I stayed in this hotel for 2 nights recently with my mother. I picked this hotel because I know this area and it was easy to reach from the A40. Also, it had twin non-smoking rooms available.
The Express brand is a budget hotel within the Intercontinental family. I have stayed in many of their hotels, in the UK and abroad and have a good idea of the differences between the brands. Rooms are smaller than in the Holiday Inn and Crowne Plaza range. There are no fridges in the UK hotels, also things like toiletries are provided but in a wall dispenser to minimize waste.
From my arrival at the hotel to when I left I had a very positive experience with maybe one or two grumbles but nothing that would make me not want to return. The female front of house staff were very helpful when we arrived early on the Sunday morning, and we were greeted as Priority Club members. Our room was not available but they offered us the use of alternative facilities should we want to change, provided safe storage for our luggage, invited us to partake of breakfast (£7 each, we declined), or have a hot drink. When I asked where the nearest tube station was, I was given a tube map with the station circled (North Acton) and told how to get there. The tube station is directly behind the hotel and is indeed a short walk.
After our day in the city we returned to the hotel and picked up some supplies from the Tesco store opposite. There is also a petrol station next door and bus stops nearby. We went up to our room on the first floor. A lift is provided but you can also take the stairs if you want some exercise! Our room was at the front, but with the double glazing and the additional panel over the window the room was very quiet and you could not hear any road noise. The room was well laid out, pretty standard to this brand of hotel. There was plenty of room for the two of us. Standard equipment included flat screen tv, tea and coffee making facilities (sadly no hot chocolate), hairdryer, air-con unit (this was quite noisey though I turned the fan setting down). The beds were comfortable and clean, although the pillows were not particularly comfortable. There is no bed side clock. This didn't bother me because I use my phone and do not like lights in the bedroom anyway. The bathroom was compact with a toilet and shower, well lit and a reasonable amount of space to put wash bags, etc.
Breakfast is included in the price, this is one of the reasons for choosing this hotel. In the Holiday Inn you would pay about £15/person for breakfast on top of your room rate. Breakfast choice is good. A variety of cereals, cold milk, yogurts, fresh and tinned fruits, bread rolls, bread for toasting, spreads, jams, etc,and a selection of pastries. Hot foods included sausages, scramble egg and baked beans. Tea, coffee and other hot drinks were available as well as a selection of juices. The breakfast area was busy, but staff ensured the buffett was well stocked and tables cleaned and cleared. There was something for everyone and it was good quality and value.
To be honest, how much time do you spend in a hotel room? Basically it's just a place to store some stuff and sleep and get a shower. This hotel fulfilled my requirements. The room was clean and tidy, the overall cleanliness and presentation of the hotel was very good. It is well located for sightseeing although the location itself is not anything special. There is a charge for parking; £10/day which is okay, although they did try to charge me for 3 days instead of 2! Also, parking spaces are very limited and you may find it difficult to park.
Overall, this is a good budget hotel with good accomodation and well located for trips in and around London. I will definately use it again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy a warm welcome and excellent transport links at the Holiday Inn Express London-Park Royal hotel. A modern, 5-story hotel with striking blue-and-white facade, Holiday Inn Express London-Park Royal is just 2 minutes' walk from North Acton Underground station for speedy links to central London and Westfield Shopping Centre. Friendly staff are waiting to greet you in our stylish Lobby, just 40 minutes by Tube from Heathrow Airport. Host business events for up to 60 delegates in one of Holiday Inn Express London-Park Royal's 3 naturally lit meeting rooms and check email anytime via FREE wireless Internet. We're located in the Park Royal Business Centre, home of Carphone Warehouse, and 3.5 miles from major conferences and exhibitions at Wembley conference centre. Westfield London, a 5-minute Tube journey from the hotel, is Europe's largest urban shopping centre with hundreds of designer shops, a cinema complex and many restaurants serving everything from Oysters to Mexican street food. It's 20 minutes to central London for Oxford Street shopping, West End theatre and world-famous attractions like the London Eye. Plan a day's sightseeing over FREE hot buffet breakfast selection at Holiday Inn Express London-Park Royal's open-plan Great Room. In the evenings you can watch live sport on the plasma TVs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Holiday Inn Express London - Park Royal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express London-Park Royal Hotel London
- Holiday Inn London
- Holiday Inn Express London - Park Royal England