“the craic was good in cricklewood.....”

Clayton Crown Hotel
Ranked #444 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed April 18, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 2 nights. It was quite expensive 125 pounds sterling per night so I think for this rate a pot of coffee in the morning would have been much nicer than a cup ( not hot!). Otherwise the service in the restaurant was excellent. The bedroom and bathroom were quite spacious and spotlessly clean. The bed was so comfy and the linen was top class. I also had a meal in the Pan Asia restaurant. This was excellent and great value. I choose this hotel because it was near where I needed to be. Overall I would recommend it. The number 16 bus takes you into central london (marble arch) in 2O minutes, the bus stop is just. outside the door. Purchase a oyster card and top it up, so much handier than cash.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Michael R, General Manager at Clayton Crown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

Thank you for taking time to review the Crown Moran Hotel - General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,391)

Reviewed April 13, 2013

This hotel was pretty lovely, very classy (jazz music in the foyer) and the on site pub/bar was lovely. We had an en-suite which was nice but the hot water was temperamental. Only a minor tiny thing about the hotel really, other than that I cant fault it. Cricklewood itself isnt so nice and getting into central london involved getting a bus and a tube.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Chrissy S

Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

As someone who lives in London it's a little odd I find myself reviewing a hotel here but I have just stayed at the Crown Moran, in fact I'm still sat in my room as I write this. I booked in sometime after 8 with no problems, lovely receptionist. The point of my trip is a little odd as I've come to lock myself away and write so the room was very important as I'd be spending all my time here. I stocked up on a few supplies and locked myself away in my room for 48hours. Pleasantly surprised to find the free wi-Fi is brilliant, not one hitch. I booked through secret hotels on last minute and cannot recommend enough! I paid just £100 for two nights of absolute peace and quiet. I was disturbed only twice by a very friendly and apologetic room service.
The beds are the perfect mix of soft and hard, the bedding soft, luxurious and inviting. The pillows are plump and soft. I asked for a double bed and found myself in a triple room! Ample space for a lone female guest! The whole room was spotless and the bathroom had everything required... Except toothpaste which I'm sure they'd have provided on request. I was delighted to see they also offer an all night room service menu - the night owl - which was perfect for my needs, they also offer breakfast delivered to the room for a small supplement, just £4 per person, which is a lovely little luxury. I didn't get to sample the bar/restaurant which was a shame as they both looked lovely. No faults and no problems! Although my room did look out to a wall, as I was on the ground floor, I had the curtains shut my entire stay and had no issues with noise or anything.
I would highly recommend.

• Stayed: April 2013

Reviewed April 12, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights as a base for travelling into central London. Perfect location, as we wanted to be further out but not too far out. Kilburn tube station is not close, but a short walk down the high street. Situated in zone 2 and only took max 20mins on tube into central which was ideal. Bus from tube station also stops directly outside the hotel if you did not fancy walking.

The hotel was lovely, clean and our room was very quiet. Went swimming once, pool was quiet but the water was a bit on the cold side and the changing rooms were very small. Lots of cafes, diners, fast food takeaways and bakerys around in the area.

Had a really enjoyable stay and would definitely return

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank suzy236

Reviewed April 9, 2013

We returned to the Crown Moran as on a first visit we had been impressed by the overall standard and good value of the hotel. We were unfortunately disappointed on our second visit. On checking in at the hotel we felt the Duty Manager was lacking in both professional and personal skills and our experience was not a welcoming one. We paid £20 per night to park our car in the underground car park which we felt was rather steep considering the daily room rate charges, Parking in the area around the hotel is difficult and because of the location, we felt not entirely safe. Our room, at the front of the hotel overlooking Cricklewood Broadway, was a good size.The bed was comfortable but the curtains were slightly dingy which detracted from the overall feel of the room. Breakfast was upstairs in the adjoining building to the hotel. The breakfast was cooked to order which was good but extras like cereals, fruits, breads etc were minimal and not particularly attractively set out. Perhaps standards are sliding at the Crown Moran?

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank happyviator

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Stayed at the crown Moran New Year's Eve for a party and had a really nice evening. Good value for money and had breakfast next morning. Staff helpfull and efficient. Rooms clean and presented well. It has been our third stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 5, 2013

We were very disappointed with the location of this hotel as it was a 15 minute walk to the nearest tube station which I would not have wanted to do alone as the area didnt feel very safe. The hotel itself was nice enough but we didn't find the duty manager very welcoming when we checked in, although the other staff did appear more friendly. We did get the room for a very good price but I don't think we would go back again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family