All reviews close to hyde park central line breakfast included kensington gardens bayswater
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

First of all, upon arriving at the hostel we are handed a bundle of sheets. I know first world problems - and I wouldn't even complain about it if this was normal in my travels. But I've stayed in multiple hostels across Europe and elsewhere and haven't encountered this.

Second, there's mold. In pretty much any crevice moisture could hide out in. So the shower (a wet room really - wear flip flops/shower shoes), wc, and vanity rooms had it in the corners and crevices. My allergies were insane.

Third, the beds are child size. My friend is 172cm and just barely fits. I'm 157cm and have no issues. No idea how taller people could be comfortable.

The rooms are not actually secure, unless you pay extra to have the small lockers function. My friend and I went out for the day to find that not only were our belongings moved (there is a sign indicating they be placed on the bed so the room can be cleaned) but some toiletries were used as the room smelled strongly of my perfume that I hadn't used before we left.

I wouldn't trust that your belongings were safe in this accommodation whatsoever. Will not be back if I find myself in London again. Do not recommend.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Tanya H
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Thanks to all the staffs of smart hyde park in as they’ve been nice. And a special thanks to Adile extremely dedicated to his job while on duty. Smart hyde park in is a place you can home even if it’s far from home. They valued their customers with respect.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Smart Hostels L, HPI STAFF at Smart Hyde Park Inn Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hello Festus. Many thanks for staying with us and for providing your valuable feedback.

Reviewed September 3, 2019

It is a smart hostel and it is really smart. Very clean through out the building, specially shower , toilet.
Break fast is continental and serve from 7.30 am to 10am, I love my orange juice, coffee, cereals , toast and honey.Staff are amazing.My las visit was very late night check in due to rubbish train journey, but I had a worm welcome at reception at 2 am. Many thanks.

Reviewed August 31, 2019

Affordable and VERY close to the Bayswater station! :D Aside from no air conditioning or elevators, it’s a good place. I still slept fine. Just be prepared to go up and down some narrow steep steps with your stuff.

Date of stay: August 2019
Reviewed August 28, 2019

Had a bed in a single sex dorm room. Beds adequate. Curtains on beds for privacy. Room was very small with a tiny shower/toilet. Nice kitchen area where you could make your own meals (no tea/coffee supplied). Breakfast was basic but adequate. Cereal and toast. Staff were friendly, check in was easy. Common area and outside seating were open and safe. Close to shops, Hyde Park, bus and trains.

Date of stay: August 2019