Seymour Hotel
$164
Doubletree
$277
  • Restaurant
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
$128
$121
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $137/night.

$176
$157
Priceline
$1,058
$839
  • Restaurant
All reviewstowels were changed dailyaround midnightrestaurants and pubstea coffeebed was comfortablecornflakesdryerkettle
Reviewed September 1, 2011

On first view it seemed decent, not the fanciest place around but decently clean. I mean you get what you pay for right? I've been in my fair share of hostels, motels and hotels throughout the world but this was hands down the worst experience I've ever had at a hotel.

On our first day there, we went out for about an hour and came back to find our room had been broken into and a lot of our things (electronics, money, cell phones, laptops, etc.) were stolen. The hotel offered no apology or refund and were extremely unhelpful with the police. When the police wanted to check the security cameras none of the staff knew how to work the recorder. When they finally got a specialist in they found that the camera hadn't even been recording.

As the day went on, more people reported things stolen and in the end 5 rooms had been hit.

The worst part? There was no sign of forced entry. I felt so violated knowing that someone would just walk into our room, rifle through our personal things and walk right on out. I'm sorry all of this - so many rooms hit, no broken locks, useless security cameras - just screams suspicious to me. If it wasn't an inside job, the hotel didn't seem at all concerned about the security of the place. When the maintenance guy "changed" the lock, we saw that it was in fact, the same lock (worked with the old key) and had to stand their watching him as he actually changed the lock.

As a young female traveler, security is my biggest concern. When you stay at a hotel, especially one with seemingly working locks and decent reviews, you expect to be safe. After that first afternoon, I did not feel safe at all.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
5  Thank wanderingslc
Reviewed August 16, 2011

I can't really complain about our stay....even though very small rooms and especially the bathroom. but I WAS ROBBED TOO!!!!. ....even my UNDERPANTS they took and my kids clothes!!! How SICK!!!!! I tried to call back for a whole month but I only got excuses and excuses and excuses. DO NOT EVEN CONSIDER THIS HOTEL!!!!! SHAME ON THEM!!!!

Stayed: December 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank Winnie21Malta
Reviewed August 7, 2011

The room was quite small, but fine if you only need somewhere to fall asleep. The location is good though, only a short walk from Paddington Station. Transport links therefore speak for themselves. Although Paddington was less well connected this time due to part closures on the Circle/District/Hammersmith & City lines. (There are also the buses).
I found some of the other reviews here difficult to understand having stayed there. The staff were not unhelpful or unfriendly. It's not the best hotel in the world, but it was fine really. I didn't think it was great value for money. They advertise a range of prices for a room, and vary it depending on demand according to infotel. They wouldn't give us the cheapest rate. Perhaps they would have if it had been booked earlier, I don't know.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank tardis9259
Reviewed July 21, 2011

I can deal with the tiny room and smelly towels, but I can't believe our room got robbed the first day we checked in. When the policy requested to see the civilian camera, no one knows how to operate it!!! Hotel staffs were rude and unhelpful. They refused to refund our hotel money that was paid in full when we checked in. They refuse to lend the phone and computer to us to get in contact with our family and friends back home.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank TravelFun007
Reviewed July 20, 2011

I booked this hotel as it's within walking distance of Hyde Park, where my friend and I had booked tickets to see the Kings Of Leon.
When we arrived at the hotel, we were told that we had been booked in to the sister hotel Alexandria Hotel which is approxmatley 200 yards down the road.
I was able to park my car at the Seymour for £ 10.00 [24 hrs]. The Alexandria Hotel was fantastic, great reception staff, very clean room and bed and a lovley view from the window. The bathroom was small, but it did us just fine. Free tea & coffee and if you required anything extra, there was a small corner shop about 4 mins away from the hotel.
The breakfast was toast, ham & cheese. Cerals & yogart. plenty of tea and coffee.
But for what we paid for the room [£43:00 each] we were well pleased with our room and would book again. Also idea for a shopping trip into London, only 10 minutes from Lancaster Gate Tube Station.

Room Tip: Very clean room and comfortable
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends