The Fox & Goose Hotel
Rosewood London(London)
$559
$416
1,104 results
All reviewswembley stadiumhanger lanecentral lineadjoining pubfresh milknice pubminute walktube stationsuperior roommain roadbusy roadeasy accesslovely roomcomfy bedexcellent staywould stay againvisit london
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Me and family stayed at this Hotel for one night for a party, and the experience couldn't have been better. We were welcomed politely and had a good natter with the staff as soon as we entered. The rooms were A*** class with perfect heating and lighting. The beds couldn't have been comfier, and the bathroom facilities were great. The garden/outside seating area was beautiful, with plenty of plants, flowers and shrubs in bloom to create an eden like setting. The bar/restaurant was beautifully layed out with pleanty of space to get around, and more than enough comfortable seating in all different shapes and sizes to suit anybody's fancy/needs. The decor was amazing, every attention to detail was perfect and the food was beyond mouth watering. The breakfast service was quick, polite, helpful and very attentive. The breakfast meals were stunning, every bite was perfect as a first morning meal. Overall, I would highly reccommend this Hotel, Bar & Restuarant, and will definitely come back!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Steven M
Reviewed March 11, 2013

I stayed here for two nights in March with my parents and grandmother, we had a superior double room and twin room, both on the top floor where all of the rooms have been redone. The beds were really comfortable, (new I think!) and the decor was very modern but with a luxurious feel to it. The bathrooms were spotless with a huge bath and powerful shower in our room, and a large walk in shower in my parents room. The complimentary items were lovely and of high quality.
The staff were great and really friendly, they took the time to greet us each time we were through reception and were quick to replace a lamp for us when one was not working.
We had breakfast in the pub each morning which was really lovely! You could choose from continental which was a great selection, then you could have either a smaller breakfast of either bacon and egg, omelette, and another option; or you could have a full English breakfast (veggie option available). The staff were great and kept topping up our tea and toast all morning!
This hotel was brilliant for what we needed, free car parking, hanger lane tube station about a 5 minute walk away and really comfortable and cosy rooms after a busy few days visiting family in central London!
We have previously used the Ramada in Ealing which we have never had a problem with, however you have to pay for parking there whereas it is free in the Fox and Goose and the rooms are a lot more comfortable and appealing. It is also far less noisy than the Ramada as it is on a quieter road off Hanger Lane, and traffic noise was non existent in the Fox and Goose.
Cannot Fault!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank HanWills89
Fox_Goose_Manager, General Manager at The Fox & Goose Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2013

Thank you for your 5 stars HanWills89. Great that you had a good time. Thanks for all your kind words which I'll pass on to the team and we're really pleased you like our free car park. Hope to see you again.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

My husband and I really enjoyed our stay at the fox and & goose. The beds were really comfortable, the showers were the size of a bathtub and the complementary soaps were super fancy! The rooms were well equipped and there was added bonuses of hot chocolate cadbury sachets instead of the same old tea and freeze dried coffee. I thought it was also pretty cool that the hotel vending machines had 75cl bottles of wine. Parking and internet were both free which is extremely hard to find in London.

While we really enjoyed this place and it was excellently priced (£68 for 1 night), I am giving it 4 stars opposed to 5 as it was not located in an area that was particularly safe or interesting.

Overall this is an excellent hotel and I would highly recommend for visitors who like a quality hotel at a very reasonable price.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Morganagh

Thank you so much Morganagh for letting us and the readers of Trip Advisor that you enjoyed your stay and especially the 'fancy soap' and 'hot chocolate'!! The vending machine also dispenses bottles of champagne!! See you again, I hope.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

I stayed here for one night and have found a "little gem" on an otherwise not very interesting Hangar Lane. I needed a dog friendly hotel, and London doesn't have too may of them, and it certainly is dog friendly. I had two terriers with me and they didn't bat an eye lid when I asked if I could bring two dogs with me for my stay which was the first plus point. Another plus point came at check in. Because I was bringing two dogs, I asked if I could have (a) a downstairs room if possible and (b) a room with enough floor space to put a large cage in for the dogs to sleep in. When I checked in we had been given a family room downstairs to make sure we had enough space. The room was large, very clean and extremely comfortable. We had a quick bite in the pub and the food was good with a good range of wines and beers and also breakfast in the morning. The breakfast, on the face of it, seemed a little pricey but to be honest turned out to be good value. It wasn't a hot buffet like most hotels are these days, it was cooked fresh and the order taken at your table by a very nice gentleman. The continental breakfast was a help yourself buffet as would be expected. While ordering breakfast my daughter (who wasn't staying but had come to join us for breakfast) and I were on the internet trying to get Beyonce tickets (we like millions of others were unsuccessful!) and because we were out of the restuarant when the breakfast arrived it was taken back into the kitchen to be kept warm and when we were ready to eat when the food was returned to the table they had made fresh eggs for us - and not batting an eyelid when my daughter apologised for not saying that she preferred scrambled eggs instead of fried. Nothing was too much trouble. Free wi-fi and free car parking too.
Will DEFINITELY stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Couldn't find fault for the price paid. Have paid more in London and not been so satisfied.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Tracey W
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Stayed her for 2 nights a weekend in February. I absolutely cannot fault this hotel. It was exactly what we needed for this trip. Our brief was a hotel in north London, near a tube station with parking.
Really pleased to have found this one.
The room was clean and well appointed, although not luxurious, It had everything one needed.
The staff were consistently courteous and helpful.
We ate in the restaurant on night and I was very pleasantly surprised to find it was not mass produced 'chain pub' ( freeze/ reheat) food. The menu was interesting and our choices were excellent in taste and presentation. With the major bonus of some really excellent beer on tap. The bar area of the pub was busy with a good atmosphere. The restaurant area was divided off to enable a pleasant evening dining experience.
Breakfast was fantastic, a good range and plenty of it! We were able to have enough breakfast so we needed not to think of lunch and could keep sightseeing all day!
Our waiter at breakfast was polite, attentive and perfect in every way. I wish I had gotten his name as he needs personal commendation and recognition for his job well done.
The tube station was probably almost 10 mins walk. There are nearer hotels to stations but this one is worth that little stroll. We would have no hesitation in repeating this trip. Driving to Wembley and getting the tube in, allowed more flexibility and was cheaper than getting the train all the way and staying centrally. For us it was a great London break and we will be back!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank 401Jen
Fox_Goose_Manager, General Manager at The Fox & Goose Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2013

Dear Jen

Thank you so much for letting us know how your recent stay here went. The team and I strive to make everyones visit here memorable and excellent value for money. We are really lucky to offer Fullers ales at our bar.Its always good to hear that the chefs efforts are appreciated. I will pass your compliments on to the team and look forward to seeing you here with us again.

Julian