“Good basic accommodations”

Holiday Inn Express London - Park Royal
Ranked #297 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Nothing out of the ordinary. Good basic sleeping accommodations. We booked a standard but the only room the had was "accessible" - handicapped. After we checked in, we tried once or twice to switch, to no avail. The room was neat and clean. AC didn't really cool very well. But since it was October, we opened the window which cooled things down. But it is very, very noisy from the street with delivery trucks and passenger cars running throughout the night. It is really close to the North Acton tube station on the Central Line. So anywhere in London is just a ride away. But after a long day of sightseeing and walking endless miles in London, a 30 minute tube ride back to the hotel is exhausting. Extras such as hot breakfast and free wifi were nice. No gym... had to go to sister property (Crown Plaza at Hanger tube station) for access. They charged £17.50 for a week's use. Overall, I wouldn't stay here again. Not because the staff isn't friendly or that it's not a good value for the money. But for a few hundred dollars more for the week, we could have been closer to the areas we wanted to go, not have to deal with the noise from the street, and not have to travel down the road to go to the gym.

Room Tip: Ask for one on the tube side of the building.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
DeepakVaid, Deputy General Manager at Holiday Inn Express London - Park Royal, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2013

Dear rmarsh673,

Thank you for taking the time and posting a review of your experience at our hotel. Three star rating of your review gives me a sense that although satisfactory you weren't particularly pleased with your stay at our hotel. I do apologise that you had to put up with the noise from the street outside your room. All our guest bedrooms are triple glazed to keep such noise out however; I do understand that you had to open the window due to A/C blowing out either hot or ambient temperature air. This happens as in winters we turn off cold air from central panel.

I also note that it was little inconvenient for you going to another hotel for gymnasium usage. Being a limited service Express brand hotel of the Holiday Inn family it does limit our service offerings and presently a gym does not conform to our brand standards.

Even though you would prefer staying at a much closer location to centre of London; I hope you will choose to stay with us again whenever you are in the city and are looking for value for your money and a service that is Simple, Smart and Spotless.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

Stayed one night at the above hotel, excellent facilities and value for money. The staff were welcoming and informative. The hotel is near the Central Line which has easy access to Central London. Recommended.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
DeepakVaid, Deputy General Manager at Holiday Inn Express London - Park Royal, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2013

Dear Chris C,

Many thanks for your generous review and awarding us 5 star rating. I am pleased to learn you had an excellent stay at our hotel. I also would like to thank you for your kind words for the team members.

Trust in future too; you will continue to give us many opportunities to be of service to you.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

Had to stay here for a training course near by. Hotel was fine, but very little parking and no evening meal (which was not advertised before hand). We got dinner at a decent enough pub on the corner, but this seemed the only option save for a mini super market and a pizza place. Service was polite and efficient. Right next to north acton tube, which could be helpful for some.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
DeepakVaid, Deputy General Manager at Holiday Inn Express London - Park Royal, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

Dear Ruairi786,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay with us. I note your point about limited car park which is managed on a first-come-first serve basis. At times where the hotel may be running on a full occupancy there are chances that there may not be enough places for all our guests. Being an Express brand of Holiday Inn we do not have an on-site restaurant facility.
However, I am pleased to share that we have recently introduced room service via a third party caterer called Room Seasons that provides freshly cooked high quality meals. Hope next time you stay with us you will be able to try them out as this provides our guests an alternate choice for an evening meal.

Team Park Royal looks forward to welcoming you soon and we shall continue to work on our limitations to further improve our offering and service.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

I Booked four weeks previous to our Stay.I booked a Twin room, when we checked in was asked what we booked given the keys and went to the room.The room was a Double with a sofa bed already supposablie made up with the quilt and sheet just slung over the sofa.And the cover for the Quilt was far to big. I rung reception to be told they were fully booked and could not move us. They oviously knew the room wasn't the room we booked but didn't have the nerve to tell us.
We were moved on the second day but reception told us they over book on Twin rooms.So be very warey when arriving as you may not get the room you wanted

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank BettybooNorthampton

Dear BettybooNorthampton,

Many thanks for your candid review of your experience at our hotel. I do apologise that you could not be accommodated into the room type you had initially requested for but were moved the second night. This certainly is not a true reflection of our service standards nor does it manifests our genuine desire and commitment towards our guests. I would therefore request to view this purely as an aberration from our normal standards.

