“Good hotel near center”
Review of Staunton Hotel

Staunton Hotel
Ranked #553 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed April 7, 2013

This nice Hotel near the center, British Museum and Oxford Street are very near and the tube station Goodge Street at 3 minutes.
People is very kind and the service very good. We will certainly go there next time we'll go to London City.
The breakfast is excellent and we miss it :-)

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
reniak, Manager at Staunton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay here with us. We are very spoiled with our location so close to the shops, theatres and British museum.

We are happy to read that you had an enjoyable stay and we are all looking forward to welcome you again in the future.

There are newer reviews for Staunton Hotel

Reviewed March 29, 2013

We recently stayed at the Staunton Hotel and would not plan a return visit. The room was a good size, clean and the decor was pleasant but that was the only positive. The first night we had nothing but scalding hot water from our hand basin and shower and this problem returned intermittently throughout our three night stay. The shower was erratic and would change temperature constantly from cold to hot and this experience was not very pleasant. The staff provided minimal customer service when seeking help at night for this problem and there certainly was little desire to assist and really no explanation given. In fact I think they have heard the identical complaint so many times before and know it cannot be fixed. The staff member was watching tv on the computer very loudly and seemed a little annoyed to be interrupted. The breakfast was an interesting experience and it took 3 mornings before a staff member actually greeted us with a smile and "good morning". The breakfast staff worked hard and were efficient but I think again the standard of customer service could be improved. My cooked English breakfast was substandard, the bacon tasted strange, so I would recommend cereal and toast. We stayed in a room at the front of the hotel and when a heavy vehicle passed it wasn't so much the noise that was a problem but rather the reverberation/vibration of the sound so sleep was constantly disturbed.The hotel was well located for our needs but much could be done to improve the customer experience.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank SuperSal-Melb

Thank you for your recent review of your recent stay with us.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

great location, great manager, nice and clean rooms, value for money not great but not too bad; but...plumbing and heating not always at the top (cold water sometimes hot, etc...); the main issue is the reception staff, especially on Sunday: I arrived on a Sunday evening in December and the person at the reception desk shouted at me "what do you want?"; last Sunday, no one at reception when leaving at 7.15 in the morning: I called several times the hotel, no response; the clerk arrived ten minutes later with no apologies and lying, telling I should have called, etc...If this pattern continues, even though I love his hotel and come several times per year, I will have to find another hotel

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us.

I was sorry to read that you were not satisfied with the standards of the hotel and please rest assured that your feedback is taken very seriously, in order to strive to achieve the high standards that we set here. I do appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you again at Staunton Hotel.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

I felt it was a bit overpriced for value, however I don't stay in London often, so maybe was good value. Location was good: across the stree from British museum and within walking distance of theaters.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Lovely hotel, very handy to the tube and shopping areas. Good value for a twin room with breakfast. Room was a decent size, comfy bed and nice bathroom with soft towels. There was some traffic noise but it is central London and I didn't need my trusty ear plugs to sleep well. Breakfast was very good but the coffee was the only disappointing thing in my whole stay. Reception staff were helpful and very pleasant. I'd fully recommend this hotel and will stay here again in the future.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank 34busymum34
Reviewed March 8, 2013

Superb value, comfortable, friendly staff, good breakfast. Within 15 mins walk of Royal Opera, Covent garden, Oxford St etc. Double glazing keeps it uiet, although carrying my and The Duchess bags up the rather steep stairs definitely made me puff! (No lift).
Highly recommended, I'd go again.

Room Tip: Ask for the higher, rear rooms if you want quiet.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 20, 2013

This hotel is in a great location in Bloomsbury. Lots of shops, restaurants around. Many bus routes and subway station nearby.
Gower street is a noisy street, but windows work fine. Hotel is a officially a 3*, but I would say almost a 4* in London standards. Rooms are spacious, comfortable. Breakfast is fine.
Very good value for the price, especially if you do not like huge hotels.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business