commenting on your recent stay in Holiday Inn Express Limehouse Hotel!
We hope to see you again in the near future!

Reviewed March 2, 2014

We stayed for 4 nights whilst working near Tower Bridge and chose this hotel due to it's good location with being 5 mins walk to Lime street station (DLR) with the benefit of on site car parking. Reception staff great and very helpful. Several restaurants within easy walking distance, La Figo really nice. Slept really well throughout our stay which is always a bonus.

The breakfast was ok but the cold section was lacking compared to other Holiday Inn Express'.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank aitch1971

Dear aitch1971,

Thank you for commenting on your recent stay in our hotel!

I am really happy to read that you enjoyed your stay! We value our guest's comments very much, I've forwarded you comment to the relevant department regarding the breakfast!

We look forward seeing you again in the near future!