“Great location for the O2” 4 of 5 stars

Crowne Plaza London - Docklands
Ranked #264 of 1,066 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Great location for the O2”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Stayed here last October when my husband was attending an event in the O2 for 3 days. It was a great location because my husband could walk to and from in less than 5 minutes. It is a very quick walk to the DLR which allowed me to get into central London quickly.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
DGMLondonDocklands, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza London - Docklands, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear Reviewer

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am glad that you and your husband chose to stay with us. Yes the DLR station is very convenient and so is the cable cars just across the hotel as the latest means to travel to O2 with.
Once again thank you for your review and we look forward to seeing you again in London soon.

Best Regards
Guest Services Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (365)
Fife
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Booked twin room and it was spacious for London. There is meant to be complimentary still & sparkling water, although only still bottle was there.
Had to fight hard to get breakfast included, even although my booking stated "complimentary breakfast buffet" on hotel description. Eventually this was granted but I really did have to stand my ground to achieve it. Waitress at breakfast was wonderful, very cheerful and polite - just what you want to start your day. A good selection for breakfast.
The aircon had a dripping/clicking noise which drove me mad and I eventually had to switch off during the night.
There is only 1 pillow each. You can phone for extras, but why not put them in the wardrobe like most other hotels?
The Emirates chairlift is just across the road and takes you right to the O2 - a nice experience in itself.
Concierge were very helpful in organising taxis and luggage.
If they sorted the small points out then I'd have marked them 4/5 (very good), but at £190 a night then I expect a higher level of detail in which case, they only deserve "Average" rating.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Reviewer

Thank you for your review. I am grateful four your valued suggestions. I have taken them on board and forwarded it to the relevant teams. I sincerely regret that there was a confusion about your inclusive breakfast and it took a while to resolve this at your check in. As far as the airconditioning noise is concerned I am very sorry to hear these. Could you please forward me the room number at mohammad@crowneplazadocklands.co.uk so I can have the room checked with our maintenance team. I am however also pleased that you found the team and service in the breakfast room and concierge team friendly and to your liking. I will pass this on to them personally. Once again thank you for taking the time out to give us a feedback and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Kindest Regards
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

Great hotel in a top location. The staff care. The rooms are clean and comfortable. Out of town but well worth the easy ride on the DLR. Compares really well with Canary Wharf hotels and much better than City centre.

• Stayed January 2013
Dear Reviewer

Thank you for your lovely comments. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and also that you liked the location. We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Best Regards
Surrey, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights. Drove to the hotel which was very easy to get to and has a paid (half regular price) car park which you can pay as add on to your hotel bill. Check in was exceptionally friendly and helpful as was reception throughout.
Easy access to the South Bank via the Emirates ski lift across the Thames or of course Tube if you prefer or coming back later at night.
Spa was fantastic well equipped, staff very helpful - I didn't use the gym area but lots of people did seemed very popular.
We ate in the hotel one evening , service was slow but that was no issue for us and the food was worth waiting for - it was really good.
Room was well equipped clean and housekeeping were most helpful for extra coffee etc
There are also a couple of shops nearby - minute walk - one is a Tesco Extra if you need to get snacks for a day out or travel with kids and need any extras
All round I really couldn't fault it for us it had everything we needed and the service was great, friendly and informative .

Room Tip: We were overlooking the car park but hotel very well insulated so no noise at all and great black ou...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
DGMLondonDocklands, Manager at Crowne Plaza London - Docklands, responded to this review, February 2, 2013
Dear Ukmisssixty,

I would like to thank you for your kind comments and taking the time to write about your stay.

It makes me very happy to know you enjoyed our services and your time with us to the fullest. It is our aim to create a perfect stay every time and it seems we have done just that during your stay.

I look forward to welcoming you back very soon again.

Best regards,

Mari Irazusta
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

I stayed at the Crowne Plaza in Docklands for 1 night for my boyfriends birthday. Upon my arrival, The smell of chlorine from the spa hit me so hard, it is extremely strong and even travelled the floor we were staying on.

I was greeted by the rude receptionist who had asked me to pay £50.00 deposit by card, I told him I would prefer to pay cash and I was advised before my stay that I could pay cash. He completely ignored me and I felt he was rude.

I checked into my room- it was spacious and the bathroom was lovely. There was only ONE robe on the bed, when it was a double room for two. Also, the heating did not work and had to wait for someone from maintenance to come fix it. This was not ideal especially due to the recent freezing weather. Eventually, it was fixed but it did not meet my expectations. Another issue I had, was at 1030am the maid charged into my room without knocking properly, even though it clearly states that its 12pm checkout.

All in All, my experience was not the best but luckily, my boyfriend enjoyed the weekend, that was the main aim.

Room Tip: avoid 3rd floor- u just overlook the carpark.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank Claire823
DGMLondonDocklands, Assistant Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza London - Docklands, responded to this review, February 2, 2013
Dear Ms Claire823,

I thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. I have shared your comments with the relevant colleagues who will be able to ensure your experience is not repeated.

I would like to thank you one more time for your comments and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future as I wish you will give us an opportunity to look after you again.

Kind regards,

Mari Irazusta
Wivenhoe, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Stayed for 1 night over the Christmas holidays. Hotel was extremely clean and our room was spacious and newly decorated. Staff friendly and helpful. A good selection at the buffet breakfast - hot and cold food. Good location for getting to O2 and into central London. Swimming pool and spa was immaculate and helpful being able to borrow towels at no extra cost. Would visit again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
DGMLondonDocklands, Manager at Crowne Plaza London - Docklands, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Dear Ms Christine B

Thank you for your comments on the tripadvisor. I am happy to know that you enjoyed your stay here during Christmas. Thank you for mentioning that you found the staff helpful and friendly. I have also taken notes of your comments about the breakfast food and the Spa service. I will pass it to both the morning team and the leisure teams here. Yes, the hotel's location is superb with great views of the Docklands and is very handy for a visit to the O2 if needed. I look forward to seeing you here again.

Yours sincerely
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

We recently stayed at this hotel for 1 night as we were flying out early the next day. We had a very good experience, with a quiet room, on site taxi company for traveling to the Airport and quality service when needed. A great option if looking for an Airport Hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Reviewer

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate that you chose us to say with us during your recent stay before your early morning flight. I am pleased to hear that you found the hotel room and services comfortable.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Kind regards