“Ten year wedding anniversary”
Review of Malmaison London

Malmaison London
Ranked #246 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed September 27, 2012

What an amazing weekend we both had, the hotel and staff were just perfect, the staff were very plesant and helpful and made us feel very welcome, it was a lovely surprise to find an anniversary card and cocktail vouchers from the staff in our room, a really nice touch!! Breakfast was lovely and set us up for the day to explore, we will definately reccomend to our friends and family and hopefully be back real soon!!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dean M, General Manager at Malmaison London, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at London Malmaison.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your time with us and it was our pleasure to help you celebrate your ten year anniversary.

On behalf of all the team at Malmaison we look forward to welcoming you back in the future for a bit more MAL life.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

fantastic hotel, great bar ,great breakfast. Arrived earlier than check in but that was not a problem and the rooms were sorted ASAP. Room was fantstic, good size and good size bathroom. Love the body lotions etc. Room had everything we needed eg ironing board, hair dryer and even shoe pollish.
Bar staff friendly giving advice on where to go etc
Will definatly be there again soon (hopefully)

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dean M, General Manager at Malmaison London, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at London Malmaison.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your time with us.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Recently stayed at Malmaison in Clerkenwell for 1 night and although beautifully decorated I was appalled by the shocking lack of decent room service which we ordered at 12pm simply a cheese toast and bacon toast and instead an hour later it still had not arrived so we called to cancel it and told no charge etc Then as we are falling asleep it arrives and is plonked in our room by a man who does not even appear to work there. It was also the wrong order. We complained again and this time were told our stay cost would be reduced however this never happened. Really did not expect such poor service from what I had thought was a well establised brand. Will not be staying again or recommending and really employees at reception need to learn to be way more considerate of complaints by paying customers.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at London Malmaison.

I would be grateful if you could contact me so I can resolve the issue you experienced with room service.

My contact details are dmadge@malmaison.com

Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

Our stay here for our wedding anniversary was made so special by the fairly new manager, Dean Madge, and his staff, from a complimentary room up-grade, to complimentary fizz and cocktails in the bar! Best part was several staff took the opportunity to wish us 'happy anniversary', from check-in to bar waiter. How nice. And a personal card in the room from the manager. It's touches like this that make, certainly this Malmaison, stand out from the rest. So clean everywhere, and I'm fastidious. Breakfast service, in particular, is attentive and delicious - a proper table service, not all this buffet nonsense. Great start to the day!
Many thanks to all concerned!

• Stayed: September 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at London Malmaison.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your anniversary with us. It was our pleasure to provide a couple of cocktails for you both to celebrate.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

We stayed for two nights, staff were lovely and welcoming. Nothing was too much trouble. The room was nice , clean and spacious, with everything you need
The manager even paid us a visit to check we were comfortable.
Great hotel!

• Stayed: August 2012
Dean M, General Manager at Malmaison London, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at London Malmaison.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your time with us.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

There was a group of 6 of us Staying at the hotel to celebrate a family graduation in the barbican so location was absolutely perfect, close to the train station an the barbican itself couldn't have asked for a better hotel.
Having always stayed at the Mal in belfast I was looking forward to seeing how the London Mal compared, first impressions were good front of house staff were polite checked in easily, went up our rooms, I was a little disappointed the rooms were a lot smaller and there was damp patches on the wall, the bathroom was also not as nice I had a shower over a bath where as in Belfast they have fantastic power showers but I can't keep comparing, overall the room was clean and tidy, shame about the view as I had a side window that didn't have a too great a view,
Glad the room had air con as this came in handy, corridors were very stuffy as others have mentioned.
Rooms were cleaned nicely while we were out,
Now what actually made my weekend were the bar staff and the waiting staff, I couldn't have asked for 2 nicer guys I only wish I had taken their names.
We had the same waiter on sat and Sunday morning he was lovely, so attentive and friendly and really made time to speak to us, even when he finished his shift on the Sunday as we're leaving he stopped outside to speak to us before going home, wish I knew his name( he lives in Stratford I know that)
We didnt get to the bar till late on Sat evening as we went to watch a show but the barman was brilliant he made me my own special Indian summer cocktails please tell him, thank you, :)
These two guys could show front of house a thing or two with their hospitality
Had a great weekend, thanks very much I'd certainly stay again if there were more offers available.

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at London Malmaison.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your time with us and I will share your comments with the bar team.

We have never had a comment regarding damp in the bedrooms and I have asked our maintenance team to check all our rooms. Our standard rooms can be a little "cosy" please let me know if you stay again and I will happily make sure you are allocated a more spacious bedroom.

Reviewed September 22, 2012

Stayed just one night in this hotel. Staff very friendly and pleasant. Room a little cramped in terms of floor space but had everything we needed. Only negative comment is the mirrors are not positioned in convenient places for ladies wishing to apply their makeup with any chance of success so take your own magnifying mirror! Very comfy if firm bed and no outside noise at all. We had a room at the back of the hotel so Would be worth requesting that. We were actually able to have the window open as it was a bit warm for our liking and were not woken in the morning. Didn't have the breakfast. The cocktail bar in the basement had a good buzz about it and the staff are pleasant and accommodating. Not cheap however. Will go back when next need to be in Smithfield area.

Room Tip: Request a room at the back of the hotel for a good nights sleep.