“Nice hotel- Great location -Helpful staff”

Premier Inn London Kensington (Earl's Court) Hotel
Ranked #184 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Thessaloniki, Greece
“Nice hotel- Great location -Helpful staff”
Reviewed August 21, 2010

We just came back from a week trip to London.We stayed at the main building on 5th floor so there was no noise from the underground(I 've insisted on that in my reservation).The price was reasonable(115 euros/night breakfast included).The room was small for a family with 2 teenagers but we knew that from the photos.It was clean but without storage room (that's a problem if you have 3 pieces of luggage).I could open the window so we 've got fresh air without traffic noise.The walls are quite thin.The bathroom was spacious enough. I liked the feeling of security because you had to use your card key to take the lift or even enter the hotel at night.There was A/C that we didn't use because we had 18 degrees.The hotel is in 5 minutes walk from a tube station and near many attractions. There is a big supermarket very near and a great bakery,shops pubs and restaurants(very alive in the evening).The breakfast was adequate but I would like to have ham and cheese also(bacon is heavy for my stomach!).I also would like to have a small fridge in the room.We had dinner there twice and it was great (although you have to wait at least 20 minutes to eat) I didn't like that the morning that we left we had arranged for a taxi to take us to Victoria station and a MPV CAR came( it had no taxi sing) and we payed 22 pounds instead of 12 that we 've paid when we arrived there.So watch the deal you 'll make or arrange your transportation by yourself if you flight early in the morning. Many thanks to Nick(he helped with the electrical problems) who was very polite,Sara during breakfast time was a smiling face and last but not least to our favorite Italian person Barbara (always happy and polite)The other person (Veronica, I think, was a little bit tight).Over all our stay was very pleasant but I think it depends on the room you stay in.Thanks to all stuff!I hope we 'll come back again.

2 Thank lianaharala
kensingtonEC, Manager at Premier Inn London Kensington (Earl's Court) Hotel, responded to this review, August 25, 2010
Thank you for your lovely comments. I am extremely happy to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us. I apologise for the inconvenience caused. Due to school holidays we have lot of families staying with us therefore dinner might have been slow. Thank you for the comments in regards to the friendly and helpful staff in particular Sara, Nick, and Barbara. I will pass on the great comments to them. The hotel is an ideal location with lots of shopping areas and the museum. The tube is also located just a few minutes away from the hotel and piccadilly lines run every 2-3 minutes with easy access to Heathrow Airport. We have a private taxi hire therefore it does not have a taxi sing, alternatively you can always find a taxi outside the hotel. Hoping to see you again

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (458)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Zagreb, Croatia
Reviewed August 17, 2010

Girlfriend and I were staying for four nights. Room was great, staff was exceptional.
Only thing that bothered me is traffic noise. It starts around 0630 so beware.
If you're light sleeper as I am, try using was earplugs. Also, it would be good to bring your own shower cap as there aren't any supplied within the bathroom.
One hint for the hotel management: think about providing extra blanket and some shelves.

So, to summarize it: it's in great location (really near tube station), clean, great staff.

Light sleepers - bear in mind that noise from the street can obstruct your dreams.
If you however decide to stay in this hotel, ask for the room which doesn't face the tube rails.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
kensingtonEC, Manager at Premier Inn London Kensington (Earl's Court) Hotel, responded to this review, August 20, 2010
Thank your for taking your time to respond to tripadvisor in regards to your stay at Premier Inn London Kensington Earls Court. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay. Our hotel is located centrally in a very busy area therefore there is always some kind of noise from the roads. Reception is manned 24 hours therefore any issues or any anything you require in the room needs to be reported immediately so that it can be dealt with. If you have any requests regarding a room please give us a call prior to arrival. Thank you for the kind comments about the staff. Looking forward to welcoming you back soon
Crewe, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 13, 2010

Recently refurbed, represents outstanding value for a family spending a few days in town. There are no other hotels, motels or inns that I know of in London (& I've stayed in a good few) which can offer clean, modern, comfortable B&B accommodation for a family of 4 for less than £40 pppn. This place can. It's a couple of minutes from Earl's Court tube. If I were being picky, the welcome was not all that great (I get the impression they are understaffed), there is a big queue for breakfast after 0830, the rooms are a bit of a squeeze for 4 (but fine for 3 or less) but for 2 or 3 of nights at these prices, I can live with this.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
kensingtonEC, Manager at Premier Inn London Kensington (Earl's Court) Hotel, responded to this review, August 18, 2010
Thank you for your excellent feedback. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the rooms clean and comfortable. We have lots of families staying with us at this period of time particularly during school holidays therefore breakfast is normally very busy as we have kids eat free breakfast and we try our best to get seats for all the guests. I sincerely apologise if you did not find the welcome very happy this maybe due to busy reception and lots of guests waiting to check-in at the same time. Looking forward to welcoming you back soon.
Hartlepool, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 11, 2010

