“Ok but would not stay again”

Crowne Plaza London - Docklands
Ranked #338 of 1,067 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Leeds
“Ok but would not stay again”
Reviewed February 23, 2011

The hotel was ok
However needs docklands light railway to get into London
Maybe 30-40 mins

Nothing nearby except o2 arena

A few ok restaurants

Fitness room ok
Pool tiny

Staff ok

Parking 16 pounds per night - steep for zone 3

• Stayed February 2011
DGMLondonDocklands, assistant front office manager at Crowne Plaza London - Docklands, responded to this review, March 13, 2011
Dear Reviewer,

I would like to thank you for the time taken to give us your feedback.

I appreciate your honest feedback and it seems that although everything went well during your stay this location was not what you had expected.

It is a tranquil location with beautiful scenery and views across to the O2 and Canary Wharf and it does take about 35 minutes to central London on the Jubilee Line. Many of our guests prefer it because they can relax after an stressful day out.

On the other hand I am glad that took the opportunity to use the Leisure facilities.

I would like to thank you one more time for taking the time to write this feedbak as we benefit and learn from it.

Kind regards

Assistant Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (402)
Swindon, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 21, 2011

After reading reviews was worried about my stay at hotel with my daughter. Stayed at crowne plaza to go to excel baby show as my daughter is expecting her first child. We could not fault the service or the room or the food. We were greeted well on arrival, had a really lovely standard twin overlooking water. Reception very helpful when asked to recommend places to eat. Staff at breakfast very welcoming and helpful and the food was exceptional. Able to leave bag and coats with hotel whilst out and collected on way back to train. People are always quick to be picky and complain, so i thought i would put the record straight. Will def. be going back. x

• Stayed February 2011
DGMLondonDocklands, Assistant Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza London - Docklands, responded to this review, March 6, 2011
Dear Reviwer,

I would liket to thank you for your recent stay with us at the Crowne Plaza London Docklands and for taking the time to write your feedback.

As you mentioned on your review positive feedback is not always recorded as the negative ones take precedence. Because of this when positice comments are left it is extremelly appreciated.

I am very pleased that you had such a nice experience and that you found our staff helpful. I have passed your comments on to our Head Chef and the Restaurant manager in regards to your positive breakfast experience.

I hope you will choose to come back on your next visit to London.

Kind regards,

Wirral
Reviewed February 18, 2011

Travelled down via train to stay in the Crown Tuesday 15th ready for the Brits 2011. Great access via train easy to find and 2minutes walking distance. Its write on the docklands so views across to the O2 & Canary Wharf are amazing, very impressed. Their are several bars and a spa near by - Carribean scene right opposite voted best carribean restuarant several times (although I didnt visit reviews are great) and Docklands bar and grill inside the hotel is lovely, nice atmosphere and good priced drinks etc. Their was a group of approx 15 of us all together check in was quick and easy staff very friendly and accomodating, more then happy to help. I checked in to a twin room on floor 3 and was very pleased with my room. Exceeded my expectations ... Nice decor comfy beds, clean, tidy, large, very spaceous and the overall warm and cosy.
Theirs are pool and other facilities in the hotel which I didnt use however coming down in the morning the smell was very refreshing and had I have stayed longer this would have been a bonus.
It was a good location for getting into the city and well worth the commute to the O2.
After attending the Brits at the O2 and a visit to Canary Wharf our group returned to the hotel tired and hungry after a long busy day. We all ordered toaasties and sandwiches however the restuarant had closed the staff were happy to make additional food for us at no extra cost or provide us with local take away/delivery options.
We ordered food with the option of room service at an extra £5 my only gripe was it took over 1 hour for food to arrive.
Breakfast latest until 10am and it was well worth getting up for. The smell of the food was very inviting and delicious. Buffet style hot food, topped up throughout perfect all you can eat full English, toast, cereals, fruit, yogurts and a selection of hot/cold drinks also available. This was included in with the price but would have paid extra for this.
Overall it was a plesant stay with all expectations met. I will definately recommend to friends and family and will be returning again in the near future to share the experience with my fiance.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Dear Reviewer,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed and positive feedback of your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza London Docklands.

