“Ok room, plastic surroundings”

Holiday Inn Express London-Limehouse
Ranked #376 of 1,063 Hotels in London
York, United Kingdom
“Ok room, plastic surroundings”
Reviewed November 9, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

The room was ok, recently renovated. But I found the staff a bit wooden and the bar/breakfast room felt a bit cheap. Also I was kept up by the rooms around me having a party. It is quite convenient for London City Airport though if you are travelling with only hand luggage.

Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
ExLimehouse, Manager at Holiday Inn Express London-Limehouse, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Hi CalchasR
Thank you for taking the time to give your frank feedback following you stay with us.We are sorry that you found our staff bit wodden ,well that is not standard of our brand and hotel . We will arrange any neccesssry training reqired for the staff to get better and meet the standard of hotel and brand
Well about breakfast we are working hard on it to improve as it is our top most priority right now, as we understand good start of the day how important good breakfast is .
On the other hand its good that you like our room .We hope you will saty withus infuture and gives our an oppurtunity to serve you better .

Regards

Duty Manager.
M Zeeshan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Reviewed November 7, 2013

I stayed in the hotel for around 2 weeks, My feedback is as below
1. Breakfast - The breakfast was average with very limited options for vegetarians, so if you are vegetarian better not to prefer this hotel
2. The cleanliness in the rooms were good, however their were smelling carpets while my way to the reception from my room
3. Conveyance - The hotel is conveniently located near the Limehouse station with good connectivity inside the city

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Greeted by a very unfriend male Asian staff at reception, and then entered the tiny room.

Uncomfortable bed. Very noisy, can hear other people talking easily.

Followed with the poor quality break fast.

Two choice of sausages,
Egg,
Baked beans

No bacon, no mushroom.

Orange juice and apple juice.

Definitely will not visit again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
ExLimehouse, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express London-Limehouse, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Dear Superherolin

Thank you for taking the time to give your frank feedback following you stay with us. I'm sorry that you did not have a favorable experience - with regards to the breakfast: this is something that we are trying to get just right. We have listened to many pieces of feedback from guests and we are dedicated to making it better, not only as a hotel, but also as a brand. With regards to the unfriendly team member - I would very much appreciate if we could have an offline conversation so that I can investigate this further. We pride ourselves on customer service at Limehouse so if there is a team member development need I definitely like to identify it.

I hope that we can go some way to restore you faith in our hotel so I very much look forward to hearing from you: dlehoste@redefinehotels.com

Yours Sincerely,
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 25, 2013

Stayed here recently on a business trip. Just the usual standard with limited service, but the staff makes the difference.
They are very welcoming, cheerful and talkative. I would like to nominate Tibor who is excellent in customer service. He was very helpful, and he run the extra mile. He was very informative about getting around in London, thankfully his advises saved me a lot of time in my tight schedule, and arranged a transport to the airport too.
Will definitely come back in the future.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Stayed for one night on business in September 2013. It kept me near Canary Wharf where I was working. Staff nice, hotel clean but very basic. WiFi was poor. Breakfast was depressing. Rooms exactly the same as any other express hotel, but actually felt smaller. Walking distance to the DLR.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
ExLimehouse, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express London-Limehouse, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Dear pmooneynet

Thank you for your review following your stay at London Limehouse. I'm dissapointed that you found the breakfast depressing and that the wifi was slow - we are still trying to get the breakfast offering just right so please bare with us - also, we are waiting (with baited breath) for fibreoptic to launch in our area (roll on January!)

We are aware that there are so many options for rooms in this area and, especially in close proximity to Canary Wharf so we are really happy that you choose Limehouse and I hope you continue to.

Thanks once again,

Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Holiday Inn Express Limehouse did not fully meet my expectations. Hotel has both pros and cons.

Hotel is near Limehouse metro station which is located on DLR line. From metro station you need to walk 5 minutes to reach hotel. If you visit London for touristic purpose, I wouldn't recommend this location. DLR line is not near touristic attractions and you need to change line every time. I spent most of my time near South Kensington, Victoria, Westminister, Piccadilly Circus, Leicester Square, Covent Garden, St. Paul's, Oxford Circus, Knightsbridge stations and I recommend staying closer to these locations.

Hotel offers one of the most limited breakfasts I have ever had. In the breakfast I haven't found cheese, olive, Nutella, and even honey! On the other hand you can find sausage, scrambled egg, marmalade, butter, yogurt, croissant. Unfortunately breakfast was very disappointing for me.

On the contrary, positive points are the following. Although it wasn't mentioned, hotel provides free internet connection which works properly throughout the building. Staff has positive approach and I haven't experienced any negative attitude. Bathroom was very clean and tiles very shining. I still find curtain of the shower cabinet irritating though. Size of the room was fair enough. There was no safe box in the room but you can use private safe in the reception and take your key.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
msumengen

Thank you for submitting this review following your stay at Holiday Inn Express London Limehouse. I'm sorry that you didn't find our location to be as central as you would have liked - you are right that the more centrally located touristic areas of London are not on our door step but Limehouse benefits from being fantastically connected to the centre of town and all of the areas you mentioned are reachable within 25 minutes. Secondly, I'm sorry that our FREE breakfast didn't meet with your expectations - in honesty, this is a working project and we are listening to our guest so that we can get it just right - please bare with us. I'm so happy that you took full advantage of our FREE WIFI and that all other aspects of your stay were satisfactory - I will share these comments with our team. Once again, I thank you for the feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future

Warm thanks,
Jena
Reviewed October 19, 2013

HI-Express Limehouse is a good location for a short city trip. Quick accessable via London City Airport and only 5 min. away from Bus / Train station.
City center is also reachable by walking along the Thames within 45-60 min.
Rooms are large enough and clean. The double-bed size is a little bit small, therefore it can be better to choose a room with two single beds.
We would choose this hotel again for our next stay in London.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Dear wrietz62

Thank you for your review following your stay at Holiday Innn Express London Limehouse. I'm so happy that you found the distance from the city centre and all it has to offer was to your satisfaction and we're delighted that you would chose to stay here upon your return to London. I will be sure to share your comments with the team.

We anticipate your return to Limehouse in the near future.

Best regards,