Dunno what it is about our nations capital that turns me off. Maybe it's the expense, or maybe it's the cramped conditions or perhaps just the fact that everything is just that little bit more cramped, a little bit worse than, just not enough of it. 'It' being pretty much everything.
The Mayflower is a perfect example. It's a basic hotel, but the room we were allocated was just a little bit too small, the bathroom just too cramped, the dining room just too crowded, the breakfast just too boring. Everything cheap and just about acceptable. Is that what you want?
Look, to show you what I mean I took a photo fo the bathroom: That really is an A4 piece of paper on the floor. It's a magazine with KickAss on the front.
The breakfast is continental for which you can read cheap on crowded tables with no room. It's croissant and tinned fruit. No nice cold meats, no nice fresh fruit, nothing of any interest. Isn't England famous for the full English? At the Mayflower you'll need to settle for the half french no coffee or chocolate.
It's near the tube and not ruinously expensive but when you've said that you've said it all and that's not really what you want is it?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Boutique 4-Star townhouse hotel in Earl's Court decorated and furnished in a distinctive 'East meets West' style, featuring 48 bedrooms. The Mayflower Hotel has provided guests with superlative accommodation and guest service for over 20 years. What makes us unique, however, is that we offer guests the chance to experience an independent, family business with a passion for interior design and sustainability. All rooms are decorated in our trademark East-meets-West style and with classic antique furniture - each room is individually decorated! Furthermore, the Mayflower Hotel will be completely sustainable by 2016 and we are already working hard with a bespoke sustainability consultant. The Mayflower will promote healthiness and wellbeing through a range of amenities, most immediate of which will be our organic juice and smoothie bar that will provide a stylish hangout for guests and locals alike. The Mayflower Hotel is ideal for guests looking for a personalised hotel experience and who would like to visit an idyllic part of London that is frequently reserved for locals only! We also aim to inspire our guests through the intermingling of our Eastern design, values, and range of new features to offer a delightful, warm, and detoxing place to stay in London. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Mayflower Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mayflower Hotel And Apartments
- Mayflower Hotel Apartments
- Mayflower Hotel London, England