Grange Lodge Hotel
galahotels.com
$288
$277
  • Restaurant
All reviewsealing broadwayheathrow connectone nightfull english breakfastbeansnational railbed and breakfastbit datedwouldn't stay anywhere elsecooked breakfastwifi connectioncentral linecomfy roomquiet areaguest housetube stationhot water
Reviewed November 17, 2012

stayed at the grange lodge hotel on 31st october.situated in a good position for central london just off the north circular and plenty of pubs and take aways within easy walking distance.I was greeted on arrival by Anna who was polite ,efficient and went out of her way to assist me with some faxes i needed to get back to my office.I cannot speak highley enough of Anna who is a credit to her employers she went the extra mile to ensure I was a happy customer.The breakfast was excellent with plenty of choice.Would def stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 1, 2012

My husband and I along with our 7 month old baby stayed for 1 night, although at time of booking the only available room was a small double, Jill at the hotel was so helpful and made sure we would have everything we needed on arrival inorder to make our stay as comfortable as possible, down to making sure the room would be ready for me to feed our baby in when we got there around lunchtime. The room was all ready with a cot and bedding all set up, the room was clean and actually not as small as I was expecting which was great! Perfect for our needs. We were able to store our buggy downstairs in the lounge rather than lugging it up the stairs and a highchair was put out for our use. Breakfast was great and the staff really friendly, on site parking was also a bonus.

Ive never found it easy to find reasonable decent accommodation in London but will most definitely keep the details for this hotel as a fab find and great value for money, for the next time we venture up to the big smoke from Devon!

Many thanks Jill

• Stayed: October 2012
3  Thank ClaireSorensen
Reviewed October 12, 2012

This is a little gem of a hotel in Ealing.

The hotel is about a 10 minute walk from the Ealing Broadway train and tube stop. Heathrow Connect Stops here and is a short 20 min ride. One note is that if you are arriving or leaving on a Sunday the trains only run once an hour.

Ealing offers a lot of restaurant options. My favorite was the Haven Arms Pub, a short walk north of the station.

The rooms are decent size and clean. Its a little bit on the older side, but well maintained. I stayed in a room with a shared bath. There is sink in the room which is handy. I had no problem with the shared bathroom.

The breakfast is the typical English breakfast with toast, eggs, tomato, hash brown, bacon, and sausage. The staff will cook the egg any way you want. There is also yogurt, cereal, and fruit.

The staff is great. They are friendly and take care of anything you need.

Overall it was great place to stay and I definitely would stay here again when I am back in London.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank shutb45
Reviewed September 30, 2012

The Grange Lodge is a short 15 minute walk from the Ealing Broadway or Ealing Common Stations, 2 lines that are easily accessible from Heathrow Airport. If you arrive between 10am and 8pm, you may want to select Ealing Common Station, as Ealing Broadway Features a route of Restaurants and Shopping and can be quite busy if you are toting luggage.

The hotel is on a residential block, and you may find yourself thinking you are on the wrong path until suddenly there it is.

We arrived at the Hotel early, due to an overnight flight - they do not accomodate early check in, so we found a nearby Starbucks to drink coffee and use the free internet to pass the time.

As mentioned in other reviews, the staircases are narrow, but this did not pose a problem for us, as we had packed light for the trip. The room was of a good size for a European room and the beds were comfortable. The room was clean, and a TV with many channels was provided as well as a coffee maker.

The bathroom was tiny, but functional. I myself had to step out of the bathroom after using, as I found maneuvering in there resulted in bashed elbows and knees.

Breakfast was average. They prepare eggs, sausage/bacon, hash brown, tomatoes, beans, and toast to order. The food tasted ok, it wasn't great and it wasn't bad - for breakfast it served the purpose. There was also cereal, yogurt and fresh fruit provided. We did not leave the lodge hungry before venturing out.

The neighborhood is nice, and seems safe. We were able to find restaurants within a 5 to 15 minute walk, and there is a shopping center 10 minutes walk away that can suit many needs.

Wireless internet at the hotel was great, it had enough bandwidth where we could use Skype and IP phone applications to keep in touch with home.

There is a neighborhood cat that waits by the doors, not sure if she is owned by the hotel or a neighbor. We didn't let her in, but we did give her attention. She is very lovable and friendly, and a nice addition for those of us pet lovers who pine for our animals at home.

We'll definitely consider the grange for a future London trip. Though an old hotel, it was clean and functional, and had enough in the neighborhood to keep us busy, as well as stations nearby to get us anywhere in London.

Room Tip: Perhaps a room on the second floor. That is where we stayed and the room was a decent size.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BergholzTimelord
Reviewed September 27, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at the Grange for a few days and it's a great hotel! Good value, rooms, location and both girls on duty were helpful and very welcoming. Great staff. The only thing I didn't like was the fact that they had this cat that would just breeze in and out as it pleased! One night it jumped in through my window and nearly gave me a heart attack. I heard other guests talking about the cat being in thier rooms,but I didn't think anything of it till that night. Since when do hotels have domestcated pets?? Just because of that, I wouldn't stay again.

• Stayed: September 2012