This is a great Premier Inn, I would leave an excellent rating bar for one small issue!
Clean as a new pin, in every way possible
Warm, comfortable rooms
Friendly, helpful staff
Excellent, reasonably priced food
Warmest of welcomes
Cons- Some rooms are very, very noisy!! My room was directly over the tube line, tube trains were running until 1.30 in the morning, and then workmen started to dig up the track under the window at 2.30 !! Finally fell asleep at 4am, then awoken by the trains starting to run at 5.30!! However, I have to also add, that when I spoke to the staff member when I checked out and informed him of the poor sleep and the problems, I was instantly given a full refund on the price of the room under the Premier Inns 'Good Sleep Guarantee' . This was given without quibble or argument, and the staff member assured me that it was not a problem, and gave me advice for booking a quiet room on another visit. (Phone and request a quiet room once reserved)
Overall, a great place to stay, with good access to the tube (maybe a bit too good ;-) ), and, if you are reasonably fit, it is walking distance to the Natural History, Science and Victoria and Albert museums.
Staff, are absolutely superb, breakfast (Saturday morning) was very busy, I had been advised by a staff member the evening before of the busiest times, unfortunately my itinerary was such that I had to eat in the busy period. However, queuing was kept to a minimum, tables were cleared quickly, fresh, hot cooked food was replenished as quickly as it was taken. Despite the large number of guests eating, and the amount of work they were doing, the staff still managed to smile and offer assistance to any guest that needed it.
I will stay here again on another visit to the capital, but will make sure I request a family or quiet room!! These are located in the annexe, which according to friends who stayed there the same night, is a little bit of a walk, so it may be a bit of a weigh up for some. Personally, despite being disabled I would rather walk a little further and sleep well. Some will be happier to stay closer and wear ear plugs!!
Premier Inn may like to offer complimentary earplugs to customers on the train side of the hotel. Incidentally, when I was at reception on the friday evening, buying a wifi voucher the duty book was left on the desk, in my clear view. In this book, was written instructions from the day shift, that any guests only staying for one night should be put train side of the hotel whilst longer stayers and families should be put in the annexe!! Interesting,
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Premier Inn Kensington (Earl's Court) is practically made for mini-breaks, with almost every major attraction within easy reach. From dinosaurs to designer names, football stars to incredible shows, there's something to keep everyone happy. Be inspired at the Natural History, Science and Victoria & Albert Museums or Buckingham Palace. See the Blues in full flow at Chelsea's Stamford Bridge Stadium. Or catch a show at the Royal Albert Hall or the West End. Our friendly team will help you get the most from your stay and provide everything you need to recharge the batteries: spacious rooms and extra-comfy beds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Premier Inn, Agoda, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your Premier Inn London Kensington (Earl's Court) Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn London Kensington Hotel London
- Premier Inn Kensington
- Premier Travel Inn Kensington
- Premier Inn London Kensington (Earl's Court) Hotel England