It makes me extremelly happy to learn that you found us easyly accessible, the hotel staff helpfull and efficient and the room inviting. I am aware of that particular evening your room service order taking quite long and I would like to personally apologise for that.

The fact that you would like to come back with your fiance says it all. I would love to be able to look after you on your return so please contact me directly when booking in the future.

Kindest regards,

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 13, 2011

I stayed at this hotel as I needed to be at the O2 Aren for work. When I checked in I had a number of questions which the staff on reception were incredibly helpful with. My room was very nice and stylish although the view of the car park at the back wasn't the most inspiring! It could have done with a slightly more thorough clean - the wall near the bed had coffee splashed on it and there were watermarks on the bedside table but all in all it was to a good standard. Unfortunately I seemed to have one of the rooms where the kettle cable wouldn't reach the plug but I just put it on the desk instead.
The breakfast was lovely and the staff in the restuarant were very friendly.
I am staying again soon for work and looking forward to it!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Somerton, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 10, 2011

I stayed at this hotel on a Friday night on the way through to Leeds and to pick my daughter up. The deal was part of last year’s promotion, so cost nothing for the room, what a bonus that is. On arrival I was informed I had been upgraded to an executive suite, which was a bit odd as that is the room I had booked. The room was very large with its own separate living space, the bed massive and very comfortable. When my daughter visited she did the cleanliness inspection (she works at a Radisson in the city) and informed me the room was exceptionally clean. The view out of the 5 windows over the dock and across to the O2 Arena was good. All the staff were very friendly and were well informed about the local area. London City airport is very close and the room I had might not suit everyone, as the noise of the planes landing was noticeable, but not too bad. I do not like the car park charge for residents though.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
Dear Reviewer,

I would like to first of all thank you for taking the time to write your review on your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza London Docklands.

I am extremelly pleased that you found your room comfortable and specially the bed. I have forwarded your comments about the cleanliness of the room to my head housekeeper, who would like to join me in thanking you for your comments.

I look forward to welcoming you back on you future stays.

Kind regards,

West Yorkshire
Reviewed February 6, 2011

The receptionist at check in was bubbly and pleasant. We got a view overlooking the water & The O2, which was nice. Funky music was playing and the bar & restaurant looked very nice and trendy although we didn't eat in it.

The rooms were bright and welcoming with decent furnishings. We had two single bed room and they were very comfy beds with matress toppers. All in all couldn't fault the room at all.

We used the pool, sauna & jacuzzi which were excellent and very clean.

The hotel can be reached from Tower Hill DLR station in 15 minutes if you catch a direct train. Its not that far and its worth it for this hotel. Make the most of your oyster and give it a try...

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Reviewer,

I thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review of your stay.

I am extremilly happy that you had such a memorable stay and that you found our staff bubly and pleasant.

Perhaps on your next stay you would like to try our award winning Restaurant and Bar.

Warmest regards,

Leeds
Reviewed January 29, 2011

Just a shame I did not take my swimming suit! I did not realise the hotel had a pool until I got there. A bit too late. Very good breakfast, and comfortable room, even though decoration is not with much character. Very clean and spacious. A bit far from London if you are a tourist, but I suppose it must be handy if you are working in the City...

• Stayed November 2010
DGMLondonDocklands, Assistant Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza London - Docklands, responded to this review, February 1, 2011
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time and efford to write about your stay at the Crowne Plaza London Docklands.

I am very pleased to learn that you had a pleasant stay with us. You also have a great excuse to come back, as you had left without trying our swimming pool, sauna, jaccuzzi, steam room and gym. As you can see plenty more to experience when you come back.

I thank you again for your comments and look forward to welcoming again.