“Room Very Tired - but clean in all the right places!”
Review of 1 Lexham Gardens

1 Lexham Gardens
Ranked #896 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed October 24, 2013

We paid £95 for our basement room - this did not include breakfast. The decor was scuffed at lower levels and the carpet and vertical blinds were past their best. That said the bedlinen, towels and toilet/shower area were all clean. The TV worked. Our wardrobe was so close to our bed that we couldn't open the door! The bed was reasonably comfortable and we both slept well. We stayed in this venue as we wanted to be close to The Royal Albert Hall. All things considered, for the money we paid and given the hotel was in central London, it was probably a reasonable deal, as all we needed was a clean bed for the night and not a room to spend lots of time in.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Andrea H

Reviewed October 15, 2013

I stayed here last night and I am not the slightest refreshed as you hope to be after a night in a hotel. Rooms are basic, very shaky bed with cheap mattress and pillow. Single glazing windows, meaning I woke up probably 10 times during the night due the busy main road which conveniently houses a hospital too. Breakfast was basic. Toast, cereal and fruit... Usually you do have the option of a continental breakfast. The hotel room was clean and the first member of staff we met was kind and helpful, yet the second wasn't. I wouldn't recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank naomirachel94
Reviewed October 10, 2013

I've stayed at a lot of garbage hotels in London. This one, halfway between Gloucester Rd Station & Earl's Court Station, actually wasn't so bad in the end. It's certainly not luxurious, but the room was bigger than a postage stamp, the tv actually worked, and it's still in central London overall.
The wifi didn't work in the rooms, so that's my only real complaint.
As some of the other reviews noted, lots of restaurants nearby so that's a nice bonus!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 10, 2013

I was meant to stay at this hotel - was given a room on check in, I was not expecting much for the money, but the room smelt seriously damp. The carpet was badly stained, and also felt damp. Wonky wardrobes and a mattress that was all springs. Very uncomfortable. I asked to change rooms and was offered the only other room available, which stank of cigarettes. I went back to the original room, and also noticed that there were quite a few flies in the room - my skin was starting to itch at this stage so I walked away and went around the corner to another hotel, paid slightly more, but had a good nights sleep.

I will not go back to this hotel and recommend its avoided!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 2, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights last week Tues-Fri and we were expecting quite a basic hotel for £216 but were surprised at the cleanliness of the place. It looks a little shabby on their website but the room we had was spotless and for the price the size was fine. Very small bathroom but for £72 a night in Kensington we were happy enough. If you have a room facing the road then it's a bit noisy but I use earplugs so didn't affect me. Really close to Gloucester Road tube with a Waitrose, Boots, Tesco and cash machine at the station. Only a ten minute walk to the Natural History Museum and the V&A. Took us 10 minutes to get in to the centre of London and only 30 minutes to get to Euston Station for our train home. Would stay here the next time I visit London.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

I stayed with my daughter to visit the Eurogamer show at Earls Court. Really pleased, staff friendly, modern, clean room, comfortable beds. I was even given a free room upgrade. Sainsburys just round the corner. Lots of restaurants and places to eat. Good location.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Clean, comfortable and welcoming. This is a hotel aimed at people wanting to stay in a good part of London without Hilton prices.

Rooms are good and all enlisted suite even if some. of the bathrooms are rather 'bijou'

Continental breakfast available but no restaurants. However However the are abounds in fast food outlets and many good restaurants, so no problem there.

Rooms have satellite tv with a number of foreign language channels available, including Arabic.

Have stayed there quite a few times and enjoyed it.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business