“Great stay, Very pleased with the staff!”

YHA London Oxford Street
Ranked #12 of 922 Specialty Lodging in London
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed November 14, 2013

I stayed here with three other friends in a private room and had a great experience. The staff is very friendly and was SO helpful in giving us directions, pointing out fun spots in the city, and calling to make arrangements for my friends and I. The hostel is very clean and the beds are comfy. Wifi costs 5 GBP per day, which was a bit annoying. And it didn't reach in our room so you may have to sit in lobby for it. But other than that I would come back here in a heart beat. Highly recommend for the traveler on a budget.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at the yha! Just off of Oxford Street, along from the gorgeous Liberty department store in the heart of Soho-you couldn't have beaten it for location. Really great instructions on how to get there from the tube, though it is really easy and only a 2-3minute walk. There are a lot of stairs, so with only a lift to the reception, if you have a heavy bag and get put on the 5th floor like us then you might struggle. The staff were so so friendly though I'm sure they'd help if you wanted!
I stayed with my friend in a twin room and it was great. The bunk beds were comfy, bedding clean and fresh, heater working well and also a fan when it was a little hot when the sun was shining in the window at one point. There is a bed light and plug for each bed and large locker (remember to bring a padlock).
Toilets and showers are very convenient and there's plenty of them. Very clean and modern-the shower was really powerful which I like! Lots of room to change in the shower room too with pegs to hand towels.
Our room looked out the back of the building so it wasn't noisy at all which was great and we had 2 great night's sleep!
Staff very knowledgeable and gave us great tips on what to do in the evening- we saw fireworks we didn't know were going to happen which was amazing!
I'll be back for definite!

Room Tip: Ask for one at the back if you are worried about noise from the street but I don't think it woul...
Reviewed November 12, 2013

I had a wonderful stay - the rooms are clean and well-functioning, as are the bathroom and lavatory facilities. Each bed has a reading light, a power plug and a safe locker, just remember to bring a pad lock. Staff is very friendly and efficient. The biggest plus will have to be the location, though. Only a stone's throw from Oxford Street, Carnaby Street and amazing Soho.
Thank you so much! I will definitely be back :-)

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank ElizabethKon
Reviewed November 10, 2013

This is a great REALLY centrally located hostel, smack in the middle of London. It is a bit cramped, and the area, and place, can be both busy and loud. But if you are looking for a few happy fun days in London, this is the place (maybe not for families or seniors however).

Reviewed October 9, 2013

Stayed here for 1 night in August. Really really good location. Stayed in 4 bed female room and it was really clean, tidy and also I think there was air conditioner, which is huge plus if it's hot outside... Staff was helpful, showers were clean and there're enough of them, didn't have to wait. As I've said hostel is in excellent location and the price for the location is really reasonable. One important thing, they don't have free wi fi, but if you're using hostel just as a place to sleep it's no big deal.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Just returned after 5 nights stay. (we were walking the Capital Ring Walk 75miles) It's very good location, about midway from Oxford Circus and Tottenham Court Rd. tube stations, so good travel choices. Very clean and well run by friendly, helpfull staff. I would not hesitate to recommend to friends, and book again myself

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Clean and comfortable, perfect location. I stayed in room 15, and it was really stuffy, it would have made so much difference if we could open the window alot more, the room badly needs more ventilation. WiFi was free for members, however, it really shouldn't be censored, I was trying to look up a pub where I was meeting some old colleagues for some drinks, and it was blocked with the reason "Alcohol". I found that ludicrous. And as regards to security, it is good, but giving me a bent card that didn't work in the door downstairs and I had to ring the door bell every time, was a bit silly. But then one time, I locked myself out of the room, so I went down to reception, to get another card, so I was given one in a better state, and told to bring the other card back, now the new card in better state, did work in the door downstairs.
Good hostel, but the stuffiness of the room, I don't want to stay there in summer again, unless the room has more ventilation.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo