“average”

Holiday Inn Express London-Limehouse
Ranked #383 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I stayed here on a Saturday on a cheap deal through hotwire. As a result I paid only half the price. the room was ok (usual comforts and decent shower) and the bed comfortable. My only grumble would be I was unlucky enough to have extremely noisy neighbours-whether that means the walls were thin though I'm not sure. The breakfast was continental and not much choice but since it was complimentary with my room deal I can't complain. Top tip-to get into central London take the DLR train to cannon street and change to Northern line. The DLR Limehouse stop is a 5 min walk away from hotel so convenient enough for central London, also good for Excel.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
ExLimehouse, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express London-Limehouse, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2013

Dear Genevieve W

Thank you for submitting this feedback following your stay at Holiday Inn Express London Limehouse - I'm so happy that you had an enjoyable stay and that you were happy with the fantastic deals still available via Hotwire!

Just one note: The quickest was to get to Central London would be to take the DLR to Bank and change for the Central Line - The DLR doesn't go to Cannon Street unfortunately - just want avoid any confusion with fellow Tripadvisors :)

I have noted you comments about the noisy neighbours - I do apologise. Whilst the walls are by no means paper thin I will speak to the night team to monitor night noise on their nightly walks.

Thanks once again, I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express London-Limehouse

Reviewed February 24, 2013

My husband, myself and our ten year old son have just come back from a weekend here. Our room was comfortable, a double bed and a pull out settee for our son. Tea and coffee making facilities were available, hair dryer, shampoo and shower gel. Not much in the way of a wardrobe, just a few hangers which we had to share between us. This was ideally situated for us as we went there for the London Super Comic Con, which I must say was Amazing!!
There is a DLR station about a 5 min walk away which will take you to Bank and then all other tube connections.
Breakfast consisted of a choice of cereals, fruit and a cooked breakfast option which consisted of sausage, scrambled eggs and beans. Toast was available along with fruit juices and tea and coffee. The room was very clean and tidy and staff were very helpful. I would definitely recommend it to a friend.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
ExLimehouse, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express London-Limehouse, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Dear Evans09

Thank you for sending this review after your stay at Limehouse. I'm pleased that you enjoyed our breakfast !! You are rignt, the hotel is conveniently located making both Excel and Bank tube stations accessible and we are also 5 minutes away from the DLR station.

There is much choice out there when it comes to looking for lodging so we are particularly happy that you choose London Limehouse - and we very much look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Warm Thanks

Reviewed February 19, 2013

Stayed in the Holiday Inn Express for two nights, Friday and Saturday in January and was very pleased. This hotel is in zone 2 travel card and only 5 minutes from the DLR stop, Also when coming out of the DLR you can turn left and walk down through a precinct to the river where there is a restaurant on the river called The Narrow and a pub owned by Ian Mackellen, this will be a nice walk in summer. The hotel itself was spotlessly clean and offered a good selection for breakfast which was included in the price. The rooms war spacious, beds comfy, TV available with tea and coffee making facilities. The reception staff is very helpful and have take away menus behind the desk, as they do not serve evening meal, the Chinese is good. As this was a Holiday inn Express I was only expecting basic and was pleasantly surprised at how comfortable this hotel was and is defiantly on my list as good one to stay at for future visits

Room Tip: Had a room over a side street very quiet
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Simmaggs

Thank you for writing this review after your stay with us. We are so pleased that you had a comfortable stay. We are particularly proud of our local area (which sometimes can be maligned) - and just one correction: The Narrow is owned by Gordon Ramsey and not Sir. Ian McKellan - Sir Ian McKellan owns The Grapes about 5 moinutes up the road from The Narrow... Just wanted to set that straight :)

Whilst we are a budget entry hotel we pride ourselves on offering service that is not defined by ranking or market entry so that what makes your review all the more gratifying.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

Stayed as part of a show & stay deal. Good first impression, bright & shiney reception & warm welcome from friendly staff at desk. (one even came to the rescue with plasters when managed to cut myself shaving). Room was quite large, with a modern feel to it. Clean, comfortable & quiet despite the heavy traffic outside & cement works for neighbours. The bathroom was spotless & shower perfect! Breakfast was included. Overall, would say for a one or two night stay would happily recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013

Dear Faaarmerboy

Thank you for taking the time to write this review following you stay at Holiday Inn Express London Limehouse. I so pleased that you enjoyed your stay! The team are really dedicated to making our guests stays memorable and it's truly gratifying that you have had a great experience.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future !!

