“Awesome staff”

Ranked #366 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Awesome staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2013

Stayed here recently on a business trip. Just the usual standard with limited service, but the staff makes the difference.
They are very welcoming, cheerful and talkative. I would like to nominate Tibor who is excellent in customer service. He was very helpful, and he run the extra mile. He was very informative about getting around in London, thankfully his advises saved me a lot of time in my tight schedule, and arranged a transport to the airport too.
Will definitely come back in the future.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Belfast, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

Stayed for one night on business in September 2013. It kept me near Canary Wharf where I was working. Staff nice, hotel clean but very basic. WiFi was poor. Breakfast was depressing. Rooms exactly the same as any other express hotel, but actually felt smaller. Walking distance to the DLR.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
ExLimehouse, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express London-Limehouse, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Dear pmooneynet

Thank you for your review following your stay at London Limehouse. I'm dissapointed that you found the breakfast depressing and that the wifi was slow - we are still trying to get the breakfast offering just right so please bare with us - also, we are waiting (with baited breath) for fibreoptic to launch in our area (roll on January!)

We are aware that there are so many options for rooms in this area and, especially in close proximity to Canary Wharf so we are really happy that you choose Limehouse and I hope you continue to.

Thanks once again,

Istanbul, Turkey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

Holiday Inn Express Limehouse did not fully meet my expectations. Hotel has both pros and cons.

Hotel is near Limehouse metro station which is located on DLR line. From metro station you need to walk 5 minutes to reach hotel. If you visit London for touristic purpose, I wouldn't recommend this location. DLR line is not near touristic attractions and you need to change line every time. I spent most of my time near South Kensington, Victoria, Westminister, Piccadilly Circus, Leicester Square, Covent Garden, St. Paul's, Oxford Circus, Knightsbridge stations and I recommend staying closer to these locations.

Hotel offers one of the most limited breakfasts I have ever had. In the breakfast I haven't found cheese, olive, Nutella, and even honey! On the other hand you can find sausage, scrambled egg, marmalade, butter, yogurt, croissant. Unfortunately breakfast was very disappointing for me.

On the contrary, positive points are the following. Although it wasn't mentioned, hotel provides free internet connection which works properly throughout the building. Staff has positive approach and I haven't experienced any negative attitude. Bathroom was very clean and tiles very shining. I still find curtain of the shower cabinet irritating though. Size of the room was fair enough. There was no safe box in the room but you can use private safe in the reception and take your key.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
msumengen

Thank you for submitting this review following your stay at Holiday Inn Express London Limehouse. I'm sorry that you didn't find our location to be as central as you would have liked - you are right that the more centrally located touristic areas of London are not on our door step but Limehouse benefits from being fantastically connected to the centre of town and all of the areas you mentioned are reachable within 25 minutes. Secondly, I'm sorry that our FREE breakfast didn't meet with your expectations - in honesty, this is a working project and we are listening to our guest so that we can get it just right - please bare with us. I'm so happy that you took full advantage of our FREE WIFI and that all other aspects of your stay were satisfactory - I will share these comments with our team. Once again, I thank you for the feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future

Warm thanks,
Jena
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2013

HI-Express Limehouse is a good location for a short city trip. Quick accessable via London City Airport and only 5 min. away from Bus / Train station.
City center is also reachable by walking along the Thames within 45-60 min.
Rooms are large enough and clean. The double-bed size is a little bit small, therefore it can be better to choose a room with two single beds.
We would choose this hotel again for our next stay in London.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Dear wrietz62

Thank you for your review following your stay at Holiday Innn Express London Limehouse. I'm so happy that you found the distance from the city centre and all it has to offer was to your satisfaction and we're delighted that you would chose to stay here upon your return to London. I will be sure to share your comments with the team.

We anticipate your return to Limehouse in the near future.

Best regards,

Staffordshire
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013

Booked on a reduced rate, so could not fault the price I paid, however, if I had paid the headline rate I would have been unhappy.

The bedroom was great - spacious, clean, comfortable, free wi-fi etc.

The main down side was the communal area where breakfast was served (also the reception and bar area) - this felt like a school canteen due to the chairs/tables, their layout and the lack of any other furnishings to give the room any ambience. The ambience was further destroyed by the large TV showing Sky News.
Breakfast itself was pretty grim - coffee from a machine, juice from a machine, pastries from heated cabinets etc. The pain au chocolat I got must have been in there a week as it was so hard as to be inedible. The croissant was a strange creation that seemed to bear no relation to its French origins. Did not dare try the scrambled egg or sausages!

Room Tip: Avoid rooms at the front of the hotel due to traffic noise
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
ExLimehouse, Manager at Holiday Inn Express London-Limehouse, responded to this review, October 12, 2013
Dear JSchwa1,

Thank you for your review I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the room and wifi but disappointed with the lobby area and quality of your breakfast. We have taken onboard your comments and we will look into areas of making improvement.

Glenrothes, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

At only 2 stops away on the DLR from bank it was perfect for getting to and from the office. Nice quiet room with good heating and cooling and breakfast was well organised in the mornings as well. Staff were friendly and prompt and check-in was quickly processed as was check-out. Great rates as well compared to other hotels in the area.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear David H,

Thank you for your review. Limehouse station is only a short walk which is very handy for guests who wish to stay with us as it is well connected to the centre of London and other parts of the city. We also provide free wi-fi to all guests available throughtout the hotel.

Manchester, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

Firstly, the hotel was in a great location, only a few minutes walk from the DLR station. The staff were extremely friendly and polite, food at breakfast was great and a lot better than anticipated. The room was spotless and cleaned every morning. All in all, no complaints and would happily stay there again if I ever needed somewhere for a short stay in London.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear RobC,

Thank you for your kind words, I am happy to hear that our staff looked after you and your room was nice and clean and that you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast. We hope to see you again should business bring you back towards this part of London.