I trust next time you visit London you will give us an opportunity to make mends and improve on our service.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

I happened to stay at this hotel twice. It is located near the centre (a few tube stations). The nearest tube station is just around the corner (North Acton, Central line, zone 2). It takes about 10 minutes by tube to get to the most important attractions of London and a couple of stations away from Westfield in Sheperd's Bush.
Rooms are very pleasant, new and very clean, quite spacious as well as bathrooms. There are quite a number of family rooms which have a sofa (you should book them as family double or family twin). Breakfast is very decent (eggs, sausages, toasts with butter and jam, yogurts, cereals and cereal bars, also porridges are available at extra charge).
There is an ice-machine near reception, also free newspapers and friendly staff.
We were more than satisfied with our stay there. Surely I would choose this hotel again for my next holiday break.

Room Tip: Pick up family doubles as there's a sofa.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Olga K
DeepakVaid, Deputy General Manager at Holiday Inn Express London - Park Royal, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2013

Dear Olga K,

It gives me immense pleasure when a guest pays us a return visit and is as pleased with the consistent quality service as the previous stay. It is only a reflection of the efforts of Team Park Royal that constantly strives to make every guest feel happy and at home even while away.

We look forward to welcoming you again and again for we can promise you excellence every time.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

The good: Rooms are clean doubles - not king/queen. Next to the tube station.Breakfast is decent. Ability to get a draught beer is nice. Tesco, Indian takeout, and pub next door. Sound proof even though it is along the tube line.

The bad: No ironing board in the room. Service less than at other Holiday Inn Express locations. E.g. no wakeup call service, no phone programming and no bedside clock. When I called for wake-up call was told to "use the TV alarm". I had just gotten in, quite late, and when I called again to say that the TV remote was not working and they needed to fix the remote so I could set the alarm - the front desk person said "we will fix it tomorrow AND give you a wake up call". Of course there was no wake up call! - but they did fix the remote the next day evening).

Can't complain - was 100GBP cheaper than city-central equivalent locations amf right on the tube. Getting to Heathrow is also quite convenient

Dear K-Sub,

Let me take this opportunity to first thank you for highlighting the positives that seem to have made your stay with us a good choice. With respect to the Ironing board in the room and wake-up call service, I would just like to share with you that being an Express branded property of Holiday Inn family, our service offerings are limited as they are largely governed by our brand standards set out by IHG that may otherwise seem common in hospitality industry.

However, I would like to apologise for the missed wake-up call that was promised to you as a special request. Next time when you travel to London and stay with us, please feel free to contact any of the Managers on duty or even me directly to make sure that all your needs are met efficiently and appropriately.

We wait to welcome you back to Park Royal soon.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

I know it's London but this is basic. Location was hard to find(remember your sat nav) . Parking is limited and I had to park illegally and move next morning as I arrived late but reception desk told me it would be ok. No food on site unlike other holiday inn express. Made mistake of ordering from 'room seasons' which is shown in room and in bar and thought it was part of hotel and going on bill. Shock when asked for 19 pound on food arrival and even more shocked at size of food (might feed a small child).

Room Tip: Do not, I repeat do not order from room seasons. Very poor value
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express London - Park Royal, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

Dear bristolmark2391,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I can assure you that your comfort and satisfaction are of utmost importance to us and for that please accept my sincere apologies if your stay was negatively affected by service you received from our hotel. I appreciate you bringing this matter into our attention as this is our best resource for improving guest satisfaction. Rest assured that these will be shared to our management team for the purpose of bringing improvements needed.

Krysllin G.