“Do not stay at this property - no matter what!!!!!!”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Exhibition Court Hotel 3
Ranked #1,034 of 1,063 Hotels in London
A TripAdvisor Member
“Do not stay at this property - no matter what!!!!!!”
Reviewed October 24, 2005

I am writing this review to warn all those impending London travellers NOT TO BOOK THIS PROPERTY. It was the smallest, most disguisting room I have ever had the misfortune of staying in. We had nowhere to place our luggage except on our beds or in the small walkway between the entrance door and crappy bathroom. What concerned me most was that if there was a fire while we slept, we would have died trying to get out with our suitcases being in the way. Reception staff were totally useless. There was no reception desk at this property, you had to play chicken with busy Warwick Road to obtain assistance from Exhibition Court 2 across the road. The shower was not attached to the wall and no matter how many times we asked, no one could get a simple screwdriver to attach this. Their excuse was that a plumber didnt work on weekends. When we tried to shower, water went absolutely everywhere. The bathroom floor will cave in soon due to all the water seeping under the crappy lino. My husband had to shave using a kitchen pot as there wasn’t even a bath plug. Silicone was used to patch up everything from a broken toilet cistern to being 8cm thick around the bathtub alone. A garden view is of overgrown weeds and shrubs with rubbish bags and junk piling up outside. When the room was serviced on our last day, they forgot our replacement bath towells. Even if the rooms were free, do not stay here. This is no exaggeration. It will definitely ruin your London experience. London accommodation may not be great value for money, but for the price, this was just beyond a joke and definitely sub-standard.

• Stayed August 2005
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Reviewed April 11, 2005

I stayed at the EC 3 in March 05. Be warned that these hotels are not the bargin of the century. They are cheaper lower quality hotels. Warwick road is very busy and rooms facing the street get a lot of noise. Our room was very basic and semi-shabby with lots of dings in the walls. The room was long but was not wide enough for the bed. The kitchette was bare-bones and well worn. The breakfast "room" was a small hall in the basement. The standard breakfast consisted of toast (with butter and jam) coffee, OJ, and tired corn flakes--and that's it. An English breakfast was L5 more for ham, scary sausage, egg, and beans which was thrown in for our on-line reservation but difficult to get from the staff.

• Stayed March 2005
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Pinerolo, ITALY
Reviewed August 23, 2004

I have been there for 3 nights in June. The room was tiny, the bathroom was so smal you can move (the basin was so small that if you wash your face, you washed your feet too...).
Even though we had full breakfast included, the girl who served breakfast in a tragically small room wanted to serve us only continental because there was an error on her list (and she doesn't speak or understand english so well).
Next time I'll go to a Formula 1 hotel: it's cheaper and I know before what I'm encountering!

• Stayed June 2004
6 Thank Elena_A393
Reviewed May 31, 2004

Hotels gives this place 3 stars. I am intrigued on what a 2 star may look like, or where I could possibly find a 1 star (besides in Kabul). This hotel may offer "new" ammenaties but it was put together by a pre-cold war Russian peasant with no instructions. The shower door did not fit the shower and thus leaked water all over the place. The toilet was conviently located under the sink so you had to sit sideways or pee at an angle to avoid peeing on the floor. The walls were made out of painted cardboard thus letting you hear each and every intimate detail of your neighbors phone calls and loud ebola/SARS coughing at 3am. A true winner!!!

14 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 22, 2004

I was down in london for 2 nights on a training course and booked through the web. upon arrivial, a young man told me I was in Exhibition Court 2 and should go a little further to Exhibition Court 4 where I was booked in. The directions were wrong, and I wandered off track for 15 minutes with my bags. I finally found No. 4 only to be told to check in at No.3 The same young man was on reception at 3 but pretended that he did not recognise me! The owner told me that I was to be in no. 3 as the no. 4 had plumbing problems despite me watching him led a party of 4 to No. 4!
The room smelt of smoke, despite me booking a non-smoking room. granted that the room was quite tidy and the toilet ok. but the room was badly ventilated and hard to sleep in, the tv was very high up in the wall, and you had to stand on a chair to change channels. on the 1st night the lock on the door did not work so I slept with a chair tilt against it. Breakfast was a joke as the Polish waitress did not understand orders, and the coffee machine was broken. When I complained about the service, the owner told me that I was late for breakfast! I was down each morning at 7.45am. I will never ever stay there again, worse 2 nights of my life!

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Sydney Australia
Reviewed March 31, 2004

I booked an executive suite through whotif.com for accommodation for myself, my mother and 3 year old daughter for 4 nights in Feb 2004. Upon arrival we were told our room wasn't ready and we needed to wait 1/2 hour which we did. Then we were told it was still not ready and to come back later. we wanted to shower and freshenen up, finally they agreed to allow us to use the showers only to find there were no clean towels in the entire hotel. We were given a room on the 4th floor and with no lift transporting our bags with a child was extremely difficult.Our room was supposed to have a bath which it did not only a shower which would clog up all the time. The rollaway we were promosed did not fit in the room and I was forced to be separated in another single room downstairs.Curtains are ripped, lamps are broken, musty smelling, dilapidated bathrooms, external doors did not lock and breakfast left alot to be desired. Management was extremely unhelpful and I am still awaiting a full refund as they falsely advertised their hotel on the website. I advise anyone who wants a hassle free holiday to steer clear of this place!!!!

10 Thank debSydneyAustralia