Stayed here for one night. Arriving at the hotel, first impressions was like this should be good. Reception staff were okay. Check in was a bit werid. Ask something about the room and it was like asking for the lotto numbers. Drama! Sort of set the mood for the whole stay. Restaurant was okay too. We decided to head down after we dropped that bags at the room. No one said hi to us at the restaurant. It was not that busy but it seemed like all the staff were all stressed and all over the place. A girl behind the bar was asked by a senior memeber of staff to do something and after he walked away, she rolled her eyes and made a face! Not professional! After waiting 15mins to even get a menu! I believe the GM took our order! He was lovely! Nice guy! Even though there was restaurant staff on I cant understand why it was the GM the took our order? At least he said hi! Makes a big difference!
I could go on about Breakfast but it was pretty much the same as above! It was nice though. Trying to get a cup of coffee from the server was like check in!
I would probably stay here again! Check was ten times better than check in. A young man and girl were on duty that morning. Chatty and Friendly! Just what you want!
I normally dont make a point of things like this but it was obvious that some things need to be looked at!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Crowne Plaza London Docklands , a unique, contemporary hotel overlooking Royal Victoria Dock.We are walking distance from ExCeL Exhibition Centre (West) and just minutes from the financial district of Canary Wharf & the City of London. London City Airport is a 5 minute ride away & the O2 in Greenwich & Tower of London can also be easily reached. The hotel is located next to Docklands Light Railway(DLR) station Royal Victoria, which connects after one stop with the Jubilee Line, at Canning Town, into Central London or Stratford.The hotel boasts its own Meeting Success Centre, with 9 meetingrooms accommodating up to 275 delegates including a dedicated Executive Boardroom.We offer today's business and leisure travellers dependability, friendly service and the latest in designer-led facilities at excellent value rates. We can't guarantee the weather in England, however we can guarantee the quality of our 'Make It Happen' service and our world-renowned breakfast buffet.The hotel houses a busy, contemporary bar and lounge and a restaurant accessable from the avenue or from the hotel Reception. The Quad Club offers guests a purpose-built health and fitness facility, with an indoor pool,jacuzzi, sauna, steamroom and the latest gym equipment Please note: opening times of the leisure club may vary seasonally. The hotel is located in the East of London - host to the 2012 Olympics. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Agoda, IHG, Ctrip TA, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Crowne Plaza London - Docklands reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza London - Docklands Hotel London
- Crowne Plaza London - Docklands England