When you see the pictures everything is nice, but the reality is not the same.
Be aware to request an EN-suite because I believe that not rooms have a bathroom - not sure, but my request was ok and I got a private bathroom. My disappointment was with the room: they got me a basement room. The window was with a small opening on the upper part and of course you do not few comfortable with a window on a basement level. No A/C, and just a small fan in the room. Normally I do not complain about room size, but this one was bad! Two people cannot get to bed separately because 3 sides of the bed fit the walls, so if the person close to the window needs to leave bed, both need to move for that.
Also too much dust. The room had sheet changed every day, but when I moved my bag that was on the floor, there was so much dust that I figure when was the last time the room had been vacuummed... Also, the electronic safe did not work and I called the front desk the guy came and said it would be fixed on the following day. To my surprise, that could not be done and then a "key" appeared together with the room key. Strangely it said on the safe: "we are not responsible for items left on the safe".
Well, for the last, the staff was nice and polite and offered information upon request that was very helpful. Also breakfast was good and even more than I expected from a complimentary BF. We were happy. Also the room amenities with boiler, coffee/tea - helped a lot.
The best thing for me was LOCATION! A few yards from Earl's Court underground.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Boutique 4-Star townhouse hotel in Earl's Court decorated and furnished in a distinctive 'East meets West' style, featuring 48 bedrooms. The Mayflower Hotel has provided guests with superlative accommodation and guest service for over 20 years. What makes us unique, however, is that we offer guests the chance to experience an independent, family business with a passion for interior design and sustainability. All rooms are decorated in our trademark East-meets-West style and with classic antique furniture - each room is individually decorated! Furthermore, the Mayflower Hotel will be completely sustainable by 2016 and we are already working hard with a bespoke sustainability consultant. The Mayflower will promote healthiness and wellbeing through a range of amenities, most immediate of which will be our organic juice and smoothie bar that will provide a stylish hangout for guests and locals alike. The Mayflower Hotel is ideal for guests looking for a personalised hotel experience and who would like to visit an idyllic part of London that is frequently reserved for locals only! We also aim to inspire our guests through the intermingling of our Eastern design, values, and range of new features to offer a delightful, warm, and detoxing place to stay in London. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Agoda, Priceline, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Mayflower Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mayflower Hotel And Apartments
- Mayflower Hotel Apartments
- Mayflower Hotel London, England