Warm Thanks

Reviewed February 4, 2013

We wanted a London hotel near to the O2 and our only criteria was that it should be clean and have the basic neccessary comforts. We noticed from other comments that people were maybe expecting a little too much from an express overnight accommodation such as fridges ...yes fridges and were expecting five star at three star prices.
In truth the staff we friendly and helpful, the room was clean, check in efficient and the inclusive breakfast more than adequate. Nice touches such as an ice machine in reception (usually only found in the U.S.) and a simple clean room layout were appreciated.
Only negative if more than one night (so my lady wife tells me) is bring your own hairdrier as the room supplied version only blew cold air.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
ExLimehouse, Manager at Holiday Inn Express London-Limehouse, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2013

Dear Alf C

Thank you very much for taking the time and the trouble to write a Tripadvisor review for Holiday Inn Express London-Limehouse.

We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible. We would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts, and hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future. I will certainly share your comments with the team who I know will be delighted to hear that their efforts have been recognised.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us here at Holiday Inn Express London-Limehouse.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

This hotel was very basic. The service wasn't too bad. The breakfast was very mediocre/disgusting and be sure to take your own outlets if you are traveling from another coutnry. We originally booked a room with two beds since there were two of us. We walked into the "Priority Club" room, which we were told was the best room that they give PC members. Upon arrival, we found ourselves in a small room with a full/queen sized bed with a sofa bed that had no bedding whatsoever. This hotel is located in a decent area, although at night it looks a little shady. It is next door to a concrete mixing company (they don't make noise at night, which was good) and it is close to the Limehouse DLR. For the price we paid (which was more than a Crowne Plaza) I was dissapointed in the upkeep of the hotel. The carpet needs to be replaced everywhere. Oh, and make sure to put your Do Not Disturb sign up on the door or else when house keeping comes in and sees that you're sleeping, they will actually call the room to make sure you don't want room service.

Only stay here if you have no other options or are looking for the basic necessities.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends

Dear SMarie_21

We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible. Nevertheless, we are sorry our hotel and location did not live up to your expectations. Though we would prefer you had a better experience, we would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts, and hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

My husband booked this for a surprise weekend away and was really just used as a base between days. We didn't arrive till late in the evening after seeing a show, and I was looking forward to relaxing in the room. The staff were pleasant at reception, but I was a little disappointed with the room, are room was on a busy main road and the window had been left open all day and so the room was freezing(during the snow period) even with the window closed you could here the traffic, my husband had decided that he would just pack a toothbrush and some underwear for me and didnt think I would need anything else!! I was disappointed that the room didnt have shampoo and conditioner or even toothpaste that you expect to have when you go to a hotel. The room only had a shower when a bath would have been really nice after all the walking we had done.
They had complimentary tea and coffee, but no hot chocolate or biscuit was provided that you usually get(we dont drink tea and coffee, it would be nice for an alternative) There was a good selection of things for breakfast that you could help yourself to, although i would say the sausages were of a cheap quality. Overall, it was ok, but very no frills!!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
ExLimehouse, Manager at Holiday Inn Express London-Limehouse, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

Dear Holly C

We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible. Nevertheless, we are sorry our hotel did not live up to your expectations. Though we would prefer you had a better experience, we would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts, and hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future. I will certainly share your comments with the team who I know will be delighted to hear that their efforts have been recognised.