“Excellent customer service”

Holiday Inn Express London-Limehouse
Ranked #383 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Stayed there for a few weeks when on business a year ago and I always found it pleasant and generally efficient with a real emphasis on customer service.
As a result I booked to stay again this year but made a mistake on the date.
When I tried to book in, Pijush on the desk not only recognised me from a year ago (!) but recognised immediately that there was a problem with the booking and went about trying to solve it. The hotel was completely full, so he rang around all Holiday Inns nearby; when they were either too full or were totally unaffordable, he rang around some local competition and eventually found me a room (good hotel, as well!) just as I was about to give up.
He then arranged for a taxi to take me there as well
Fantastic customer service, which was reflected by other members of the team in a subsequent visit. And it has been consistent across all of my visits.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the road are much better. The road is very busy.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank SteveCBath
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express London-Limehouse

Reviewed May 16, 2013

We booked this hotel because it was cheap. Turns out it was in a perfect spot, It's five minute walk from the DLR station and 15 minutes away from the 02 Arena. The room was clean and tidy and the bathroom was good. If you're looking for a basic, cheap and clean stay this is a good option.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jorja633
ExLimehouse, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express London-Limehouse, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2013

Dear Jorja633,

Thank you for your review. We are pleased that you found the hotel
to be in a Convenient location for your visit.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights, the Hotel was not what I expected at all ! Firstly, NO suites to upgrade to, and I asked about this when booking and no one told me otherwise and the room was less than basic, not clean as both beds had previous guests hairs in them and the pillows too and the shower was disgusting with rust and mould, the uplight was dangerous with wires exposed... and as for the breakfast which resembled a 'canteen' and the staff were appalling! The beakers were stacked on wet unclean trays, wet rims and a total hygiene issue,The de brassage trolley was something totally unacceptable with an open plastic bag for the waste tied to the side... and the dirty uniformed staff cleared the tables and the buffet by wiping food and crumbs directly from the table and the buffet onto the carpet !!!! I have several photographs of all the above comments... the entrance mat was filthy all of the time. Overall the stay was a total disgrace, the hotel is grossly understaffed with unqualified staff. I could go on and on... I am totally disappointed and felt absolutely appalled with this stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank bellapaixKyrenia
ExLimehouse, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express London-Limehouse, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Dear bellapaixKyrenia

Thank you for forwarding you feedback following your stay at Holiday Inn Express London Limehouse.

I was disappointed to read that your stay with us was less than satisfactory. You have mentioned a number of points that are alarming to me which require further investigation on my part - I would be grateful if you would be so kind as to forward the photos you captured during you stay to me at the hotel: dlehoste@redefinehotels.com so I can take a closer look into what you experienced - also, would you mind advising me of you arrival and departure dates?

I wish to stress that this is by no means a reflection of the kind of service we strive for at HIEX Limehouse. Whilst I’m disappointed you did not have a better stay I am determined to use this feedback to aide further development of team members concerned.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

stayed for a weekend away to see west end show and explore Lodon
from the moment we arrived we found the staff friendly, attentive and very very polite
the room was comfortable and clean, we didn't come for a panoramic view of the city so were not disapointed by the view of the surrounding streets!
car parking was secure under the hotel and i think very cheap for London too.
two minutes walk from the DLR and therefore minutes away from getting around Londons attractions.
we got a taxi which the hotel arranged to get into London on the first afternoon which turned out to be an executive car service which we discovered was no difference in price to a London Black Cab.
on the day we left we were able to leave our car in the car park depite having checked out at no extra cost which effectively gave us another day of exploring.
booked early so even the cost was reasonable

very very impressed

Room Tip: book early to get best prices
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank richyp1974
ExLimehouse, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express London-Limehouse, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

Dear richyp1974,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review about your stay here with us at the Holiday Inn Express - London Limehouse Hotel.

I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and that you were particularly impressed by the teams customer service and attentiveness. Thank you once again for the great comments and I know the team really appreciates your kind words.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Limehouse soon.

Kind Regards,

Libin Thomas
Front Office Manager

Reviewed May 5, 2013

We stayed in a family room with 3 adults for one night in April. Having stayed in several HI Express hotels our expectations were not very high and we booked with the attitude "ah sure fine for one night". We were really pleasantly surprised by the excellent service, assistance and general helpfulness of the staff. The area is really convenient to the DLR station and there are several pubs and restaurants close-by, just ask. The bed was comfortable, the room clean and the buffet better than the usual HI standard. Could imagine a longer stay would be very nice.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank KeemBay

Dear Keem Bay,

Thank You so much for taking the time to write a review about your stay at the Holiday Inn Express London Limehouse Hotel.

Your comments are of a real help to us as they guide us to providing a better service.We as a team at Limehouse strive to give our customers the best possible experience they can have. I do hope you choose to visit us again upon your next visit to London.

Kind Regards,

Libin Thomas

Front Office Manager

Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here with 2 friends over May bank holiday weekend. Modern hotel, conveniently placed near the Limehouse tube stop, clean, welcoming reception staff, basic facilities, adequate breakfast. The sofa bed wasn't the most comfortable and the room was on the small side for 3 adults but the price was reasonable at £128 per night and for a short/cheap stay this is perfect.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank KazDaz01

Thank you for your review. We are pleased that you found the hotel
to be in a Convenient location for your visit during the Bank Holiday Weekend, and our Staff to be welcoming. We value the feed back that you have given to us, and this will be communicated to all the staff

Reviewed May 1, 2013

We stayed 2 nights on the 24th & 25th to attend a concert at the O2. The staff were excellent. Very polite and helpful. We arrived quite late and starving hungry! The receptionist gave us a menu for pizza delivery which was great. The rooms were spotlessly clean and nicely decorated as was the bathroom. The breakfast is ok. Not a massive selection but enough to get you through till lunchtime. I had a room at the back which was very quiet. My daughter and her friend were at the front and they said it was quite noisy with traffic. (Hotel is on a busy road). Very convenient for the DLR and from there on good connections into the City.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for your review. We are pleased that you found the hotel to be in a Convenient location for your visit to the O2 Arena, and that our staff were welcoming.

We welcome your comments with regards to the Cleanliness of your room and the comments regarding the décor.

We Look forward to welcoming you again to stay at the Holiday Inn Express London Limehouse in the near future