“Excellent value”
Review of The Jade

The Jade
Ranked #98 of 580 London B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 12, 2013

This hotel is very centrally situated and extremely comfortable for a budget hotel. I would certainly use it again next time I am in London. Although the tube ran underneath the hotel we were not disturbed at all and we both slept very well. The hotel is very close to Earls Court tube station which is Zone 1, and thre are numerous restaurants nearby as well as the museums.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Roy T

Reviewed March 2, 2013

The Jade Hotel in Kensington, Chelsea is by far the best value you will find in the area. Centrally located only 200 meters from Earls Court Underground tube station and numerous essential shops. For anyone who has travelled Europe on a budget it is ideal for single or family accommodation. The eco size rooms are newly renovated, quiet and clean with modern facilities. Free Wifi is also available for those who need to keep in touch. The staff are very helpful and courteous.
I highly recommend The Jade if your looking for any or all of the above.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Small, the room is very small, so don’t plan on having a game of Twister. But that's what you get in such a convenient location, 2 minutes from Earls Court tube station.

• Staff are helpful and friendly.
• Décor in our room was brand spanking new and spotlessly clean, ditto the bedding.
• Modern furnishings throughout.
• Large tv with DVD player, tea+coffee, fridge, microwave and crockery.
• No breakfast, but there are cafés nearby.
• No full length mirror and not much storage space.
• No hangers but we could have asked if we’d needed them.
• Tiny shower room that is right at the end of the bed, so if you're sharing, you'll get to know your partner’s bathroom habits if you didn't already.
• Bathroom mirror steams up.
• Fantastically hot power and rain shower.

We stayed in February 2013 and the room was a little chilly. We put on the heating, but didn’t want to keep it on all night because of the noise of the fan. You can hear the tubes running underneath every few minutes until about midnight and then starting again from 6am. Could be problematic if you’re looking for a quiet night.

The hotel is currently undergoing renovation. The photo that accompanies the TA reviews is of the old hotel.

The bottom line is that because of the location, cleanliness and helpful staff, I would stay again, but being aware of the size of the tiny room, and the noise issue from tubes and aircon/heating.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank HongKong02
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I stayed here for one night, Jan 30th and I'll definitely stay again.

I like the location on Hogarth rd just opposite Earls Court tube station, handy for the Picadilly line to and fro Heathrow and also a direct route to the Emirates stadium.

In response to the previous review I can confirm that the entire property has been rennovated top to bottom - I asked - and to a very high standard in my opinion! So you can safely disregard any older opinions as the current accommodation bears no relation to the previous state of the place.

I booked the Jade in haste to be near friends staying in the Executive Rooms Shafstbury nearby, which was full. Unusually for me I only checked TA after I'd made my reservation and I was aghast at some of the older reviews, particularly the traveller photos.

I cannot understand why the management don;t post some pics of the wonderful rennovations they have done or why TA continue to link the Jade with it's former self - it is very misleading.

The Jade is quality accommodation, reasonably priced and very well located. Only slight complaint is that they don;t serve breakfast but the Best Western opposite do a delicious,, if pricey breakfast buffet (onther reason I stay on this street!)

I'll stay here again for sure.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 13, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is just 2 mins walk from earls court tube and is close to the high road with many take aways, restaurants, shops etc ...First impression was how clean, modern and so fresh smelling the place was. Friendly young man on reception. We ( my 8 year old daughter and I) were given room G2 at the back of the hotel on the ground floor. The double room was immaculate & clean & we were very pleased. Lovely double bed with ample pillows, perfect clean white bedding. spotless bathroom with enough towels & wonderful monsoon shower. Room has a full length mirror yaaaay! Flat screen tv, bedside lamps, desk & chair, air con - fab! There was a kitchenette (hidden away & looks like a wardrobe) which has a small sink, microwave, mini fridge, kettle with tea, coffee, hot chocolate, biscuits, cups, glasses, plates etc -all clean & compact and in good working order. A hair dryer is provided too.
We checked out early but our return train wasnt until 8.40pm - the hotel was happy to hold our bag until we came back to collect - wonderful. Faults? Well the only one that I can report is not even really a fault... as the hotel is very close to the tube station you can (from room G2 anyway) hear a very low rumbling sound from the trains. It wouldn't keep you awake at night and like a previous reviewer said - I quite like it as it reminds me that I'm on a city break! Might not hear the low rumble if you are on a higher floor of the hotel? But it certainly shouldn't put you off. Would definitely stay here again. London can be such a rip off but I'm glad I struck gold with this place :)

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed February 10, 2013

I stayed in January 2013. My room was very small, that is true. But it was immacualte, spotless, and perfect for my needs - just a one-night stay. Yes, I could hear the tube trains from the underground as a low rumble - was I bothered - no - I actually rather liked it. It reminded where I was - London - oh holiday. Oddly, the floor was cold, but that was my only slight complaint. I think the hotel must have been renovated or certainly my room, since some of the other reviews were written. Bed was comfy, shower was great. Tea, coffee and hot chocolate provided. And biscuits! In a bigger room, where you have my choices of where to put something down, you then can't find the object 5 seconds later. Here, in the Jade, in my little single room, there were very obvious shelves to put things on, so nothing got lost The staff, I met a few, were very friendly. I am a normally a Premier Inn booker, but for where I wanted to be, there were none. Hence, the Jade. It has local services for breakfasts nearby. It is handy for Earls Court Tube Station. I walked into West Kensington. The night buses route is fairly close too. For me, this was perfect.

Room Tip: Just check whether the whole hotel has been renovated.