I stayed for 10 nights between 21st Feb - 3rd March after booking as a secret hotel on Price Line (I believe). If you're smart you can work out which hotel you're getting a deal with and the rates I ended up paying were very reasonable for London.
As it's a Holiday Inn Express you can already expect a certain level of satisfaction instead of guessing playing roulette with other hotels.
The first night we were given a different room from requested and unfortunately were not able to swap room because everything was sold out that night. However the next day they were able to switch our room no problem.
The rooms have enough space and a nice enough bathroom. They come with a TV (with free view channels) and there is a place to hang your clothes. Although, It would be nice if there was more space for them as it was a little bit of a struggle for 2 people staying 10 days. You can also request an iron if needed which is nice.
There is free wifi in the hotel but the first few days it wasn't so great. It's not too fast but it works for checking emails and basic websites. Just don't expect to stream anything.
There is also a free breakfast which is nice. They do serve the same thing every single day however and after 10 days it gets pretty bland. Also watch out for the weekend and weekday breakfast times. During the week it cuts off an hour early and one day we missed out on breakfast. The staff during breakfast are all pretty pleasant people and constantly restock the food supply.
The location of the hotel might seem a little out the way for central London but It's only several minutes from Limehouse DLR station. Taking the DLR to Central London is super easy and more pleasant than the tube. The DLR also connects to London City Airport which is extremely convenient if you are flying to and from that location.
The location directly around the hotel is pretty boring, you have to walk a few streets before you find anything worth visiting. I highly recommend taking the DLR (or walking east) to Canary Wharf. It's a major business district in the east end which is really lovely. I enjoyed it more than central London as it's far more relaxing and also really pretty at night. They have several underground shopping malls all connected to each other and lots of places to eat. I recommend Jamie's Italian (Best Lasagne I've ever ate) and Rocket, which is next to James. Both good and reasonably priced.
The DLR is a really simple and easy way to get around the east end and docklands area. Just remember to punch in and out if you have an oyster card!! I also recommend getting a zone 2 pass for your oyster card as paying for a single journey all the time might get expensive.
Overall, I think it was a good hotel with nice and helpful staff throughout.
The only downsides I could see was temperamental wifi, the same breakfast every single day & the rooms seemed to be prone to dust. Hovering rooms more frequently for people with extended stays would be a welcomed idea. Everything else was great and I would stay here again if possible.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Express London-Limehouse hotel, 5 minutes' walk from Limehouse DLR and 5 miles from London-City Airport. The modern Holiday Inn Express London-Limehouse lies just outside the City of London and the Congestion Charge zone in the East London district of Limehouse. It's just a short walk to Docklands Light Railway(DLR) links for 20-minute journeys to central London and London-City Airport. The Holiday Inn Express London-Limehouse's 4 meeting rooms can be tailored to meetings for up to 20 people. You can hop on the DLR train for 5 minutes to Canary Wharf and Bank stations, and get to exhibitions and conferences at ExCel exhibition centre in just 13 minutes. There's wireless Internet throughout the hotel. Drive just 10 minutes to The O2 arena in Greenwich for live music and entertainment. You can buy a London Travelcard to get to the city's sights. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, IHG, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express London-Limehouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express London-Limehouse Hotel London
- Holiday Inn Express London-Limehouse England