I stayed here with my boyfriend for 5 nights. To tell the truth, it is overpriced. I have booked a twin private ensuite room few months in advance, paid too much but I am not complaining because all I wanted was a good location and my own bathroom which I got. But to be honest, hostel is not that clean and there is no lift. Our room was on top (4th) floor and it was a bit annoying. Also, the rooms are tiny. There was a bunk bed, wash basin was in the same room as the bed, and the bathroom was separated. It was so tiny, 2 m2 max! Also, the maid came every day. She/he didn't touch our stuff, they just cleaned the bathroom and took the trash out, what I appreciated. All our stuff was untouched, nopthing was stolen or missing, and we even left the window open while we were out.
But at least it was clean, and you get used to it, after all - if you're going to book this one, don't do it if you want luxury. If you want a place to sleep and have a shower, I say go for it.
As for the staff, I found all of them nice and willing to help. I read here that they were rude and unhelpful, but I saw most of them and they were okay.
The internet is free only for one hour, but works only if you have your own device to connect from. Otherwise, it is one pound per hour. The computers are a bit slow but you'll manage.
I peaked into the other rooms and showers, rooms are cramped and showers seemed dirty but I can't tell for sure. The kitchen is so - so, I haven't used it but it's nothing special.
Haven't tried their breakfast either so can't tell either.
All in all - it was solid, better than I expected while reading the reviews on here.
People, if you want luxury, book a hotel. If you're on a budget, book a hostel, that's pretty much it.
I also loved the neighbourhood! It is close to everything! Hyde park is beautiful, there are 2 undeground stations nearby, within 3 minutes walking distance. There are lots of souvenir shops, there is Sainsbury's nearby, and some pubs.
To sum it up, I loved it all! The city, the people, even the hostel wasn't bad!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just 165 yrd from Bayswater Underground Station and Hyde Park, Smart Hyde Park Inn offers budget dormitories with free WiFi access throughout. There is a spacious shared kitchen and 24-hour front desk. Set in a grand period property, the large dormitories have elegant decor and original features. There are plenty of shared bathroom facilities, and guests can use a hairdryer and ironing facilities. Smart Hyde Park features a common room with comfortable seating, computers and a flat-screen TV. There is also a modern kitchen with an oven, refrigerator and microwave, and continental breakfasts are served daily. Smart Hyde Park Inn is a 20-minute walk from Marble Arch and Oxford Street. Lively Soho is a 40-minute walk from the building, and the famous Leicester Square is a 10-minute Tube ride away. Westminster is a great choice for travelers interested in Shopping, Theater and Monuments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Smart Hyde Park Inn Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Smart Hyde Park Hotel London
- Smart Hyde Park Inn Hostel London, England