“Lovely hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Clayton Crown Hotel
Ranked #432 of 1,089 Hotels in London
“Lovely hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2014

We chose the hotel blind as it is close to Lords cricket ground. Lovely hotel and excellent rooms. I had a problem with the air conditioning in my room but the management sorted it out and offered me an alternative room. They were efficient and friendly and we would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Chiswick_Moran, General Manager at Clayton Crown Hotel, responded to this review, July 5, 2014
Dear TimGPoundbury,

As I'm sure you noticed we had a lot of guests staying with us for the cricket as we are so close to Lords.

I'm glad we were able to sort out your one small issue so efficiently and pleased that you enjoyed your stay.

Josh Cameron

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (229)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Newton Le Willows, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2014

Wasn't sure about stopping in cricklewood but if I go to london will stop there again. It's easy enough to get to the smoke if you want to do the London stuff, but cricklewood has so many restaurants which are so cheap. Had breakfast in the crown Moran which was nice. The bed was so comfy had a really good sleep. The staff made you feel special. There was a pool and fitness centre which I didn't use.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sandra H
Dear Sandra H,

It great to hear that you are another of the converted and found our location to be convenient for Central London.

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and it's great that our staff made you feel special.

We look forward to seeing you again.

Doncaster, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here last weekend with my 8 year old son. Quite a trek from Kilburn Tube Station but a pleasant walk if your not in any rush. Chose this hotel as it wasn't far from Wembley Stadium as we were going to a concert in the evening. Reception staff greeted you with a warm friendly welcome, unfortunately we were not able to check in any earlier which was fine, dumped the cases then headed out for the afternoon. Came back later on in the afternoon and checked in without any problems, headed upto the room (650) and was pleasantly surprised to find we were given a suite which was huge!! (Slightly big for me and my 8 year old) but hey ho it was a nice surprise!!
The room was very clean although I would say slightly dated (lots of dark wood). Massive modern bathroom with his & her sinks, large bath with overhead shower. The bed was very comfy and soft pillows. My only niggle with the room was I couldn't find a plug socket meAr the dressing table to plug my straighteners in. But then again in my experience with hotels you always tend to find this problem!
We had a Sunday lunch in the pub attached to the hotel which was beautiful!. Irish waitress who was really friendly and made a huge fuss of my son.
I chose this hotel for its location and would stay there again!

• Stayed June 2014
Dear 470Kate,

Thank you so much for your kind review.

I am so pleased that you and your son had a pleasant stay with us and especially so that you enjoyed your Sunday lunch with side order of Irish hospitality.

It great to read that would stay with us again and hope you do soon.

Bromham, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2014

The hotel is well placed for local access and is of a good standard environment with well trained and attentive staff (except for chambermaids etc.).
I was booked in by my company so that I could spend two days at a conference nearby.

parking was relatively easy, although the passage down was rather cramped for Jaguar car.

reception was friendly and efficient. Then I reached my room......

the smell of stale tobacco was terrible. I had a sore throat for two days following. As I said before, such a pity since the room was perfectly ok. As I told the reception manager on check out, the room staff should have done something about it and it would pay to install smoke detectors to stop inconsiderate smokers from disobeying the house rules.

The restaurant , whilst giving good staff service , produces the most awful food from a pathetic quasi oriental menu. Would not eat there again.
The bar is massive, uninviting and noisy; a bit like drinking on the concourse of a railway station.
Again a pity as (although the poached eggs were over done) the breakfast was good and my colleagues were well satisfied.

The management needs to take stock: they have the right facility which lacks any quality.

Room Tip: no road noise on 5th floor if at the front.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Joe90point5
Dear Joe90point5,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments as all constructive criticism is welcome.

I am very sorry to read that your room smelt of smoke upon your arrival. As you mention, the hotel is entirely non-smoking and in fact all of the rooms are fitted with smoke detectors. Sadly this does not stop irresponsible guests from covering them to smoke. I do wish you had mentioned this immediately rather that at check out as we would have immediately rectified this.

I was surprised by your comments regarding the quality of food in our Pan Asia Restaurant as this is certainly not in common with the experience of the vast majority of our guests. I'm sure our Burmese, Senior Chef in Pan Asia and his all Asian team will be equally disappointed at your suggestion of in-authenticity, however I recognise that we cannot be all things to all people and am sorry that you did not enjoy your meal.

Lastly I am slightly confused by your description of our bar as "uninviting and noisy" - the second of which which I can only assume is because it was busy with lots of other people finding it more than inviting. As many other reviewers mention, our Crown bar is popular with not only hotel guests but also locals (always a good sign I think,) but once again I am sorry if it was not for you.

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2014

On arrival at the hotel we were given a room down by the swimming pool,and the only view we had was of the pool itself.The following day we enquired for a removal to a different room which was quickly resolved.Above all the hotel entrance and reception area is very nice,and the both rooms we had used are of a very high standard and we'll worth the money we paid.If this hotel had been located nearer to the centre of London then our short break would have been complete instead of 99%

Room Tip: Room 46 has a view of the swimming pool....and the hint of chlorine.114 has a single and double bed...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Tcaz_12
Dear Tcaz_12,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review and I am so pleased that you enjoyed your London break.

I was also happy to read that we were able to accommodate your change of room request. As I have mentioned in my reply to the previous reviewer, we will always try to help guests with any special requests when possible.

Newcastle
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2014 via mobile

This hotel was lovely our room was very spacious and clean and the staff were very hospitable the only slight complaint we had was that our room was overlooking the hotel pool rather than out a window and this also made our room have a distinct smell of chlorine. However everything else was of such a nice standard, we would definitely return!

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Alix W,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. I am so pleased that you found both the hotel spacious and clean as well our staff to be helpful.

When you next stay with us please feel free to request a room away from the pool as we will always accommodate your preference where possible.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2014

I had to be in London for a dinner and was looking for a good value hotel. The Crown Moran is just that. Not in a part of London I was familiar with nor a chain I'd ever heard of before but don't let that put you off. It's about a 10 minute walk to the nearest tube station and the rest of London from there. West end took about 20 minutes, Euston about the same.

Check in was quick and efficient, the main reception area looks modern and has some comfortable seating areas. The lifts were a little confusing, my room was actually a level below reception.

It was a little trek to reach the room, up & down several staircases so not ideal for anyone with any physical difficulties.

My room was large, very large by London standards with all the usual amenities: TV, Hair dryer, Iron & board, Safe Etc.. Good sized shower/bath and some nice toiletries. Good sized comfortable bed too. There is free WiFi throughout the hotel which worked OK.

In a first for me, the only window in the room was at a high level and was actually a view of the indoor swimming pool!

Wake up calls are done by a real person too.

Definitely a hotel to consider if staying in Central London is not essential.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear stomper0161,

I was so pleased to read that we were exactly what you needed for your last minute stay in London.

Thank you for the kind comments and we hope that you keep us in mind for your next visit.