I stayed at the hotel between the 8th and 10th of August 2010 with my wife and two children and thought it was an excellent location with very helpful and friendly staff.
The breakfast was tremendous value for money and only wished i had booked another two days at the time of the original booking.
I would defenitley stay at the hotel again and will recommend it to friends and family.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
kensingtonEC, Manager at Premier Inn London Kensington (Earl's Court) Hotel, responded to this review, August 12, 2010
Hi,
Thank you for taking your time to respond to trip advisor in regards to your stay at Premier Inn London Kensington Earls Court. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your breakfast and also found the staff very helpful and friendly. Thank you for recommending the hotel to others and looking forward to welcoming you back again.
Cardiff
Reviewed August 11, 2010

First the positives about this hotel:

It is in an excellent location being only 200 yards from Earls Court Tube and a variety of shops and restaurants. Both the service we received arriving and leaving was very good as was the buffet breakfast. The hotel is very secure - you cannot access the lift/stairs to the upper floors without a key card.

Now the negatives:

The furnishings and bathroom are quite dated (we were in room 205). The toilet seat wouldn't stay up (not good for males), there was no storage space apart from a few hangars (no shelves at all) and there were definitely some sort of insects in the room, probably in the carpet, as I got bit on both feet. This room and those odd numbers from 201 overlooked the tube line - even with extra glazing you could still hear the trains. For safety reasons you couldn't open the external windows but the internal windows can slide down - a totally pointless exercise as all it does is increases the noise from the trains, as we found out late at night because the cleaners had opened the window slightly.

Would we go back here - probably not unless the rooms are updated and they could guarantee that we wouldn't overlook the tube line. We paid £49 per night which was probably a fair price for this hotel. I most certainly would not consider paying much more than that. We have also stayed in the Premier Inn Kensington Olympia and I would recommend that instead.

Overall probably good value at the price we paid but most certainly not at their normal prices. If you want a basic hotel in a location with easy access to the tube and the museums then this is it. If you want comfort and luxury then this is not for you - maybe try Marriott or Holiday Inn instead.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Thank for your excellent feedback. All the windows are double glazed but there is always a bit of noise. I am glad to hear of your satisfaction around the location and the excellent service in the restaurant. Reception is in operation 24 hours so any issues or problems should be reported to reception so that it is dealt with immediately. You can call the hotel prior to arrival to request a quiet room not overlooking the tube. Looking forward to welcoming you back soon.
Palermo, Italy
Reviewed August 9, 2010

terrible experience!! woke up in the middle of the night with bed bugs crawling all over our body...the bed was full of bugs and blood from the bites we got, even my little daughter's...the staff was very kind but neverthless they weren't able to get a doctor, they suggested I went to hospital, my clothes are all ruined because of the high temperature I had to use to wash them and back in Italy I'm still taking cortison because of the reaction to the bites, my daughter and I are full of itchy spots and can't go to the sea..tomorrow we're seeing another doctor...still they gave us the money back for the night and did the washing (no ironing!!!)
if I were you I wouldn't go!!!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank brugari
Thank you for taking your time to respond to trip advisor. I sincerely apologise for the inconvenience caused. Our staff tried everything they could do to help you. We offer our good night guarantee for all the guests who did not have a good night sleep. I believe the management decided to give you the entire stay as complimentary and was refunded for the entire stay with all your clothes washed and drycleaned. One of the team member also tried to contact the nearest clinic for advise. I once again apologise for the inconvenience caused and tried our best to help and do everything we could possibly do.
Reviewed August 7, 2010

I stayed with my family at premier inn, the rooms were great and clean. It was the first time with my family that we visit london and did not know the area, one of the receptionists called nadja was a walking citymap. Every day she helped us to find locations and attractions which made our lives easy. The rest of the staff was friendly and polite. We will definitly come back.

• Stayed July 2010
kensingtonEC, Manager at Premier Inn London Kensington (Earl's Court) Hotel, responded to this review, August 9, 2010
Thank you for the excellent feedback in regards to the friendliness of the staff in particular, Nadja who was a great help in finding locations. I will pass on the comments to her. I am extremely happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and hoping that you had a lovely time in London. I am glad that you found the rooms clean and comfortable and looking forward to welcoming you back soon.