We stayed for one night in November to catch up with friends.
We found the room to be unbearably hot (in mid November!) and the fan system was not working. The windows only open about an inch due to being so high up, so that was no help, plus the hotel is on a busy road so open windows makes the room extremely noisy. In the end I took the duvet out of the cover and we slept under that, but the heat still kept waking us up through the night and we slept very badly.
In the morning I went to have a shower and discovered that my towel was covered in about 6-8 dark brown stains as though someone had used it to clean their shoes (at least I hope that was what it was!). It was so bad that when I took it down to show reception the member of staff actually gasped and apologised profusely.
Breakfast was disappointing. The coffee was revolting and lots of the buffet items had run out and were not replaced.
I asked to speak to a manager so that the problems could be resolved. I was told that no manager was available, but the receptionist took all my details and told me that someone would be in touch. No one has ever contacted me. I think this is absolutely appalling customer service.
I was also emailed a feedback form to complete about my stay. I detailed our experience and the questionnaire said that someone would be in touch about my stay. STILL no one has contacted me!
Every hotel can make mistakes which is why I was willing to talk to a manager to resolve the issues. I was very unhappy with my stay with Limehouse Holiday Inn Express, the towel in particular was completely unacceptable. However, I would have preferred to have discussed the issues privately so that they could be resolved rather than write a bad review. But the terrible customer service has left me with no choice since I can see no other way of getting a response.
I expected much better from a reputable company like Holiday Inn. My faith in Holiday Inn in general has been completely shaken and it will make me wary about booking Holiday Inn accommodation again. A huge let down.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Express London-Limehouse hotel, 5 minutes' walk from Limehouse DLR and 5 miles from London-City Airport. The modern Holiday Inn Express London-Limehouse lies just outside the City of London and the Congestion Charge zone in the East London district of Limehouse. It's just a short walk to Docklands Light Railway(DLR) links for 20-minute journeys to central London and London-City Airport. The Holiday Inn Express London-Limehouse's 4 meeting rooms can be tailored to meetings for up to 20 people. You can hop on the DLR train for 5 minutes to Canary Wharf and Bank stations, and get to exhibitions and conferences at ExCel exhibition centre in just 13 minutes. There's wireless Internet throughout the hotel. Drive just 10 minutes to The O2 arena in Greenwich for live music and entertainment. You can buy a London Travelcard to get to the city's sights. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express London-Limehouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express London-Limehouse Hotel London
- Holiday Inn Express London-Limehouse England