Malmaison London
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$271
$231
Pullman
  • Restaurant
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
$175
The Belgrave(London)(Great Value!)
$160
$131
  • Bar/Lounge
London House Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
$96
$75
$157
$125
$459
$444
1,684 results
All reviewscharterhouse squarebarbican tube stationsmithfield marketquiet squareclub roomlovely hotelst paulsbuilding workwalk in showerstandard roommini barreception staffcooked breakfastcoffee machinegreat showercomfy bedlovely room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Stayed here as wanted a base in the City overnight for a friend's 50th. Totally surpassed my expectations on every level. From the minute we arrived the setting is beautiful, the hotel is set back in a lovely square like a little oasis in the middle of London.

The staff were fantastic, couldnt have been more helpful and we had a beautiful room overlooking the square with separate sitting room. Sadly we couldnt' eat in the restaurant in the evening as had plans but did go to the bar for a drink which was fun and buzzing.

Breakfast was amazing, the choice was fantastic and again the service was superb. Will most definitely be staying again when I'm up in town and can highly recommend the hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dean M, General Manager at Malmaison London, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at London Malmaison.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your time with us.

On behalf of all the team at Malmaison we look forward to welcoming you back in the future for a bit more MAL life.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

Stayed here with my boyfriend for his birthday weekend , nice room, bathroom , big bed, close to tube within 5 mins walking distance.
Only thing it could of had was a dressing gown but other than that very good , big fan of the malmaison hotels.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dean M, General Manager at Malmaison London, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at London Malmaison.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your time with us and next time you stay I would be happy to provide dressing gowns. Please email me to arrange this dmadge@malmaison.com

Reviewed October 2, 2012

I have stayed here a few times and I am never disappointed. The beds are comfortable with good linen the room sizes are just right for a city stay and all are tastefully decorated. Breakfast is good with a cooked option. The restaurant in the evening is also good cannot fault it - only wish the pillows were better.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Dean M, General Manager at Malmaison London, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at London Malmaison.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your time with us. Please let me know what type of pillows you would like and I will arrange these in your accommodation moving forward. My details are dmadge@malmaison.com

Reviewed October 1, 2012

Booked this as I wanted a nice hotel to stay in while spending a rare weekend in London with a friend. I have stayed in a few Mal's elsewhere before so sort of knew what to expect.

Booked the weekend deal so it came to a very reasonable amount for our room, a cocktail each and breakfast included.

On arrival the desk staff were extremely helpful and friendly - (trying to make us feel better about how lost we had managed to get on the 2 minute walk from the tube even when armed with a map).

We had a standard twin room and it was nicely decorated - not huge but I don’t think I have stayed in a hotel in London with a huge room yet.
After getting ready for our night out we headed downstairs for our cocktail and were given complimentary nuts to enjoy with our yummy cocktails.

The beds were comfy and the hotel was an easy walk back late at night and the area around the hotel feels safe late at night.

The next morning we headed for breakfast and its where we were let down a tad. We were seated and then left after half an hour had to ask someone passing if we could order our breakfast, tea and toast. The lady who took our order (although clearly wasn’t meant to be looking after the section we were sitting in) warned us it may take a while to cook which we said was fine but it arrived fairly swiftly. She even brought us some extra toast as we had eaten the first batch in the wait. When it arrived we asked the gentleman who had seated us for some tomato sauce and then after 5 minutes when it hadn't arrived and it was clear he had forgotten we asked the same poor woman who brought it straight away. As we were finishing we heard the table next to us say that they had been waiting for 40 minutes to place their order with the same person who hadn't served us promptly. It was busy but the others seemed to be coping and he seemed a little overwhelmed.

On check out the person at reception was very friendly and gave us some yummy cakes as a parting gift.

Stay would have been 5 out of 5 but for the breakfast slowness - luckily we had time for a leisurely breakfast.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Dean M, General Manager at Malmaison London, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at London Malmaison.

I was delighted to read that overall you enjoyed your time with us and I apologise for the breakfast service.

Next time you stay in London please contact me so I can offer you complimentary breakfast so you can enjoy this experience as it's meant to be delivered.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

What an amazing weekend we both had, the hotel and staff were just perfect, the staff were very plesant and helpful and made us feel very welcome, it was a lovely surprise to find an anniversary card and cocktail vouchers from the staff in our room, a really nice touch!! Breakfast was lovely and set us up for the day to explore, we will definately reccomend to our friends and family and hopefully be back real soon!!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dean M, General Manager at Malmaison London, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at London Malmaison.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your time with us and it was our pleasure to help you celebrate your ten year anniversary.