“Very nice location”
Review of Mayflower Hotel

Mayflower Hotel
Ranked #697 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed September 9, 2013

When you see the pictures everything is nice, but the reality is not the same.
Be aware to request an EN-suite because I believe that not rooms have a bathroom - not sure, but my request was ok and I got a private bathroom. My disappointment was with the room: they got me a basement room. The window was with a small opening on the upper part and of course you do not few comfortable with a window on a basement level. No A/C, and just a small fan in the room. Normally I do not complain about room size, but this one was bad! Two people cannot get to bed separately because 3 sides of the bed fit the walls, so if the person close to the window needs to leave bed, both need to move for that.
Also too much dust. The room had sheet changed every day, but when I moved my bag that was on the floor, there was so much dust that I figure when was the last time the room had been vacuummed... Also, the electronic safe did not work and I called the front desk the guy came and said it would be fixed on the following day. To my surprise, that could not be done and then a "key" appeared together with the room key. Strangely it said on the safe: "we are not responsible for items left on the safe".
Well, for the last, the staff was nice and polite and offered information upon request that was very helpful. Also breakfast was good and even more than I expected from a complimentary BF. We were happy. Also the room amenities with boiler, coffee/tea - helped a lot.
The best thing for me was LOCATION! A few yards from Earl's Court underground.

Room Tip: ensuite for privacy and void basement.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,021)

Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here with my boyfriend on a surprise trip to London last week and couldn't fault it. It is a few tube stops away from all the action and the room was spacious and clean. I found the staff helpful and had no problems with the wifi. Breakfast was a bit of a military operation with the tables a little too close together for my liking...personal space and all that. Only issue I had was the double shower which I was excited to try but one head was broken...also the room was very hot! But I would definitely stay here again especially for it's convenience.

1  Thank SEI_11
Reviewed August 30, 2013

I took my daughter to London for the first time and I pre booked this hotel based on its location and price, so I wasn't expecting much. I booked a twin room for one night and it cost £70 including a continental breakfast.

The hotel is a very short walk from Earls Court tube station, which itself is only a few stops on the Piccadilly line from Kings Cross train station.

On entering the hotel, the staff were not overly welcoming but far from rude, just business like and to the point which was fine. I paid for the the room, was given a key and directed to the room.

The room was a surprise, nicely decorated, clean and big enough for the two of us. The room had a flat screen TV, iPod dock, tea and coffee facilities and a decent size walk in shower. There was no air conditioning in the room, but it did have a ceiling fan which did the job and added to the character of the room.

One small downside is the fact that the beds were wooden, so every time you turned over, the beds squeaked and groaned a bit, however they were comfortable, albeit noisy.

In summary, the hotel is a real treat based on its location, standard of room and the price.

I will certainly be staying here again, no question.

Room Tip: I stayed in a twin room, room 3 which was very nice.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 28, 2013

They are rude at the front desk, they want to send you to other buildings that they manage their apartments, mine is right next door four stories up with no elevator, imagine carrying the suitcases upstairs. It's a dump. Wifi doesn't work either

4  Thank MSacri
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Stayed here with our family of five for five nights in july 2013, staff were very friendly and very helpful, they booked attractions for us. the rooms were very nice and larger than many typical london hotels. Rooms are comfortable and modern. Breakfasts were basic continental but adequate. Overall we had a great stay and highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 18, 2013

The hotel rooms are typically sized London rooms-small. Breakfast was fine and consisted of croissants, cereals, cheese and fruits. My in laws got an upgrade to the suite and it was very nice--splurge if you can get it. It is very nice and roomy. Hotel is very near tube station and there is plenty if restaurants in walking distance. Its a bit far from the central London sites but we had no problems. Overall, for the price we found the hotel a good value.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

Beautiful Hotel. The staff at this hotel are friendly and helpful . We enjoyed a lovely breakfast. Great location in Earls Court and very close to the underground. We travelled into central London every day and it was a great base. We travelled with our three children and had two rooms. It worked well. Will definitely return to this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family